How are all of Silverhand's crew still alive and young in 2077?

+
Silverhand was doing his thing in 2023, this game is set in 2077, that's 54 years later. Most people in Johnny's crew appeared to be in their 20's or 30's in 2033.

That would make them all in their 70's or 80's in 2077, but most of them look in their 40's or so.

I know there is anti-aging stuff in the future, but is it ever stated they used that stuff? There's no other good explanation.
cyber implants like Saburo Arasaka (he has 180 years)

Didn't V actually say something to the cop downstairs, when he mentioned "Henry" had died of old age...V replied like, "Dying of old age in Night City, he should have gotten a medal or something."

And I don't know if its fair to the ladies but, Rogue and Nancy (especially Nancy) showed their age, Denny...not so much for her. But Kerry, he was just about as bad as Rouge in the gray hair and wrinkles department...imho at least. ;)

I just figured that in this kind of future rich people could basically live forever, or a lot more years
and if you did the Arasaka ending, it's pretty much confirmed with what happened to Yorinobu and Saburo

Still seems rather peculiar. I mean, their skin looks relatively youthful, and I don't remember any information from the game that explains their youthful appearance. Cybernetic enhancements are one thing, but preserving natural skin?

I'm really curious about Judy's grandparents. I think she mentioned they're still alive, so I wonder what they look like and what their condition is. Also, Saburo Arasaka is well over a hundred, but he looks pretty old.

I think Saburo looks so old because of when he was born. He's over 150 years old so he was born at least in the 1920's (maybe even earlier, I don't know his exact age). If the anti aging tech started coming out post-2000 he would've already been 70+ years old, and it's safe to assume that the earliest forms of the tech weren't as good as it is in 2077. He would've already looked like a pretty old man to begin with as that tech starting coming of age. The in-game lore talks about him spending a lot of time in a medical sarcophagus just to keep himself functional, and it's a miracle he's even still alive really.

All of the reasonable in-game answers aside it likely reflects the fact that the game's story was re-written late in it's development cycle. In one of the trailers you can hear on the radio talking about Silverhand dying last year. So... I'm guessing the 50 year jump was added later in development and because of the rushed launch they didn't get around to addressing the change completely? :shrug:

All that means that in Cyberpunk world degenerative brain diseases can be cured or at least halted enough to make an individual live for 100+ years.

So V could be saved from the relic messing with brain tissues and live more than 6 months right ?

:shrug:

Well, you heard all the speculations and game world potential explanations. Now for the hard truth, Johhny was supposed to die in 2076 before script has been changed for a celebrity. Why they put him in early 2000's, beats me.

I know there is anti-aging stuff in the future, but is it ever stated they used that stuff? There's no other good explanation.
It's called "rich people healthcare". There's a reason why Saburo reached 158 years of age.
Post automatically merged:

All that means that in Cyberpunk world degenerative brain diseases can be cured or at least halted enough to make an individual live for 100+ years.

So V could be saved from the relic messing with brain tissues and live more than 6 months right ?

:shrug:
Fun fact, there's an in-game news segment about a cure for MS by the BioDyne Systems corporation, which works by injecting nanites into the spinal cord to repair the neural tissue damage caused by the disease. There is strong evidence that MS is an autoimmune disease and that the cause of the neural damage is the body's own immune system attacking the brain's tissue. If that sounds familiar, you're right, because that's basically how Alt describes the reason why V will die if they take back their own body instead of giving it to Johnny.

What if V was able to get their hands on the BioDyne Systems cure? Sounds to me like it could reverse the damage caused by the body-engram schism post-Mikoshi.

Last edited:
Because you can swap out every part of your body except your brain. A lot of people in the game are wearing faceplates, for example. Kerry and Rogue likely had identical faceplates made to keep them looking young.

Silverhand was doing his thing in 2023, this game is set in 2077, that's 54 years later. Most people in Johnny's crew appeared to be in their 20's or 30's in 2033.

That would make them all in their 70's or 80's in 2077, but most of them look in their 40's or so.

they are all old, the ones that survived and are well off. you can extend life if you are rich 150 is the new 100. They actually choose to appear to be in their forties, they could replace their skin

It's called "rich people healthcare". There's a reason why Saburo reached 158 years of age.

Fun fact, there's an in-game news segment about a cure for MS by the BioDyne Systems corporation, which works by injecting nanites into the spinal cord to repair the neural tissue damage caused by the disease. There is strong evidence that MS is an autoimmune disease and that the cause of the neural damage is the body's own immune system attacking the brain's tissue. If that sounds familiar, you're right, because that's basically how Alt describes the reason why V will die if they take back their own body instead of giving it to Johnny.

What if V was able to get their hands on the BioDyne Systems cure? Sounds to me like it could reverse the damage caused by the body-engram schism post-Mikoshi.

I think they said it was super expensive, and needed repeated treatments, I think 7 mil per time frame? But yeah biotechnica or biodyne sound like they may have relevant technology

I think they said it was super expensive, and needed repeated treatments, I think 7 mil per time frame? But yeah biotechnica or biodyne sound like they may have relevant technology
700,000 eddies per month. So yeah, insanely expensive... but free if you klep it. BioDyne Aldecaldos heist when?

Honestly, the only one I'm surprised being still alive is Henry. It feels like that dude would've died a long time ago, rich or not.

Dr. McCoy : "Who knows? It might eventually cure the common cold, but lengthen lives? Poppycock! I can do more for you if you just eat right and exercise regularly".

It is obvious, remember that almost all the dinner animals died! They are all eating perfectly balance nutritionally engineered "food" now! :p

Interesting to note that Dr. McCoy outlive the entire bridge crew even Spock If I remember correctly. And Scotty cheated...

They only seem young because they're filthy rich and can afford the 1%er rich people Healthcare. they're all like 85ish mid 80s something like that.

Top Bottom