Hotfix 1.31 now available on PC!

+
You mean the updaters they just updated?

:eredinfacepalm:

I was about to reinstall, but maybe I'll hold off for another hot fix for the patch for the update for Galaxy for whatever version of the game I own...

Wait so this is a common occurrence?

Wait so this is a common occurrence?

CDPR really needs to streamline the installs for their games, especially TW3 which has so many patches and DLC. They did this for the GOTY edition but that's an entirely different install. Why not make that available to people who already own all the content? it's just convoluted and disorganized. And every time they update, it breaks mods. Every single time. They don't get that for many PC gamers, the mods are way more beneficial than their patches, which seem to only fix obscure issues at this point.

Last edited:
CDPR really needs to streamline the installs for their games, especially TW3 which has so many patches and DLC. They did this for the GOTY edition but that's an entirely different install. Why not make that available to people who already own all the content? it's just convoluted and disorganized. And every time they update, it breaks mods. Every single time. They don't get that for many PC gamers, the mods are way more beneficial than their patches, which seem to only fix obscure issues at this point.

The Gog side seems to be a total mess. Use Galaxy, and it's like a random number generator for what it updates and how big the download is. And you've no local backup of the installation files, so if you need to reinstall for any reason, you've no choice but to do it all again.

Use Gog direct, and you get the dozen installation sets with no way of knowing whether or not there are any corruptions in them or if the game will actually run afterwards.

And now we're in the crazy situation where Steam is better at keeping local backups and better at running offline. Which seems to go against the whole ethos of Gog's policies.

The Gog side seems to be a total mess. Use Galaxy, and it's like a random number generator for what it updates and how big the download is. And you've no local backup of the installation files, so if you need to reinstall for any reason, you've no choice but to do it all again.

Use Gog direct, and you get the dozen installation sets with no way of knowing whether or not there are any corruptions in them or if the game will actually run afterwards.

And now we're in the crazy situation where Steam is better at keeping local backups and better at running offline. Which seems to go against the whole ethos of Gog's policies.
Oh, not just Steam. Both Uplay and Origin do this better, and I'm not saying that to be spiteful. The only grief I get from those clients is repeated signing in. It's struck me recently that GOG, of all places, is more of a hassle than the DRM clients. Unless I use my browser to DL, but even then you get the TW3 situation. It's been this way for years and they seriously can't boast about easy access to games with this going on.

Oh, not just Steam. Both Uplay and Origin do this better, and I'm not saying that to be spiteful. The only grief I get from those clients is repeated signing in. It's struck me recently that GOG, of all places, is more of a hassle than the DRM clients. Unless I use my browser to DL, but even then you get the TW3 situation. It's been this way for years and they seriously can't boast about easy access to games with this going on.

I was about to post that it seems to have improved - just checked Gog again, and now there's finally a direct installer for 1.31. I think they must have just provided it, pretty sure it wasn't there yesterday.

So if you have the bandwidth to redownload 45GB and are lucky enough for none of it to download corrupt, I guess everything's hunky-dory.

The 1.31 for GOTY on GOG Client is looping Auto Update, it would be nice if we can have a stand alone 1.31 exe patch so we don't need to wait to have the game apply the 1.31 patch with the client.

I was about to post that it seems to have improved - just checked Gog again, and now there's finally a direct installer for 1.31. I think they must have just provided it, pretty sure it wasn't there yesterday.

So if you have the bandwidth to redownload 45GB and are lucky enough for none of it to download corrupt, I guess everything's hunky-dory.

Well it finally worked, through Galaxy no less. Galaxy also auto updated every game in my library in epically fast fashion. Let's hope this is the beginning of a new era for GOG.

:faith:

Come on man, where is the 1.31 hotfix for PS4? Just release it ASAP! I want to continue my journey on the game, i'm stuck on the pyres of novigrad mission because the hotfix update hasn't come yet!!!

Come on man, where is the 1.31 hotfix for PS4? Just release it ASAP! I want to continue my journey on the game, i'm stuck on the pyres of novigrad mission because the hotfix update hasn't come yet!!!

Installing 2 DLCs solves all problems

I have all expansions and dlc installed and it still takes five to ten seconds to load in Novigrad so it's not true in my case. Some poeple reported that it only fixes missing Vivaldi arms and nothing else.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone know if Hotfix 1.31 has gone live for Xbox One yet? Because when I put my copy of the Complete Edition in my Xbox One today, I was prompted to download a 153 MB update. Is that the Hotfix 1.31 update or something else? Because to my knowledge, all copies of Complete/GOTY editions come with Patch 1.30 already on the disc, so I shouldn't have to download any updates/patches when I install my game unless Hotfix 1.31 has gone live for Xbox One users.

come on, I've been waiting a long time for the hotfix 1.31 on PS4
I can not continue the game, infinite loading screen when following the thief.

Yes exactly and not exactly %50 / %50..

Patch 1.31 on Xbox One is live, I was asked to install it when I ran the game. Dunno about ps4 version but I read on the internets that 1.31 on ps4 is also available. There are some reports of minor bugs and glitches but conversations in Novigrad and
Pyres of Novigrad
quest are fixed.

I wonder if we'll be getting any more updates, considering we still can't complete the game to 100% due to some quests being bugged.

Top Bottom