Hotfix for PS4 and PS4 Pro is now available!

+

Alicja.

CD PROJEKT RED
Hotfix for PS4 and PS4 Pro is now available!

The new hotfix for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is now available on PS4 and PS4 Pro! This update increases draw distance for foliage, while using 4K on PS4 Pro and applies to both, Vanilla and GOTY versions of the game.

So far the game runs great on the new patch 1.62. There is still some pop in but its not as noticeable as before. And most areas don’t have any. Its a huge improvement over the last patch. Fan noise is also less than before!

One new thing that I noticed is that on the left side of the sceen, there is text saying the amount of damage Geralt is hitting against a monster. And also notes when Geralt picks up an item. (Item recieved: item name) I don’t remember this being in the game. Maybe a bug? However so far the game runs fine with it, so its not a big deal.

Last edited:
TrishKrish;n10946987 said:
One new thing that I noticed is that on the left side of the sceen, there is text saying the amount of damage Geralt is hitting against a monster. And also notes when Geralt picks up an item. (Item recieved: item name)

Sounds like the game's action log.
Maybe you had it disabled, and the patch has somehow reset that setting?

Muffliato;n10947005 said:
Sounds like the game's action log.
Maybe you had it disabled, and the patch has somehow reset that setting?

Thats a feature in the game? I didn’t know that. I enabled all the UI elements today because I haven’t played the game in a while so thats on me. Thanks!

My PS4 says that patch 1.62 was installed but when i start the game the mainmenu still shows version 1.60. Normal? I'm using the GOTY.

I'm having the same problem as cahlers82. It says 1.62 is installed on the OS but in game it says 1.60 and the draw distance is still broken. Mine is not the GOTY edition however, so it's not that.

I've tried proper reset etc as a last attempt I've deleted the full game and re-downloading everything. Disappointing :(

Hostile_18;n10947221 said:
I'm having the same problem as cahlers82. It says 1.62 is installed on the OS but in game it says 1.60 and the draw distance is still broken. Mine is not the GOTY edition however, so it's not that.

I've tried proper reset etc as a last attempt I've deleted the full game and re-downloading everything. Disappointing :(

Do you play on a 4K TV?

The patch (draw distance problem) affects only those with an 4K TV.

Last edited:
Hostile_18;n10947248 said:
I do yes. 4k tv, PS Pro.

I do not have a 4K TV, but in game it does indeed say 1.60

However, in your application folder under information, it's listed as 1.62.

So, the game is running the latest 1.62 patch.

Now, if you think that the draw distance problem hasn't fixed for you (for some particular reason), i advise you to contact CDPR to inform them about that matter.

The sooner the better!

http://en.cdprojektred.com/contact-support/

https://forums.cdprojektred.com/for...96363-sending-ps4-save-files-with-bug-reports

Re-downloading everything worked. Your right about it still saying 1.60 on the main menu. So glad it' finally resolved :)

I read somewhere officially that it's normal you still see 1.60 in the game menu, even with the hotfix installed. Because it's a "hotfix" and not an official new version of the game. So in short, when you install the 1.62 hotfix, it will still read 1.60 on the menu.

So is the draw distance issue fixed? I´m still playing my game on 1.30 patch. Im going to wait for more feedbacks before updating.

Hostile_18;n10947656 said:
Re-downloading everything worked. Your right about it still saying 1.60 on the main menu. So glad it' finally resolved :)

Hope, you enjoy the game...;)

Thank you, only played once through at launch. So got the benefit of all the patches, HDR and upscaled 4k! Thanks for all the help.

Top Bottom