Hotfix 3.0.1 is live!

+

Dominika

CD PROJEKT RED

New hotfix for GWENT: The Witcher Card Game is now available for PC, PS4 and Xbox One!

Here’s the full list of changes:

Syndicate
  • Sigi Reuven's provision cost changed from 12 to 13, and his power changed from 4 to 3.
Sigi Reuven was achieving incredible value. In most decks, he was generating 9 Coins in addition to his 4-power body and an Intimidate engine. With a provision and power tweak, he should be more balanced.

• Caleb Menge's ability changed to: "Profit 3. Fee 3 (Melee): Place a Bounty on an enemy unit. Cooldown: 1."
We decided to add a Cooldown to Menge to help make the Bounty mechanic more balanced. In general, we’re thoroughly monitoring how the Bounty status performs and, if this change doesn’t prove enough, we’ll make additional adjustments at the end of the month.

• Rico Meiersdorf's provision cost changed from 8 to 6.
  • Ewald Borsodi's provision cost changed from 7 to 8.
  • Horst Borsodi's provision cost changed from 7 to 8.
We adjusted the provision cost of these cards to values we believe will bring their power to a more desirable level.

• Whoreson's Freak Show power changed from 6 to 5, and its ability changed to: "Insanity. Fee 1: Give an enemy unit Bleeding for 1 turn. If Insanity was used, damage a random enemy unit by 1 instead."
On top of being the only power-equal-to-provision removal unit in the entire game, this card also performed as one of the strongest for single-target removal. With this change, it’s still very efficient but its value should be more in line with similar cards.

• Blindeye Apothecary's power changed from 3 to 2, her Ranged Deploy boost amount changed from 2 to 3, and her Tribute cost changed from 1 to 3.
At Novigrad’s release, it was arguably the strongest bronze in the entire game. She can still achieve decent value on her own, but now her Tribute will offer a more difficult, tactical decision.

• Tamara Strenger's Tribute ability now specifies it is used "instead" of the Deploy rather than in addition to it.

Game Fixes
  • Fixed an issue whereby the Purify ability of Dryad's Caress would not remove Bounty statuses.
  • Fixed an issue whereby Kurt's Intimidate would trigger when Crime cards were moved to the top of the player's deck via Courier's ability.
  • Fixed an issue whereby Lock did not disable Fee and Insanity abilities.
  • Fixed an issue whereby Harald Gord's ability would not work if the player went second in the match.
  • Fixed an issue whereby Nathaniel Pastodi could not give Bleeding to an enemy unit with Immunity.
  • Fixed an issue whereby Pugo Boom-Breaker's ability could not damage allied units with Immunity.
  • Fixed an issue whereby infinite Duel loops led to a desync and disconnect. Now Duel loops will be limited to 10 instances of damage.
  • Rico Meiersdorf now correctly has the Halfling category rather than Human.
  • Sir Skewertooth now correctly has the Crownsplitters category.
  • Deploy VFX for Boris have been fixed.
  • The PS4 controller light now shows Syndicate's orange color when a deck from this faction has been selected.
  • Filters in the Deck Builder now show filter category names and also display the current active filter below the category name. Additionally, the most recently used filters are now remembered and are automatically selected upon reopening the Deck Builder.
  • Fixed an issue whereby gamepad input would stop working after attempting to rename a deck in the Deck Builder.
  • Fixed an issue whereby the amounts for Matches Won in the Player Profile were listed incorrectly for certain factions.
  • Artist credits have been added to cards from the Novigrad expansion.
  • The tooltip for Novigradian Justice in the Polish version of Gwent now correctly states that the card gets played from your deck rather than your hand.
  • The tooltip of The Flying Redanian in the Polish version of Gwent now correctly states that the unit can also be Summoned from the graveyard.
  • Fixed an issue whereby the tooltip for Moreelse was missing in the Korean version of Gwent.
  • Fixed an issue whereby the tooltip for Arena Endrega was missing in the German version of Gwent.
  • Fixed an issue whereby the tooltips for Blindeye Apothecary and Doadrick Leumaerts were missing in the Japanese version of Gwent.
  • Fixed an issue whereby the "Premium Version Coming Soon" banner did not display on affected cards during keg opening.
  • Fixed an issue whereby players received a "Transaction Error" message when clicking on the "Purchase" button in the Choose Cardback and Choose Leader Skin menus for items that were released in 3.0 Novigrad update.
  • Fixed an issue whereby the premium art version of Drummond Queensguard had the wrong texture in the background.
  • The premium art animation for Gudrun Bjornsdottir has been fixed.

Thanks for taking care of the guy that was whining about the nerfs !!! A balance change isn't making a game boring it makes it even more enjoyable as we could see one and the same things being played for more than a week now ... tell me if that isn't boring, and it's even better that CDPR addresses the problems and is quick to act. Keep up the good work CDPR team !!!

