Hotfix 7.0.2 is now available!

+

We’ve just launched Hotfix 7.0.2 on all platforms! With this quick fix we’re addressing the overall dominance of Skellige after update 7.0.

List of changes:
  • Second Wind provision bonus has been changed from 14 to 11.
  • Harald an Craite will now give Doomed to a resurrected unit (this change will not be reflected in the tooltip until update 7.1).
  • Tyrggvi power has been changed from 5 to 4.
  • Blood Eagle now lets you play a Warrior with provision cost 7 or less instead of 8 or less.
  • Ethereal provision has been changed from 8 to 9.

rrc

Forum veteran
Thank you so much CDPR!! This will give us some chance to play other factions without having to hard tech against SK. Love from ST player. If you want more love, buff ST (especially Shaping Nature) :beer:.

it's better than nothing but I don't like the second wind provision nerf at all, as I think it totally misses the point. other decks have used this leader as well and were not considered OP/tier 0 and those decks are now hit even harder than GS. I've seen both lippy and geidyneth decks play second wind as well.

I don't understand the problem with provision capping the ability, that would imo been the best solution for both second wind and mystic echo. harmony is now dead and this time GS are still alive and well but the leader is too weak to be used for other decks. GJ.

I'm also not too sure this will matter that much. Essentially I just changed Dagur for a Greatsword and I had 1 provision left to actually improve my deck...

My deck wasn't even using Tyrggvi.

Last edited:
I'm afraid that even 3 prov nerf will not solve the problem :(
You should give Second Wind 9 provision cap instead.

Unfortunately it changes almost nothing. Spyro already replaced a few cards and keeps playing SK mirrors. GS still will be very strong, but with Second Wind provision nerf you are killing other archetypes (druids for example). I hope one day you understand that sometimes you have to change ability and not the provision.

Blood Eagle and Ethereal changes seem good.

Yeah, I don't know. A nerf is a nerf, I suppose, but to me the main issue was the fact that GS got two new ways to enable bloodlust/boar on top of the longship, which was already pretty crazy if not immediately dealt with, and both, Harald and Herkja are MUCH better than the longship for obvious reasons. And neither of them were addressed in this fix.

I'm not Skelliga player and won't be in the near future.
But I think people want SK nerfed while keeping them playable. Nobody wants any faction to be obliterated (ok, people seem to hate NG haha).

But in the topic of MO, OceanMud said on stream that in order to be relevant at higher ranks, MO players need to play Ethereal. Game after game.
I know that it's just a hotfix, but shifting a bit of power from Ethereal towards other cards would be nice, so MO players have more options of being competitive.

Anyway, thanks for the fix!

DRK3

Forum veteran
Nerfs to Skellige and Ethereal, the most broken new stuff from the expansion. And even nerfed, they will probably remain very popular and strong, but its a good start.

Second Wind was 14 provisions before? That's ridiculous, no wonder it was SK's top picked ability by far, with only minor competition from Lippy Cerys deck using Ursine.

Agreed. With how difficult it is to stop, it could easily be increased to something like 12 Provisions and still consistently reach value far above its Provision cost.
It's one of those few cards like Geralt Yrden that alone can make all the difference.

Attachments

• 4444.png
    4444.png
    520.9 KB · Views: 767
Agreed. With how difficult it is to stop, it could easily be increased to something like 12 Provisions and still consistently reach value far above its Provision cost.
Yeah, there's really no reason not to go for Ysgith+Ethereal if you're a monster player right now since it doesn't really need to synergize with your deck anyway. If your opponent miraculously manages to stop it both times you can still play the match like normal and have a good chance of winning. It's made my favorite monster leader ability completely dumb.

Do

We’ve just launched Hotfix 7.0.2 on all platforms! With this quick fix we’re addressing the overall dominance of Skellige after update 7.0.

List of changes:
  • Second Wind provision bonus has been changed from 14 to 11.
  • Harald an Craite will now give Doomed to a resurrected unit (this change will not be reflected in the tooltip until update 7.1).
  • Tyrggvi power has been changed from 5 to 4.
  • Blood Eagle now lets you play a Warrior with provision cost 7 or less instead of 8 or less.
  • Ethereal provision has been changed from 8 to 9.
Do you have any plans for adjustments to this season's fMMR?

Because it's pretty much guaranteed you are going to end up with the top 100 dominated by players who were happily racking up points playing 40-50 games back to back with SK second wind these last 6 days.

What kind of MMR do you think they will end up with once they play out the 25 games with the other 3 factions?!
Post automatically merged:

The Hotfix is really great. Nevertheless, to my mind the Initiative Tag for the second attack of Wild Boar of the Sea would also add value.
It's ridiculous how they basically nerfed Regis out of existence with the initiative tag (due to tutors breaking the condition), whilst left Wild Boar untouched.

Note: Wild Boar and Regis are two cards that effectively deal with Ethereal.
Post automatically merged:

W
It's one of those few cards like Geralt Yrden that alone can make all the difference.
Why didn't your opponent use his leader ability?

Last edited:
Top Bottom