Hotfix for PS4 and PS4 Pro is now available!

+
Hostile_18;n10948340 said:
Thank you, only played once through at launch. So got the benefit of all the patches, HDR and upscaled 4k! Thanks for all the help.

You're welcome. ツ

Noticing a few more frame rate drops than on 1.50. There not common enough to ruin the gameplay experience. And I rather this than the pop in issue. Anyone else noticing this issue?

Ok, i ve installed the hotfix and guess what? Nothing changed related to the draw distance issue... Can someone please explain this company what draw distance is ? Did they ran out of funds cant afford a ps4 pro and a 4k tv? They are testing the patches only on ps4 1080 p ? The devs need glasses ? I dont get it !? I grow tired of them i dont care anymore. Uninstalled the game and gonna sell it. I m done with this company.

Grn85;n10951298 said:
Ok, i ve installed the hotfix and guess what? Nothing changed related to the draw distance issue... Can someone please explain this company what draw distance is ? Did they ran out of funds cant afford a ps4 pro and a 4k tv? They are testing the patches only on ps4 1080 p ? The devs need glasses ? I dont get it !? I grow tired of them i dont care anymore. Uninstalled the game and gonna sell it. I m done with this company.

Well, it seems for others it runs fine.

Can you check starting a new game?

You could backup your existing save files if you want, but as long as you have manual save files and don't override them you should be fine.

If for some particular reason, you get draw distance problems even updating the game to v.1.62, i would contact CDPR support and include that save file in question that seems to be affected.

https://forums.cdprojektred.com/for...96363-sending-ps4-save-files-with-bug-reports

Draw distance isnt *fixed* it is reduced as its stated in the post. Thats why you can still notice its not like it was, pop up still happens but its almost unnoticeable. That is cool as it was more than 6 months since I could play normally and right now I am ok with this because I know its what I am going to get.

Grn85 if you are still having problems it may be due to this ps4 thing when sometimes you really have to undo everything in order for patch to work. That was the case for me in 1.60 but this one worked fine without reinstalling the game...

mark5916 I ve reinstalled the game with no results. Grass and foliage is still poping ahead, this is unaceptable for me i prefer 1.5 but i uninstalled it and gona sell it as i said. I didnt buy a 1500€ tv for ps2 graphics.
skovacevic96 I dont care anymore... im done with cdpr, had enough. 2015 graphics with pop in lmao

Grn85;n10951568 said:
mark5916 I ve reinstalled the game with no results. Grass and foliage is still poping ahead, this is unaceptable for me i prefer 1.5 but i uninstalled it and gona sell it as i said. I didnt buy a 1500€ tv for ps2 graphics.
skovacevic96 I dont care anymore... im done with cdpr, had enough. 2015 graphics with pop in lmao

I don't know man.

I would give a sample (save file) with a particular spot that it does have distanced problems for further analysis to CDPR.

They may have overlooked something.

If that problem still exists, CDPR should be aware of this.

And last but not least, a lot of people will thank you for that. ;)

I think there may be some misconception about how 4K / HDR works:

1.) It's not possible to simply "add the feature". A GPU can only process so much "stuff" at once. If I increase complexity in one area, I need to decrease complexity somewhere else. i.e. If a game is already pushing the performance limit of the hardware at 1080p, then it cannot possibly run the game well at 4K! I need to make up the difference somewhere. Like pulling the draw distance in a bit. That means that the overall game will be really detailed and sharp looking, but I'll never be able to draw each frame quite as far out as I used to. It will always be give-and-take until newer hardware is able to produce better results (the next generation of consoles, or an upgrade for PC). Older "remastered" titles may not experience this because the game's graphics are not demanding enough to impact modern hardware that severely.

2.) Several of these changes will be rather intensive. If the patch seems not to have an effect on the game, or seems to be buggy, it may be that your present installation or save-state has a conflict somewhere. Rebuilding the database and reinstalling the game may fix these things. If the problems persist, try beginning a new game. If the new game (Geralt, Level 1) does not experience any issues...then the issue likely resides in your save-state. :( There may be no other option at this point than simply beginning again.

3.) Not all hardware configs can be accounted for. Even consoles are starting to have some of these issues. Not only variations of hardware, drivers, and software between different models of "PS4", but now all the new things being used in Smart-TVs create a lot of configuration differences that may be adding chaos. I would personally check to ensure that there are no settings between the console and the TV that may be creating issues. Especially things like "Game Mode" options on smart-TVs may help. Other issues have arisen from consoles / TVs having built-in "anti-hacker / anti-virus" features enabled, or HDR settings that are both active and conflict with each other. At still other times, certain models of smart-TVs are so new, that they're simply not compatible with the console features. In short, there's no way to tell until you use a specific combo or hardware, and there are innumerous (literally millions upon millions) of potential combinations.

These are all things to consider if you're seeing an issue. Some of these problems can be discovered and fixed in successive patches. The cause of others may not even be found -- even if someone is actively searching for them. As it stands now, it seems that the major issues have been resolved for the vast majority of players. Please, experiment with your settings and do continue sending in reports if you find something!

Last edited:
SigilFey;n10952141 said:
I think there may be some misconception about how 4K / HDR works:

1.) It's not possible to simply "add the feature". A GPU can only process so much "stuff" at once. If I increase complexity in one are, I need to decrease complexity somewhere else. i.e. If a game is already pushing the performance limit of the hardware at 1080p, then it cannot possibly run the game well at 4K! I need to make up the difference somewhere. Like pulling the draw distance in a bit. That means that the overall game will be really detailed and sharp looking, but I'll never be able to draw each frame quite as far out as I used to.

