How can I get the Witcher 3 original game that's version 0.2 or anything before 0.7!?

+
How can I get the Witcher 3 original game that's version 0.2 or anything before 0.7!?

I just want to continue playing the game that felt best for me before patches changed the core of movement of Geralt for the Joystiq.

So I'm quite dissapointed that I paid for GOG version and I am unable to download anything lower than like version 1.0 something...

There must be some way to play the early version of the game that I did for so many weeks before they screwd it up for me.

Any tips?

sv3672

Forum veteran
The first released version of the game was 1.01. Did you mean pre-1.07 ? That is when the alternate movement mode was introduced, but it is optional, you can still use the original if you prefer that (in my opinion, the alternate mode is better with keyboard and mouse).

iCake

Forum veteran
I think you have 4 options:

1) Getting the physical game disk and never updating what you got after installing it
2) Searching the internet for patch files of desired version.
3) Searching game files of wanted build on web-sites of questionable repute
4) Forgetting this whole idea and enjoing the game in its latest version...

Anyway, maybe try finding a mod that'll bring back whatever the heck you're trying to be in your game. The saves created on a later build won't work on the earlier ones anyway.

Thanks for the advices!

I just forgot about GOG Galaxy, never used it... is there a roll back service there? Like you can roll back to patch 1.06?

Go to your The Witcher 3 directory and create a folder named Mods. Then create in it another folder named mod<whatever you want>, for example modSlowWalk, then some more folders, each within the previous, so it would look like this:

The Witcher 3\Mods\modSlowWalk\content\scripts\game\player

After that, go to The Witcher 3\content\content0\scripts\game\player and copy the file named player.ws to player folder in the path above. Open it with Notepad/Wordapd, find the default inputModuleNeededToRun = line. Change it to -10 and save.

You're welcome and you can do this every time a patch brings changes to the scripting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, but I found someone that let me borrow the pshyical disk and she had the patch 1.02 ..

So I'm finally playing the game as I was used to .. Feels good! :D

And weirdly, the graphics seem better, I don't have details fading out and in from far.

I think you may be disappointed to find that your game will play exactly the same in an older version than it does in the latest version. There is definitely no change in the core mechanics. Only improvements.
The benefits of playing the latest version of the game heavily outweighs any perceived benefits you think you will get from playing an old version.
Also, I suspect none of the DLC or expansions will work.

Top Bottom