How come you can't see what the order of your cards is in your deck?

+
I'm not sure if you're allowed to just check out your deck in physical versions of these games. If you could, you would be able to see what your top 3 cards are in the deck. Why can't you do that online? If you can't look at your deck in a physical game, why allow something like it online?

Lexor

Forum veteran
I do not know any card game where you are allowed to inspect the order of the cards in your draw pile.

Last edited:
I do not know any card game where you are allowed to inspect the order of the cards in your draw pile.

Yet the online version of GWENT allows you to inspect your draw pile. You just don't get to see what order your cards are in. I don't see the point of that, really. I.e. what's the point of being able to inspect your unordered draw pile?

Lexor

Forum veteran
Yet the online version of GWENT allows you to inspect your draw pile.
No, I said: "to inspect THE ORDER of the cards in your draw pile".

Inspecting the cards in random order is something different and it's harmless. It's just QOL.

There is at least one card (one of the witchers from WotW) that allows you to look at your deck in order. It's a Gold card for a reason; knowing the order of cards in the deck is a potentially huge advantage, and very different from simply knowing what cards are in the deck.

The goddamn point of a card game is that you don't know what you will drawn next lmao. The game allows you to check what cards you have left just as a quality of life bonus so you don't have to think much of what you have left in your deck. Which I welcome since you have a time limit on your turns and we usually change cards often.
And a physical version of Gwent could never work (in the way that the virtual one does) unless you have a 3rd person to act as an impartial generator of random numbers which this game so much relies on. :p Also to keep track of the score since there's so many numbers changing all the time... too much of a hustle without a CPU doing all that for us.

The goddamn point of a card game is that you don't know what you will drawn next lmao. The game allows you to check what cards you have left just as a quality of life bonus so you don't have to think much of what you have left in your deck. Which I welcome since you have a time limit on your turns and we usually change cards often.
And a physical version of Gwent could never work (in the way that the virtual one does) unless you have a 3rd person to act as an impartial generator of random numbers which this game so much relies on. :p Also to keep track of the score since there's so many numbers changing all the time... too much of a hustle without a CPU doing all that for us.

It's a pity that the actual physical version of GWENT isn't available any more. That was a limited time offer or something, wasn't it? If "quality of life" is so important, why not allow a neutral person to look at your physical version of the deck during games and tell you what cards are in it, in random order, of course?

Personally, I don't even much look at my online deck, so it's a 'quality of life' feature which I wouldn't miss if CDPR removed it.

What I do think would be reasonable as far as being able to look at your deck would be to show you only what the cards have told you. A memory prompt, in other words. E.g. if your opponent swaps the top card of their deck with yours, your online deck should reveal that card. Or when you play a card which allows you to see your top 3 cards. That would be a useful QOL feature, I think, because my memory is appalling.

When I played MTG online on my console years ago, I think that it was possible to have someone rack up scores in the thousands of points in a round. You would hope that the physical version of the game didn't allow that to happen as that would be a mind-numbing way to 'entertain' yourself, counting points. About as much fun as an internal examination at an airport, in public view. I imagine.

It's a pity that the actual physical version of GWENT isn't available any more. That was a limited time offer or something, wasn't it?
Ay, limited-edition physical Gwent decks were released with The Witcher III's expansions: Hearts of Stone, and Blood and Wine. They were enthusiastically received.

Top Bottom