How are all of Silverhand's crew still alive and young in 2077?

+
It's the visual style they chose. And I guess mods. If you look at the in game database and look at Rouge, she looks noticeably older in that pic.

With Trauma Team Platinum, Trauma sweeps in the second a wrinkle appears and does on the spot plastic surgery, and you bet your ass Rouge has platinum.

Still seems rather peculiar. I mean, their skin looks relatively youthful, and I don't remember any information from the game that explains their youthful appearance. Cybernetic enhancements are one thing, but preserving natural skin?

I'm really curious about Judy's grandparents. I think she mentioned they're still alive, so I wonder what they look like and what their condition is. Also, Saburo Arasaka is well over a hundred, but he looks pretty old.

Saburo Arasaka was already an old man when the medical advancements came about.

He is a World War Two veteran, so by the time there is a wave of technical breakthroughs (and a descent into a dystopian future) he was already elderly.

The Cyberpunk timeline doesn't start to diverge from our own until the 1980s.

Or at least that is my take on why he looks ancient but Kerry does not.

Still seems rather peculiar. I mean, their skin looks relatively youthful, and I don't remember any information from the game that explains their youthful appearance. Cybernetic enhancements are one thing, but preserving natural skin?

I'm really curious about Judy's grandparents. I think she mentioned they're still alive, so I wonder what they look like and what their condition is. Also, Saburo Arasaka is well over a hundred, but he looks pretty old.

Of all the things, this game , written in 1980s or so, with nanites and whatnot and everything being synthetic, including a smart AI vending machine, (Brendan), it really isn't so hard to imagine that many of our biological clocks (I think these days we account for about 27 of them), that they have ways of introducing special chemicals and other technologies to help suppress the decay in cell regeneration , including but not limited to skin. (Just assume stem-cells and be done with it).

This is literally a highly reserached field in biotech currently, finding ways to slow down, hinder, or in any form affect the internal clocks in biological organisms. It's a battle vs. enthalpy and entropy. Basically imagine aerodynamic's Navier Stoke equations and with controlling bio-molecular movement in such a way one could renew / maintain cell replication beyond the natural drop off point. It's these kinda things we see in 2077 and trust me, choom, you're gonna need eddies!

This isn't a game about realism , it's a RPG, you APPLY imagination to it. Neuromancer in its time was just as immersive as this, and no more nor less realistic than this game. aka none if you literally are gonne be pednatic :p Graphically wise though, 1 byte graphics vs. Red engine hmmmmmm.

THe reason this game and it's been so hard for them to deliver what they TRULY WANTED is because every increase in graphical detail, introduces far more tesselations. and each movement requires a re-computation of each pixel. This is why games are so GPU bound vs cpu bound. Make us 2d flat sticks again on current gear and it's like we live in the year 410 000 ,)

again, realism, all these supra things but yet all the fixers and so on are using mobile phones? and the cars still have pedals and all that.. you know, Mad max as someone said, the point isn't to make a potential documentary but create an ambience, in this case a dystopian one.

And just as most of us who played the paper version, we tended to end up on massacres lmao. NGL... same thing here with all the poor ganstah choomas going down to vigilance.

Last edited:
As someone said above, if you have money, you can stay looking young and live for a very long time. The only question really is Henry though. He was in rehab and never really cleaned up. I doubt he has the money, or even willing to spend the money, to keep looking young.

Probably gene based anti-aging tech.

This is a common trope in the cyberpunk genre.

the artbooks says Kerry had his cells rejuvenated many times. So I guess it's that. Not really a problem in Cyberpunk lore, really.
Also, he looks younger than Rogue imo, so he probaly has even better doctors than she has. Not sure where that one bum from Samurai you can toss out during Kerry's quest found the eddies for the treatment, since he doesn't seem rich or succesful.

Silverhand was doing his thing in 2023, this game is set in 2077, that's 54 years later. Most people in Johnny's crew appeared to be in their 20's or 30's in 2033.

That would make them all in their 70's or 80's in 2077, but most of them look in their 40's or so.

I know there is anti-aging stuff in the future, but is it ever stated they used that stuff? There's no other good explanation.
Don't u remember? it is cyberworld u can look whatever you like get whole chrome body even face :D 😁

Well it was told by lore pretty clear that medicine and tech allow people to stop aging if they are wealthy enough to pay for it, and most people just don't have money for such procedures.

Rouge and Kerry are rich so they look good, especially Kerry, being the media person requires good looking.

Nancy looks much worse then them, for example

Um.

Have you seen Dolly Parton in real life?

Now imagine what she could do if she had all that tech from the game. 0_o

And Rogue looking like she is in her 40s?!!? LOL!

60s? Sure. 40s?!? No. Just no.

That may not be their real skin, but RealSkin, artificial skin, or even lab grown skin. Also medical tech has advanced a great deal for the rich, including nanotech so it may be their real skin. Judy's grandparents aren't rich so they most likely look old.

Top Bottom