Hotfix for .NET 4-related errors, 0xc0000005, 0xc0000142 etc.

+
You're welcome. You might have read this already but Launcher.exe won't run in any version above 2.0, so just ignore it and go straight to running witcher2.exe. Make sure to run with env WINEDEBUG=-all or console spam will cause the game to lag.

Thanks guys, and I really mean it.

For the free GOG version, to all the free updates and giving us all that stuff when we bought a boxed copy

Mblackwell said:
You're welcome. You might have read this already but Launcher.exe won't run in any version above 2.0, so just ignore it and go straight to running witcher2.exe. Make sure to run with env WINEDEBUG=-all or console spam will cause the game to lag.

Okay. Will do although I think you can set on user.reg the WINEDEBUG flags to remove the errors by default.

Thanks for the help. I installed the GOG version and at first the game wouldn't run. Then I remembered to install the hotfix which did the trick! The intro video is incredibly choppy on my end but the menu ran silky smooth. I haven't started a new game because I have to figure out how to get Polish voices. Played Witcher 1 with Polish voices and English subs and have to play it that way.

Edit: Found it here!
http://en.thewitcher.com/support/#q29

If you post your system specs I can probably help you a bit with settings. Also I noticed what seemed to be some sort of memory leak in anything other than Metacity (so, an uncomposited Window Manager). Performance would degrade over time using GNOME Shell. And don't be afraid to drop resolution a bit. Playing in 1920x1080 is smoother for me than 1920x1200 (and avoids the bug where Dandelion's overview movie ends up with only a black screen). I'm also using Wine 1.5.3 which might make a difference, and in previous versions of the game/Wine I ended up running in 1440x900 to get smooth performance.

I'm a Steam user, and I just bought the game yesterday. Does anyone know how long the update is going to take to be put on Steam? Or if there is anything I can do on my own to start playing?

vonnetaire said:
Yeah, I have the application error something like .000000000147.
Guys, have the same problem with steam version. Error ...0000142 etc. It's written that i shouldn't use that hotfix for steam, so what can i do?

Sadly, another steam user with the issue here... Looks like they're still working on the fix for the people using steam, so if you don't want to wait, download the backup copy from GoG and install that I guess?

Too much easier for me to keep all my games integrated via steam... easier to organize and whatnot... I'll wait, but I'm depressed.. I was *REALLY* looking forward to all the new content... and to see how it differed now that I went back and rebeat witcher 1 so I could copy my save in.

Total bummer, I have a week off before summer classes start, was totally hoping to go troll for a few days and play this. Kinda feels like I threw 50 bucks out the window.

DraconisFarin said:
Sadly, another steam user with the issue here... Looks like they're still working on the fix for the people using steam, so if you don't want to wait, download the backup copy from GoG and install that I guess?
How do you get the product key though? I too have this issue and bought the game from steam, but frankly I don't care about achievements and all that stuff so I wouldn't mind running the game in some other way. Hopefully they'll get a fix out soon though.

PinkTaco22 said:
How do you get the product key though? I too have this issue and bought the game from steam, but frankly I don't care about achievements and all that stuff so I wouldn't mind running the game in some other way. Hopefully they'll get a fix out soon though.

Sadly, you have a valid point. I've been able to easily retrieve the product key for other steam games, but for some reason I cannot find or locate it anywhere for this game... yet another piece of joy... Sigh.

MM360 said:
Steam users can also get backup copies from us, they just need to provide us with a proof of purchase.

If you have a retail copy with no code, you will also be asked for a proof of purchase.

On another thread in this forum...

Top Bottom