How come I can't login with firefox?

+

How come I cannot login on firefox but \I can with POS Explorer which I cannot stand? Is there a setting in firefox that will allow me to login, it knows my PW the part that pops up with the GOG logo is where it won't work.

Firefox 41.0.2 here ... about to update to 42.0 ... works fine.

Updated to 42.0 ... still works fine.

Same here. I refuse to use Chrome, and currently sitting here from the latest MS Edge. From mozilla it just shows my login info already in place, my nick, e-mail, everything set up, but when logging in it just refreshes and doesn't do anything, remains the same before I licked log-in.

I can't log in from Mozilla at all here, works everywhere else fine, but not here. Tried multiple options, no results. Cleared cache and other stuff with CCleaner, still nothing.

I have customized security settings and thus, I have no idea which should I switch off or change for this to work, I am not even sure if this is related to it at all or something mozilla related in general, and I wont re-install it because of it. Almost a year ago I installed new win and everything from a new because I did a fresh ground up build. I couldn't log-in here from Mozilla even before. I remember I once could, but it was long time ago, measured in years.

I can log in from mozilla if I restart it in safe mode, but then it completely removes everything necessary for my daily browsing.

UPDATE: I found a culprit... I have to constantly turn off my AdGuard extension when I want to log in the forum on cdpr page, even if I whitelisted CDPR every page it still didn't allowed until I went and disabled it through extensions, since turning it off doesn't work either through the icon, it has to be through extensions.

Last edited:

Vattier

CD PROJEKT RED
The most common cause for login problems are disabled third party cookies.

If your browser is set to reject those, the login process cannot be completed - we use GOG accounts, so in order to hold the session a gog.com cookie has to be used. It is our sister company, but since it has a different domain, browsers will consider it a third party.

Maybe your AdGuard is doing just that? Blocking gog cookies? Try whitelisting GOG as well and check if that helps :)

The most common cause for login problems are disabled third party cookies.

If your browser is set to reject those, the login process cannot be completed - we use GOG accounts, so in order to hold the session a gog.com cookie has to be used. It is our sister company, but since it has a different domain, browsers will consider it a third party.

Maybe your AdGuard is doing just that? Blocking gog cookies? Try whitelisting GOG as well and check if that helps :)

The issue is that on gog.com I have logged in, and I have read that it's the same for others who report these problems, but it is not allowing to log in the cdpr homepage, even if accounts are tied together. And cookies are not being rejected either. I specifically tried the mozilla option security settings where I switched to Balanced and to Custom, in Custom I have Cookies blocked for cross-site and social media trackers Basically I have checked every other box it presents, except Tracking Content is set for private windows only, meaning Incognito mode, if I understand it correctly myself.

For some who don't use extensions or addons, probably the cookie blocking might be the answer, but not for me, since with the security settings I have, the only way to be able to log in is if I do what I wrote before.

The issue is that on gog.com I have logged in, and I have read that it's the same for others who report these problems, but it is not allowing to log in the cdpr homepage, even if accounts are tied together. And cookies are not being rejected either. I specifically tried the mozilla option security settings where I switched to Balanced and to Custom, in Custom I have Cookies blocked for cross-site and social media trackers Basically I have checked every other box it presents, except Tracking Content is set for private windows only, meaning Incognito mode, if I understand it correctly myself.

For some who don't use extensions or addons, probably the cookie blocking might be the answer, but not for me, since with the security settings I have, the only way to be able to log in is if I do what I wrote before.

This seems to happen from time to time. It's almost always something about the user-end installation / settings of the browser in question. And it happens both ways. I originally switched from Chrome to Firefox for exactly the same reason.

How come I cannot login on firefox but \I can with POS Explorer which I cannot stand? Is there a setting in firefox that will allow me to login, it knows my PW the part that pops up with the GOG logo is where it won't work.
i used to love firefox but i think the big corps are crapping on firefox i use google chrome windows explorer is awful

Top Bottom