How do I make more money?

+
How do I make more money?

Hey guys. This is a question for hardcore witcher players. How do I make more money? like besides contracts. I just got all the diagrams for the grandmaster ursine armor which is the only one i realy wanted. And I have nowhere near enough to construct it. Any help? What would you suggest? Please help.

Hey guys. This is a question for hardcore witcher players. How do I make more money? like besides contracts. I just got all the diagrams for the grandmaster ursine armor which is the only one i realy wanted. And I have nowhere near enough to construct it. Any help? What would you suggest? Please help.

If you don't have enough items in your inventory to sell (keep in mind crafting supplies like ruby dust and runestones can be sold for lots of cash), then I would suggest just playing blood and wine for awhile. You can earn boatloads of cash in Toussaint.

EDIT: This thread has more info http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/119021-Making-Money-In-TW3-Is-So-Hard?

Last edited:
do the side quests, the monster contracts, explore, find the ? markes on the maps, sell what you don't need

Last edited:
Take a boat to some of the ? Marks offshore in Skellige you will rack up cash pretty quickly. You may have trouble selling certain items though.

Weapons generally cost more each than a peice of armour so to merchsnts with 600 ish or less I found selling armour more worthwile.

The best merchants of the top of my head are:
Master swordsmith in Novigrad
Master armourer Velen
The two smiths in Kaer trolde
The offieri merchants from Hearts of Stone.
Most merchants in Blood and wine have on average more coin than in the bade game.
Grandmaster Smith in Blood and Winr has heaps of cash usually. Plus if you are crafting gear with him you can minimise losses by selling things.

Craft the expensive materials, do not buy them. Use a skilled, high level smith for the dismantling, because this seems to result in far more materials than if you use an amateur smith.

- acid: dismantle any acid-yielding monster parts of archespores, kikimores, giant centipedes. No farming required, just normal ?s clearing, and you'll drown in the acid. There are no alchemical formulae that would require those monster parts, so just get that acid from the parts!
- orichalcum: craft it from all the junk jewelry that is littered all over the place.
- dimeritium: just craft as much of it as you can

=> your enriched dimeritium problem is solved.

Infused slyzard hides can also be crafted for half the money that you would require to buy them all. Even less than that if you already have materials hoarded - and let's be honest, who isn't drowning in crafting materials when ready to visit Touissant?

All of the above posters have given good answers. In simple terms, you won't be able to earn a lot of money early on in the game, but you'll gather more as you play. I suggest looting EVERYTHING you come across. Absolutely everything, and then selling anything that you aren't using, with the exception of alcohol (which you use while meditating. I learned this the hard way my first time through). This includes food if you're playing on the lower two difficulty levels, as you have no need for it.

The merchants in White Orchard and Velen won't give you a lot for anything, but once you reach Novigrad, you're sure to find a few favorites that give better prices and have more cash on hand. The further you get into the game, the easier this will be, though from time to time, you're sure to run into the issue where you have more to sell than the merchant has money to pay you. Just go to another when this happens.

I finished my first playthrough with about 55,000. At one point during my second, when I knew what I was doing from the start, I had well over 100,000, before finding things in the expansions to spend huge sums on.

I hate to admit, but since I've used the White Orchard armorer;s money glitch, money has been completely a non-issue for me.

One way to collect cash is to play gwent against relatively high-level NPCs. It's still easy and gives you 50-100 crowns per win (you can play as much as you want against the same NPC), but it can get very tedious if you don't want to spend time playing gwent.

Top Bottom