How Do I Download Witcher 3 That I Already Own?

+
I originally bought Witcher 3 on DVDs. I've left a note to myself on the case: "Do NOT install from disks. Go to GOG.com and download client!"

I just went around in circles here for a half-hour and can't find a way to get my game back. Can you point me to the correct URL?
Post automatically merged:

GOG_Galaxy_2.0.exe is the needed file; I guess that's what I meant by "client". So far, I've not found this forum helpful, and the GOG sites generally seem hard to navigate.

The next problem is getting the DLC, I think. Does that come automatically with the GOG client install routine or do I have to DL those things individually? Guess I won't wait for an answer here!

Last edited:
Hey there,

In case you'd still like some help, once you've installed Galaxy, and logged in, you should see on the left-hand side, under 'GAMES', 'Owned games'. Click the latter, and then the large + (plus symbol) between 'Filter' and 'Search'. The 'Redeem code' box will pop up. Enter the game code, which may be found on the back of The Witcher III's DVD Game Manual. This will add the game to your library, and allow to download and install.

As for the 16 free DLCs, you should find the download pack under 'Extras', near the bottom of the list.

THANKS for taking time to help me!

I had no idea there were 16 DLCs available. The version I downloaded had the two I already knew about. Now I know where to look for the rest.

No disrespect to the devs, who pulled off a genius RPG in Witcher III, but I wish they'd find a programmer with superior skills to make this whole site more user-friendly. It might help sales, too. :)

THANKS for taking time to help me!
You're welcome. I hope you have a good game.
I wish they'd find a programmer with superior skills to make this whole site more user-friendly. It might help sales, too.
I'm sorry for inconveniences. What specific features would you wish to see added or changed? I can't personally promise anything, but the feedback may be appreciated.

I think dark-themed sites are not what we need in this season of plague, but that's a matter of taste.

The more annoying problem was that I searched all the tabs at the top of the page without finding anything that led to my owned games so I could download. I also couldn't find a FAQ or other topic that obviously answered my question. This included looking hard at the "Support" tab.

I think my main problem is that the answer I was looking for lay within another domain (gog-statics.com) and there was no obvious link from your domain to theirs. Maybe a more obvious FAQ for newbies would help.

The more annoying problem was that I searched all the tabs at the top of the page without finding anything that led to my owned games so I could download. I also couldn't find a FAQ or other topic that obviously answered my question. This included looking hard at the "Support" tab.

I think my main problem is that the answer I was looking for lay within another domain (gog-statics.com) and there was no obvious link from your domain to theirs. Maybe a more obvious FAQ for newbies would help.
Thanks for the feedback! I see where this could cause confusion. Yes, although the Forums are linked to GOG.com's system, the game distribution service is mostly separate from our pages, since GOG offers far more games than just those developed by CD PROJEKT RED, and has its own forums as well. Nonetheless, I'll pass along your suggestions, for future reference.

I bought this on Steam.
Is there a way of getting it directly from GOG, I don't mind paying again since it's CDPR, without losing my saves and such?
Plus the benefit is that I don't need to log on to Steam to use it.

Is there a way of getting it directly from GOG, I don't mind paying again since it's CDPR, without losing my saves and such?
From what I understand, if you'd like to purchase The Witcher III again on GOG, once installed, the game should automatically recognise your saves on the hard-drive, provided they are located in Users\[username]\Documents\The Witcher 3\gamesaves.

Top Bottom