I'm glad you didn't kill these cards. Ordinarily I might be a bit worried that these weren't enough of a nerf, but knowing that Gwent will receive the biggest balancing patch it's had in a long time at the end of the month, I'm positive about the game's state in the forseeable future.

Guest 4330748

Thanks for the good work CDPR, i'm glad you guys are reactive to the game issues

Good changes, especially Freak Show and Borsodi bros, but i would like to see some SK nerfs :)

• Fixed an issue whereby Harald Gord's ability would not work if the player went second in the match.
Yea right.. just checked that he is not working properly in a crime deck.. played in R3 and got boost only by one point.

DRK3

Forum veteran
Good job, took exactly 1 week, just like Crimson Curse i think. Lets hope the next expansion doesnt come so broken that requires an urgent hotfix like this...

The nerfs seem good, but i fear Freakshow and Bounties will still be too strong. From the description, it seems Freakshow can still be combo'ed with Apothecary for amazing value, even if not controlled damage.

And Menge's change was good but he still provides a minimum value equal to his provision cost, he's still laughing at order units.

Does serpent trap negate crime (special cards) effects that give coins now or was it intended that the coins were still given?
Because I don't see it on the fix list.

Harald Gord doesn't work anyway. His buffs reset after using leader or crime card.
Should I wait another week for him to be fixed?

Thanks for the update! Let's try that now then :) Have a feeling SY will still be very strong but let's go.

Also very nice to have added the reasoning and possible future changes. I think it is a very welcomed addition to the change list.

Great news! Let's see how the meta changes with the updates. Happy to see a buff to Rico btw, it is a fun card and I've never seen it played

rrc

Forum veteran
Good job, took exactly 1 week, just like Crimson Curse i think. Lets hope the next expansion doesnt come so broken that requires an urgent hotfix like this...

The nerfs seem good, but i fear Freakshow and Bounties will still be too strong. From the description, it seems Freakshow can still be combo'ed with Apothecary for amazing value, even if not controlled damage.

And Menge's change was good but he still provides a minimum value equal to his provision cost, he's still laughing at order units.
This is going to be an unpopular post, but Mange needs a buff after this much deserved nerf. Putting bounty on multiple units on deploy and then machine gunning them down was horrible and it needed to stop and I even tweeted to PlayGwent that Mange should have CD of 1 in the hotfix (not saying it is because of me, but just saying I supported the nerf).
But he needs 3 coins to place a bounty and then coins to kill the unit. It is a popular belief that that 3 coins he uses on bounty comes back immediately due to bounty, but it doesn't (unless Gorden or Morsele is used to kill that unit, when using Executioner, you get what you paid for the bounty).

If you play Mange and put a bounty on a unit having 5 power, you need 5 coins to kill that unit to get that 5 bounty of 5 coines. Next round if Mange places a bounty on a 5 power unit, you will have only 2 coins left and you need to spend 5 coins to get the 5-coin-bounty. It is not infitie loop of just wipe the board with Mange and Executioners contrary to popular believe. Here is where KoB comes into picture to provide that 3 coins spent on the bounty to get the machine gun going.

All I am saying is, Witch Hunters break-even placing a bounty. Slander takes just 1 provision to place a bounty. Mange needed that 3 provisions/coins due to his unfair and extremely game breaking ability of placing 3 bounties in a single round. Now that he is fixed (I don't want to call it as a nerf), he needs a buff. He should take 2 coins to place a bounty. He should be something like:

8 provisions, 5 point body, 2 provisions to place a bounty and 2 profit and Cooldown of 1. But after the bad taste he left on the community, any slight buff to him will receive a massive backlash and CDPR will not touch him unless they want to nerf him more.

I played like 3500+ hours of Gwent, plus 'some' Magic the Gathering, World of Warcraft TCG and saw many releases.
Still thinking, even after that the patch, that Syndicate kills anything remotely related to fun (unless you're playing it).

DRK3

Forum veteran
@rrc Im aware that the bounty system isnt as easy as it may seem, since you need coins to put bounty, plus coins to do the damage, but taking into account how easy it is to get coins by other means, and also comparing how effective at removal the 'bounty set' is compared to the removal available to other factions, you end up with the conclusion that bounties needed a nerf.

Havent tried the hotfix, but my prediction is bounties will still be pretty popular. Personally, i'll try some of the other interesting cards that the update brought. Strangely, i've seen better players using hard strategies with SY on the first day than after several days, where all i faced is easy to use decks, requiring little skill.

Confirmed Harald Gord still buggy. Randomly resets boost to 0 mid game. Doesnt matter on red or blue coin.

Top Bottom