How big?

+
So did it really end up being 20 times bigger than Skyrim?

20? they said 20% but i would said thats not really true anymore... and by that i mean its bigger. some sites even said its 3-4 times bigger then skyrim but i dont know if i can believe its that big :D

Not random - designed by hand, each and every one of them, and there will be a lot indeed. I bet you'll be pleased ;)

None of the caves or dungeons in either game (the witcher 3/Skyrim) are random, but they aren't easy to find. Unless you buy maps and such for important item locations...

The final number seems to be at least 3.5x times the size of Skyrim and 50% bigger than GTAV. I say at least because that number doesn't take into account for White Orchard, Kaer Morhen, and other spin-off zones.
Source: http://www.nextpowerup.com/news/206...ize-is-at-least-3-5-times-larger-than-skyrim/

That 20% larger than Skyrim number that news sites tout around seems to be an early estimate. I know they said the world ended up being 4 times larger than what they initially planned.

The way I understand it as well, is in most cases, we're talking just strictly land mass. I think we occasionally lose site of the three dimensionality of this world as well-- the diving, deep cave systems, interior building/structures. Its all pretty fascinating.

20 times bigger? this guy :huh:
but anyway what phinnway said. To put into further comparison, it's not as big as Just Cause 2. The original calculation was like 35 times bigger than witcher 2 but now it is looking more like 60x at this point with all the additions they've made

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFfTSs2309k
Here's a Youtube video that shows off the scale very well.
Before comparing it to Skyrim, consider that the horse moves leagues faster than the ones in Skyrim, the red dot is enlarged so it's easier for viewers to track, and that there are 3 other maps(I think) that we don't know the exact layout or size of.
As for your question about the size of the other city, based off of what I've seen it's a LOT bigger than I thought it would be based off of the map. It's got a beautiful bridge leading into it too.
https://youtu.be/_XXOofl2cXE?t=17m24s
There's a video of it. In case the link doesn't work properly, check out 17:20

Size isn't important its how you use it. No pun intended okay it was a little intended. The size of the game's land mass isn't as important as how it utilized. What is there to do in said landmass? What is the feel of the world while in it? Does it entertain? i have played so pretty vast old school rpgs that were just boring and smaller ones that were just addictive. i will always take the addictive over the boring regardless of size.

I am in no way implying the the Witcher 3 failed to make a good game I am only saying how big it is really isn't as important as some people are making it.

Size isn't important its how you use it. No pun intended okay it was a little intended. The size of the game's land mass isn't as important as how it utilized. What is there to do in said landmass? What is the feel of the world while in it? Does it entertain? i have played so pretty vast old school rpgs that were just boring and smaller ones that were just addictive. i will always take the addictive over the boring regardless of size.

I am in no way implying the the Witcher 3 failed to make a good game I am only saying how big it is really isn't as important as some people are making it.
I for one agree. However, its exciting to have our cake and eat it too considering so many hands-on-youtubers and reviewers have praised the CONTENT of the large world we're about to dive into. We'll find out if that is in fact true in due time.

Top Bottom