How did the opponent steal my Gernichora's Fruit?

+
I can't figure out how this was possible. I was playing monsters with and other guy also monsters. The image attached is straight after he stole my fruits of ysirth (highlighted). I can't figure out how he stole it, he played a card then it just moved. I had to double check I wasn't in seasonal model, let me re-iterate that, I was in CLASSIC MODE. Can anyone tell me how we would have stolen it, or is this a bug?
IMG_0095.PNG

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't figure out how this was possible. I was playing monsters with and other guy also monsters. The image attached is straight after he stole my fruits of ysirth (highlighted). I can't figure out how he stole it, he played a card then it just moved. I had to double check I wasn't in seasonal model, let me re-iterate that, I was in CLASSIC MODE. Can anyone tell me how we would have stolen it, or is this a bug?
View attachment 11030615
Maybe your opponent played Miruna and then the Barghest consumed her.

Payus

Forum regular
the opponnet has 2 fruits, one at 6, so it has to be that he earlier played Miruna and used his leader ability on it(death shadow) destroying it, getting your 4 point fruit then played Bargest and consumed it later when your new fruit was at 4? You must have seen the first yoink I'm sure.

the opponnet has 2 fruits, one at 6, so it has to be that he earlier played Miruna and used his leader ability on it(death shadow) destroying it, getting your 4 point fruit then played Bargest and consumed it later when your new fruit was at 4? You must have seen the first yoink I'm sure.
This must be the right answer. I did not notice the other fruit. :beer:

yes you are right about miruna and deaths shadow taking my first fruit but then on my turn i killed miruna cause i knew on his turn turn he would consume her. so i don't know how he got the 2nd fruit. that bhargest was played earlier in the round.

DRK3

Forum veteran
yes you are right about miruna and deaths shadow taking my first fruit but then on my turn i killed miruna cause i knew on his turn turn he would consume her. so i don't know how he got the 2nd fruit. that bhargest was played earlier in the round.

Killing Miruna yourself will also trigger her deathwish effect.

That's the concept of deathwish - when the unit dies, its effect triggers. The only situations where it wont trigger is if the unit is locked or if it is banished.

Payus

Forum regular

Killing Miruna yourself will also trigger her deathwish effect.

That's the concept of deathwish - when the unit dies, its effect triggers. The only situations where it wont trigger is if the unit is locked or if it is banished.

Looks like we solved the riddle :)

As DRK3 points out, deathwish effect will resolve once the deathwish unit is destroyed by any mean(damage, being consumed, weather, etc).
There's a couple of notable exceptions.

You can banish it with Korathi Heatwave wich will not trigger deathwish.
You can use Northern wind( the 5prov card that on deathblow it banishes the unit that was damaged. Since this card deals 4 damage, it will always banish a non boosted Miruna(same with rotfiend, fogglet, harpy egg, etc.)
If locked, the effect will also not work. Killing a locked Miruna is like killing any other unit, it won't proc it's deathwish.

Top Bottom