How are all of Silverhand's crew still alive and young in 2077?

+
Silverhand was doing his thing in 2023, this game is set in 2077, that's 54 years later. Most people in Johnny's crew appeared to be in their 20's or 30's in 2033.

That would make them all in their 70's or 80's in 2077, but most of them look in their 40's or so.

I know there is anti-aging stuff in the future, but is it ever stated they used that stuff? There's no other good explanation.

It is only contextually implied, during the conversation with Jackie at the Afterlife and looking at the 150+ year old Saburo Arasaka, that getting old is only a matter of Eddies. When an organ fails, it gets replaced. Few conditions don’t allow for simple organ switching like multiple sclerosis but even this is possible to be treated with nanites. Soo people are basically immortal as long as you reap in heaps of eddies.

It is only contextually implied, during the conversation with Jackie at the Afterlife and looking at the 150+ year old Saburo Arasaka, that getting old is only a matter of Eddies. When an organ fails, it gets replaced. Few conditions don’t allow for simple organ switching like multiple sclerosis but even this is possible to be treated with nanites. Soo people are basically immortal as long as you reap in heaps of eddies.

This! The magic of the mighty eddie knows no bounds :p

I'm guessing the aging process is different in the cyberpunk universe?

Either that, or their universe has way better medical care than ours lol.

I'm guessing the aging process is different in the cyberpunk universe?

Either that, or their universe has way better medical care than ours lol.

The latter...

Or well, better and simultaneously much worse.

The technology has advanced far beyond our own, allowing some people to live (by our standards) unnaturally long lives, but it is highly dependent on how much wealth you possess. It's something that exists only for the 1% that are swimming in eddies and can afford the absolute top of the line in health/medical care.

The latter...

Or well, better and simultaneously much worse.

The technology has advanced far beyond our own, allowing some people to live (by our standards) unnaturally long lives, but it is highly dependent on how much wealth you possess. It's something that exists only for the 1% that are swimming in eddies and can afford the absolute top of the line in health/medical care.
Still seems rather peculiar. I mean, their skin looks relatively youthful, and I don't remember any information from the game that explains their youthful appearance. Cybernetic enhancements are one thing, but preserving natural skin?

I'm really curious about Judy's grandparents. I think she mentioned they're still alive, so I wonder what they look like and what their condition is. Also, Saburo Arasaka is well over a hundred, but he looks pretty old.

Still seems rather peculiar. I mean, their skin looks relatively youthful, and I don't remember any information from the game that explains their youthful appearance. Cybernetic enhancements are one thing, but preserving natural skin?

I'm really curious about Judy's grandparents. I think she mentioned they're still alive, so I wonder what they look like and what their condition is. Also, Saburo Arasaka is well over a hundred, but he looks pretty old.
I wouldn't apply too much common sense into the universe cyberpunk revolves in.

It's simply thriving with tech that is pretty much god tier compared to ours. Skinflattening and other cosmetical or even bio-chemical procedures that keep the cycle in which you renew yourself(I actually dont have a single clue how to call it but I hope it makes a bit of sense) intact, or make you look like you're still in your early to mid 20's make sense in such an advanced environment.

I would assume that Saburo is simply driven by pride and ethical motives that make him not wanting any treatment that changes his apperance.
Edit: There can be speculated as much as someone wants without any fact, so I won't hold anything I said above as true or whatever btw.

I wouldn't apply too much common sense into the universe cyberpunk revolves in.

It's simply thriving with tech that is pretty much god tier compared to ours. Skinflattening and other cosmetical or even bio-chemical procedures that keep the cycle in which you renew yourself(I actually dont have a single clue how to call it but I hope it makes a bit of sense) intact, or make you look like you're still in your early to mid 20's make sense in such an advanced environment.
I think you're probably right.

Let's just say their society is a lot more advanced than ours lol.

How old was johnny when he blue up the towers?
... its only like 50 years difference right? wasnt it 2012 or 2020?

Silverhand was doing his thing in 2023, this game is set in 2077, that's 54 years later. Most people in Johnny's crew appeared to be in their 20's or 30's in 2033.

That would make them all in their 70's or 80's in 2077, but most of them look in their 40's or so.
What do you mean "most of them"? Santiago died in the tower and does not appear in Night City. I haven't encountered Thompson either. The only person from Johnny's crew you meet is Rogue. And she does not look the same as she does in Johnny's flashbacks. She does look older.
As people pointed out - if you have enough eddies and don't get killed on the streets, you can live a looong life. Since Rogue became one of the best fixers in town she definitely got enough eddies.

You meet Rogue and also the other members of the band (Kerry, Denny, etc.) None of them look old at all. They look in their 40's or maybe 50's.

I assumed they used the anti-aging technology of that era, but the game should have made a point to spell that out, otherwise the timeline just doesn't jive. Once you notice the gap is 54 years it doesn't make any sense that all of Johny's peers are walking around without aging much at all.

Last edited:
You meet Rogue and also the other members of the band (Kerry, Denny, etc.) None of them look old at all. They look in their 40's or maybe 50's.

I assumed they used the anti-aging technology of that era, but the game should have made a point to spell that out, otherwise the timeline just doesn't jive. Once you notice the gap is 54 years it doesn't make any sense that all of Johny's peers are walking around without aging much at all.

There are several occasions were various techs are mentioned. For one it's simply cyberware (to rejuvante your appearance, not a expert on CP lore - but i guess synthskin?), but also nanite tech to prolong lifetime. iirc it's mentioned by Doc Paradox on the TV (while talking about the Relic). And it's also mentioned by V himself/herself in one of the Johnny Sidequests:

When you are talking to the old Samurai Fan, who's selling merchandise, he's perplex that you were present in Samurai's first gig. V himself/herself mentions that she used those techs to change his/her appearance.

These techs are pretty much very well known to anyone in the cyberpunk universe but just limited to the wealthier people (and Kerry and Rogue are quite wealthy). And yet they both are older than their younger counterparts - just not the way you'd expect from our point of view.

The characters themself do know about this options, it's just the players who lacks the knowledge.

Future cyber magic. I thought it was obvious. Skin transplant, health improvment, skeleton\body parts replacemets, etc.
And they actually DO look older. But if u have enough money, your life expectancy can be upped for quite a lot.

Last edited:
It's talked about off handily in random conversations that being old in the Cyberpunk world doesn't mean much, face aging? no problem replace it. Arse, tits, and cock all looking saggy? No problem get the new cyberdong prime shipped to your nearest ripperdoc. As long as you've got the cash aging isn't a particular problem in the cyberpunk world.

Top Bottom