Hotfix 4.0.3 is out on all platforms!

+
That's not a problem with the Defenders, but rather with the respective leader abilities
I was trying to say that the combo defender + specific leader ability can be very tough to deal with. Not either of them on it’s own but together. Some need a bit of adjustment rather than rework.

I was sceptical about the last hot fix rebalance but after playing today I think it actually helped. I just wish they similarly adjusted NR engine swarm (e.g. pincer -1; inspiration -1; roche +1).

defenders are great ad to the game every faction has one and plenty of ways to deal with them i dont understand where is the problem.for the first time engines can work , wasnt that the reason everybody crying with all the removal that their engines die instantly?have you ever seen before vysogota staying on board more than one round??

That's not a problem with the Defenders, but rather with the respective leader abilities, which is precisely why I made the following suggestion: Remove all Tutor Leaders (Francesca's Mystic Echo).
That would be a bit of a shame because those leaders are fun to play but I still agree with that, tutors are similar to immune in the way that CDPR went really ham on those effects that have to be used with extreme cautious (because they can very easily break the game otherwise).

The same happened for drawing cards or carry over and I have the feeling it will happen with seizing as well.

Strange they didn't fix Affan. In the beta, elven wardancer's ability was changed because it could be spawned during mulligan and allow a dry pass on round 2 for card advantage. Affan does the same randomly, which is even worse
Post automatically merged:

But thank you for the dwarves hotfix!

I don't like defenders, I don't like armor. It's another game. Must rework old cards and useless leaders

Guest 4336264

I don't like defenders, I don't like armor. It's another game. Must rework old cards and useless leaders
I believe armour was in the original GWENT as found in The Witcher 3. Certainly, the current GWENT can be considered 'another game' - however, by reintroducing armour, it is actually bringing it closer to the true GWENT of The Witcher.

Defenders are a welcomed addition, in my opinion.

I believe armour was in the original GWENT as found in The Witcher 3. Certainly, the current GWENT can be considered 'another game' - however, by reintroducing armour, it is actually bringing it closer to the true GWENT of The Witcher.

Defenders are a welcomed addition, in my opinion.
what unit did have armor in the witcher 3 gwent? none as I recall. not that I mind the mechanic.

defenders are great ad to the game every faction has one and plenty of ways to deal with them i dont understand where is the problem.for the first time engines can work , wasnt that the reason everybody crying with all the removal that their engines die instantly?have you ever seen before vysogota staying on board more than one round??

You are absolutely right about cards being viable with defenders. That in itself is a good thing. I just think the game revolves around them too much atm. It's almost like how certain artifacts dictated the matches as well. Either you have an answer for it or you lose. Defenders protecting everything on a row seems too good for it's cost.

Guest 4336264

what unit did have armor in the witcher 3 gwent? none as I recall. not that I mind the mechanic.
Perhaps I'm wrong as haven't played that game in ages. I might be thinking of the BETA...

They did sure change the game alot. Defenders are interesting but too powerful same as the dual bug defender. They need a downside added to them like destroy a random unit on the row if purified
Perhaps I'm wrong as haven't played that game in ages. I might be thinking of the BETA...
Beta had armor

You are absolutely right about cards being viable with defenders. That in itself is a good thing. I just think the game revolves around them too much atm. It's almost like how certain artifacts dictated the matches as well. Either you have an answer for it or you lose. Defenders protecting everything on a row seems too good for it's cost.
I run defender and Heatwave in every deck. The other day my NG opponent stole my SC defender in R3 with Yen + Calveit, I took it out by damage, than he played his, I banished it by Heatwave and than he spawned another SC defender through Bribery, which I couldn’t answer but eventually outpaced him by pints. It was a good game, which literally revolved around defenders!

seems that card Musicians of Blaviken is bugged in 4.0.3 - when it got ability Poison it immediately destroys itself in your turn (seems that ability is doubled) - got this sad play twice today

Its a good mechanic but the problem with it is that it allows broken engine combos.
If it allows broken engine combos, then it probably isn’t a good mechanics.

I generally like the defenders but given all other existing cards and leader abilities, defenders are problematic.

Significant part of the deck building and game-play decisions is this: Do I include a defender? What defender removal do I include. When do I play my defender? When and how do I deal with my opponent’s defender. Given all NG players are likely to steal my defender and possibly create another copy, I will not include it...

Defenders are a nice mechanics but they should have a weakness. Lower strength, negative deathwish. Maybe make the units untargetable by both players (like shroud in Magic) instead of just opponent. Like that it would be harder to set up combos

Maybe make the units untargetable by both players (like shroud in Magic) instead of just opponent. Like that it would be harder to set up combos
that would make defenders totally pointless for pretty much all factions except tall monsters

that would make defenders totally pointless for pretty much all factions except tall monsters
Not true: the engines of NR (boost, auto-charges, revenants), the engines of NG generating charges with tactic and protection of assimilation, protection of self damage row for SK, possibility to set up all those dwarves (or elves) with ST. All those examples can be done without targeting anything...

Not true: the engines of NR (boost, auto-charges, revenants), the engines of NG generating charges with tactic and protection of assimilation, protection of self damage row for SK, possibility to set up all those dwarves (or elves) with ST. All those examples can be done without targeting anything...
convinced me here but I still think it would be a really bad idea. would punish charge decks for no appearant reason imo.

I see your point, you're right. It would leave some decks untouched and would only penalize some where you actually need to work to get effects...

Another solution would be to remove the defender tag upon losing armor...?

I honestly think at 10 provisions defenders would be totally fine. I mean it is something to consider in deckbuilding now and more often than not defenders get answered successfully in my experience

Top Bottom