Hotfix 4.0.3 is out on all platforms!

+

Alicja.

CD PROJEKT RED

Hotfix 4.0.3 is now available on PC, PS4 and Xbox One!

List of changes

• Mystic Echo: provision bonus changed from 14 to 13.
  • Rowdy Dwarf: armor has been removed.
  • Zoltan Chivay: power changed from 5 to 4 and provision cost changed from 8 to 9.
  • Mahakam Guard: power changed from 3 to 2.
  • Barclay Els: power changed from 4 to 3.
  • Guerilla Tactics: provision bonus changed from 14 to 15.
  • Invigorate: provision bonus changed from 15 to 16.
  • Dracoturtle: provision cost changed from 12 to 11.
  • Terror of the Seas: power changed from 4 to 5.
  • Portal: provision cost changed from 12 to 13.
  • A bug with Ard Feainn Light Cavalry ability was fixed.

This doesn't even qualify as a band aid. So people cool off on the dwarves and move to a multitude of broken defender combo's. That's not any better cdpr. How could you do nothing about defenders? I for one am just going to continue abusing the hell out of defenders because that is what basically everyone is doing right now. The game revolving around defenders is not a good thing. I don't know why you didn't even do a power/provision adjustment on them. Also nothing on SY's super broken Savolla combo???

This doesn't even qualify as a band aid. So people cool off on the dwarves and move to a multitude of broken defender combo's. That's not any better cdpr. How could you do nothing about defenders? I for one am just going to continue abusing the hell out of defenders because that is what basically everyone is doing right now. The game revolving around defenders is not a good thing. I don't know why you didn't even do a power/provision adjustment on them. Also nothing on SY's super broken Savolla combo???
Just use purify for defenders it's really not hard

Thank god. If I never see a dwarf again, it will be too soon.

Now that they aren't a brain dead meta choice I will be moving back to them lol. They are still going to be tier 0 easy.
Post automatically merged:

Just use purify for defenders it's really not hard

The purify choices are hot garbage and if I force myself to put them in you still have to draw them. Not to mention multiple factions play defenders in MULTIPLE rounds. If you want to argue that there are counters that's cool but trying to argue that they are balanced cards is just absurd.

Nice. Are you aware of the bug where the game uses the default leader and cardback even when different ones have been chosen on the main screen?

It seems to happen until Gwent is restarted. Not sure if it only occurs after importing a deck from the website.

Now that they aren't a brain dead meta choice I will be moving back to them lol. They are still going to be tier 0 easy.
Post automatically merged:

The purify choices are hot garbage and if I force myself to put them in you still have to draw them. Not to mention multiple factions play defenders in MULTIPLE rounds. If you want to argue that there are counters that's cool but trying to argue that they are balanced cards is just absurd.
I like defender as a mechanic, adding new mechanics to the game is good. Taunt has been in HS forever and it's not an issue. Instead of changing the defender ability they need to add more ways to play against and around it.

I like defender as a mechanic, adding new mechanics to the game is good. Taunt has been in HS forever and it's not an issue. Instead of changing the defender ability they need to add more ways to play against and around it.

I will agree that defenders open up new combo's which is interesting but I still argue that they are too strong now. There is a reason basically every decent deck has them in it now. I'm not a fan of them defending the entire row. I think it would make more sense if it was adjacent units, that way the new possibilities are still there without it being overly crazy. If they keep it with the whole row they are going to have to do some other balancing to power/provision/armor to make less of a brain dead option that everyone abuses.

Also, since the reward screen is broken it seems that reward points doesnt get added.
I had 9rp when I started playing and still have 9rp after I won 6 rounds...

I will agree that defenders open up new combo's which is interesting but I still argue that they are too strong now. There is a reason basically every decent deck has them in it now. I'm not a fan of them defending the entire row. I think it would make more sense if it was adjacent units, that way the new possibilities are still there without it being overly crazy. If they keep it with the whole row they are going to have to do some other balancing to power/provision/armor to make less of a brain dead option that everyone abuses.
Defender is probably my main reason im going to skip this season. The meta looks too *solitaire* already because of them. They could at least make a card similar to old useless lambert. 7 provision- instantly kill a unit with resilience. Change resilience with defender tag = now we have a somewhat decent answer to solitaire degeneracy. At the moment all purify options are shit. In the long run, you always make an unprofitable move just to have a chance to interact with the opponent board. 4 point purify card still has fewer points than 7 point defender.

I have played quite a bit of dwarves and in my view the problem was not the dwarves, but any leader ability that allows to play 2 cards in 1 turn. This allows abuse of defenders, justice, roche etc. The ‘hot’ nerf to dwarves is laughable because:

1/ they weren’t the strongest. NR engine overload with roche, sword and portal is the crazy stuff.

2/ I have a very viable version of dwarves without Zoltan and Barclay so essentially my deck is now short 2 points on defenders and 1 provision on echo. No armor on rowdies is not a big deal either. Still a superb deck.

Last edited:
I agree with stryker, defenders definetly needs a nerf. Maybe if the defender only protects adjecent units? it would make sense, the defender would still do his job and it would make cards like tempest and arachas venom more viable

I agree with stryker, defenders definetly needs a nerf. Maybe if the defender only protects adjecent units? it would make sense, the defender would still do his job and it would make cards like tempest and arachas venom more viable
It would still be broken when used with leader abilities that allow to play 2 cards per turn.

I expected Defender nerf, but it is at least something.
With 4.0.3 the worst problem of this season should be fixed, and now we have slightly less unbalanced meta.
My hope for acceptably balanced season was reignited - devs might get some usefull, unpoluted (by insanely overpowered decks) data for next balance update.

Edit: I take it back, i mistook Guard for Mercenary. This is no hotfix, it's spit in our faces!

Last edited:
I'm glad they didn't nerf SY. I'm playing it exclusively this season and have a mediocre 50% win rate with the oh so OP Savolla.

I'm not the best player though, maybe that's the problem... :)

So Dwarves did get addressed, however not the problematic pieces.
The problematic pieces are of course Mystic Echo -> Novigradian Justice and Dwarven Mercenary.
I will have to see how this plays out to see if this is the proper way to address them, so do not consider this in any way a complaint.
I would still prefer a rework on Fran (and possibly a nerf on Merc, although at that point that would be overkill), rather than hitting Dwarves, which without the absolutely busted Mystic Echo would be mostly fine.

Top Bottom