Now i get it so this is done on purpose... The console is capable of running this game with hdr and 4k without the pop in, i think its about optimization. How about battlefield 1 ? God of war 4 etc. Better graphics as The Witcher 3 and it runs great, no pop in etc. How about adding an option ? HDR on off ? Performance or visual? The game looked really good on 1.5, fps was good playable... The draw distance issue ruined the whole experience for me. I played a bit and the game seem to have more then 30 fps, it has maybe 40 45 so there is room for more quality. ( im not 100 % sure about the fps )

Last edited:
Grn85;n10952237 said:
Now i get it so this is done on purpose... The console is capable of running this game with hdr and 4k without the pop in, i think its about optimization. How about battlefield 1 ? God of war 4 etc. Better graphics as The Witcher 3 and it runs great, no pop in etc. How about adding an option ? HDR on off ? Performance or visual? The game looked really good on 1.5, fps was good playable... The draw distance issue ruined the whole experience for me. I played a bit and the game seem to have more then 30 fps, it has maybe 40 45 so there is room for more quality. ( im not 100 % sure about the fps )

>I played a bit and the game seem to have more then 30 fps, it has maybe 40 45 so there is room for more quality.

Nope, i can ensure you the game doesn't run above 30 fps, regardless if you play on the PS4/PS4 Pro, 1080p or 4K resolution, HDR enabled or not.

Grn85;n10952237 said:

Exactly.

Options? Not sure why there aren't more on consoles, but there must be a reason. It might have to do with the OS or something. Not really sure, but it doesn't seem that more can be added.

Enabling or disabling HDR? Again, not sure. Perhaps there's a way to do that for the global PS4 settings, though? I know that people who don't have an HDR-capable display can still play, so the game does remember how to work without it.

Performance options will be down to deciding whether to run in 1080p or 2K-4K. And that should be as simple as changing the resolution on your TV if there's no option in the game. I think.

FPS will be in proportion to the options you're using. 1080p = Max performance and draw distance, less-crisp geometry and lighting. HDR = Lower FPS in taxing areas, more "vibrant" lighting. 2K-4K = Even lower FPS and requires draw distance / LoD to be pulled in a bit, but geometry will be very crisp.

Caveat:

The above is not the same thing as display errors. There's a difference between seeing decreased LoD and seeing trees popping-in 5 feet ahead of you. Overall lower FPS is not the the same as the game tanking to unplayable levels every time you look left in Novigrad. That's where ye olde Tech Support link comes in. ;)

I just have the hunch some players may believe that the game should look exactly like it did before, but somehow run in 4K resolutions and full HDR at a steady 60 FPS. That's not possible.

Last edited:
SigilFey Thanks for the reply. I ve installed the game again and disabled HDR from ps settings and it makes no difference draw distance is still the same lower then on 1.5 version. By settings i ve meant to have the possibility to bring back the game as it was at 1.5. 4k with no draw distance issues. Some ppl prefer fps over quality, i prefer quality 30 fps is fine for me. Performance mode could be done with low texture /foliage quality low draw distance, no AA AF etc.

mark5916 i was not sure about the fps. but i guess you are right. Try to test the game in toussaint in some forrest, caroberta woods for example. You will see what i mean, trees are transforming ahead of you rocks are poping and some small lag spikes.

Grn85;n10953245 said:
SigilFey Thanks for the reply. I ve installed the game again and disabled HDR from ps settings and it makes no difference draw distance is still the same lower then on 1.5 version. By settings i ve meant to have the possibility to bring back the game as it was at 1.5. 4k with no draw distance issues. Some ppl prefer fps over quality, i prefer quality 30 fps is fine for me. Performance mode could be done with low texture /foliage quality low draw distance, no AA AF etc.

I understand what you mean, but I don't think that's possible, as it was likely the draw distance being so far out that was causing stuff like the fans to try to take off and achieve orbit. Likely a contributor to many of the performance issues people were seeing, too. HDR will have no impact on draw distance. It's simply a way of more accurately blending colors together to avoid "color banding" in certain lighting conditions and create a smoother and more natural looking blend between light and dark areas.

As I stated before, consoles titles tend to be very limited in their options. Not sure why that is, but that is the usual situation. I don't think it's likely that the customization options you're referring to here will be included.

Grn85;n10953254 said:
mark5916 i was not sure about the fps. but i guess you are right. Try to test the game in toussaint in some forrest, caroberta woods for example. You will see what i mean, trees are transforming ahead of you rocks are popping and some small lag spikes.

Yeah I'm not question the problems you have.

Does it happen to the main game as well?

Could it be related to some settings you have tweaked on your TVs settings?

What happens without HDR?

Grn85;n10953914 said:
mark5916 yes its happening, HDR on or off makes no difference to draw distance. I dont see how tv setting can make any difference related to draw distance... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pNqR6ZNmog (i didnt record the video but it looks the same)

Well, it doesn't look that bad actually.

Some users even stated that the game is (almost) unplayable because of this.

But that's not really true.

The only pop-up that i did notice (and worth mentioning) on that video you posted, is this particular spot below.

https://imgur.com/a/hxNCF6H

Last edited:
Hello Alicja.
Finally i get an straight to the point answer ! Thank you, now i know what to expect... This game makes me hate consoles... On pc i can downgrade anytime if i dont like something, on consoles its imposible. I wanted to make the platinum trophy, but i cant play it like this. Its unplayable for me.

mark5916 it is looking bad on a 55 inch tv. You can see more detail. Go to toussaint to the spot that i ve mentioned earlier. For me also its unplayable like this. I prefer 1.5 it was perfect.

Top Bottom