How did you find out about The Witcher game?

+
Nazgulek said:
I guess it was in 2003.... in some Polish game magazin. Which one - don't remember. But I do remember seeing one or two locations from the game and the information about the main hero - in that time not Geralt. Thank God they changed it ;)
Maybe it was CD-Action?...:) Anyway, this it the magazine from which I found out about The Witcher game

I chose Bioware here, although I'm not sure where exactly I heard about TW in the first place - it was some gaming magazine's website I think.But still, I check the Bioware forums daily, NWN2 sort of disappointed me so I was open for something new, and Bioware was so kind to add those advertisements for TW everywhere on their site. When I saw it on the title of a game magazine, I bought the zine (I normally don't, but was bored), read about the game and it sounded very good. And the day it went public I happened to come across another game site, saw the release date and thought I should go on a little walk anyway, so why not check the next game shop... Glad I did.

I first heard about this game in a thread on the un-offical patch message boards forVampire: the Masquerade-Bloodlines, it was a thread asking about if there were any other similarly mature games.

On my Warhammer Online fansite that I am a member of, a player brought up this game in the General Gameplay forum... I clicked the link and got some screen shots and thought the game looked pretty good!And here I am now. ;)The website was www.only-war.com by the way. :p

Was looking for a new game to play. Found the witcher's review on gamespot and instantly like it :)

It came to my attention through work ;D about one year ago when I got a couple of coming rpgs and mmos on my desk and was told to check them out for further news. I didn't take much consideration to realise that The Witcher enhanced from other forthcoming games

Advertisement on BioWare's forums. Took a closer look and was intrigued. Decided to buy the game as soon as it came out and haven't regretted one penny of the purchase price. Excellent, excellent game.

My attention was brought to The witcher by my french usual PC magazine, Joystick, a long time ago. It was a small report of the project, probably after a game convention. I found the idea attractive and searched for the project site. I had a look at it regulary, read all the news about it in my mag and even bought a Sapowsky book to have an idea about the author original gameworld flavour.

I h adbeaten Bioshock, so I was on GameFaqs looking for new games to download.I didn't feel like messing with the 1:1 copies, so I decided to just buy it. Doesn't mean Tages is going to stop me from making a perfect copy, though, seeing as how it's possible, and I'm not going to be scratching my disk.

Hi allIt's a funny story or rather no story because I simply don't remember that..And If I think about the possible source I have not even one guess - I just don't follow any game websites or game related sites at all....Although I am a Pole I have never read any Sapkowski's book and I have never played The Witcher game...My laptop just can't handle the game requirements...So I am just a passive fan with no right to express my own opinion, because it's based on other people ones...Any way I have been tracking the game developement since middle of 2006 and I became very excited about it...I remember the first Witcher forum then the 2nd and this one is a third one as far as I know...At the beginning atmosphere was a bit better...Just a few regular forum users but they made the great forum atmosphere at that time...I was always there reading post only...Game became more popular...A lot of young gamers joined to witcher community...I have always felt that the forum users and early game fans put theit own contribution to make the game the way it is...I would like to congratulate to all the people who make the Witcher game plan real...I know that I will play the game some day and I will share my expressions then... ;)

a friend told me about...got me curious about it so I went around the web looking for info et review...bought it and...loved it! trully :)now trying to convince other friends to give it a try too

My cousin received The Witcher DVD on her birthday, showed it to me, and we started playing together - which means I'm playing while she's sitting beside me making comments ;D

I had not heard of this game. I saw it on the shelf at the store and although I wasn't looking to but a game, after looking ot over and saw Atari and Bioware, I bought it, because of my experience with Neverwinter Night. costie65

I read some previews about it and saw the ce on my favourite shopping site so I just bought it and hoped it wouldnt be as bad as hellgate is And I was extremely happy to see it being far better then I hoped.

My brother borrow it from a friend at Thursday we loved it and game was bought on Friday , we are game collectors and for sure TW deserves a place in our collection. (I saw a "collectors" edition of TW but the box was too big for my handbag and i was already hands full , maybe next time)

Ironic thing is the friend who suggested it (he posted some screenshots in our clan forum) has no taste whatsoever. He said it was like Oblivion.I checked it out regardless (I always "try before I buy" with games) and it's one of the first games I've actually spent money on in a long long time.

Top Bottom