How do I transfer Stadia's Cyberpunk 2077 save to Xbox Series X without PC?

+
Hello everyone,
Unfortunately I am one of the unfortunate owners of Cyberpunk 2077 on Stadia (bought on day one). I recently heard that CDRedProject has moved to find a solution to the save. The problem is that while getting the save via Google Takeout, I must have a copy of Cyberpunk 2077 on PC as well. I already spent € 60 on Stadia for the game, I spent € 60 for the Series X version and now I have to buy the game again on PC just to transfer the save ?? It seems crazy to me.
Do you have any solutions in this regard?

HOW DO I TRANSFER STADIA'S CYBERPUNK 2077 SAVE TO XBOX SERIES X WITHOUT PC?

Google offers a refund. You should make contact with them for info. Seems a transfer cannot be made without a PC version. If a PC version is not available to you, you cannot make the transfer. It's the REDs that formulated an opportunity to make a transfer from Stadia to any other platform, (where else no opportunity for a transfer was available at all), but it involves a PC version to able it to be executed.

In all, you bought the game on Stadia which gets closed. Then you buy the game on PC and transfer the save from Stadia onto there. You get a refund of the game from Google. You end up having paid once for a game that you bought twice.

If you want the game on another platform, then yes, you'll have to pay separately for all those other platforms. But that's a choice that you yourself made, not a choice necessary to make the game save transfer.

HOW DO I TRANSFER STADIA'S CYBERPUNK 2077 SAVE TO XBOX SERIES X WITHOUT PC?

Google offers a refund. You should make contact with them for info. Seems a transfer cannot be made without a PC version. If a PC version is not available to you, you cannot make the transfer. It's the REDs that formulated an opportunity to make a transfer from Stadia to any other platform, (where else no opportunity for a transfer was available at all), but it involves a PC version to able it to be executed.

In all, you bought the game on Stadia which gets closed. Then you buy the game on PC and transfer the save from Stadia onto there. You get a refund of the game from Google. You end up having paid once for a game that you bought twice.

If you want the game on another platform, then yes, you'll have to pay separately for all those other platforms. But that's a choice that you yourself made, not a choice necessary to make the game save transfer.
Ok, I didn't know about the Google refund. In any case, the thing does not change.
If I have to play on Xbox Series X, it forces me to buy the PC version anyway. So I would still spend twice as much.
The Xbox Series X version was bought precisely because I don't have a PC powerful enough to run Cyberpunk on and I had to find a replacement since I won't be able to play with Stadia anymore.
Post automatically merged:

That is what I say is that it is so complicated to create a free GOG application that provides internal instructions in all languages of how to import the save from Google Takeout and when it is done, put a big button that if clicked loads the data in the cloud on all platforms?

Last edited:
Ok, I didn't know about the Google refund. In any case, the thing does not change.
If I have to play on Xbox Series X, it forces me to buy the PC version anyway. So I would still spend twice as much.
The Xbox Series X version was bought precisely because I don't have a PC powerful enough to run Cyberpunk on and I had to find a replacement since I won't be able to play with Stadia anymore.
Post automatically merged:

That is what I say is that it is so complicated to create a free GOG application that provides internal instructions in all languages of how to import the save from Google Takeout and when it is done, put a big button that if clicked loads the data in the cloud on all platforms?

You are not forced to get the game on PC. You are forced to get the game on PC only if you want to keep your save, your save isn't necessary.

It may seem crazy to you but the fault is on Google, not CDPR. Developers were caught off guard too with this sudden announcement that it was all getting shut down so quickly. As of this moment, you have to go through PC to get your save. This may change in the future, who knows? I wouldn't hold my breath if I was you, CDPR can't possibly be expected to give out free copies willy-nilly because Google screwed people over(again) and I doubt expanding the cross save infrastructure is in their plans but it could happen.

I agree this situation sucks big time for anyone who is/was using Stadia. Let this be a lesson to everyone, never trust Google to keep a service open unless it's hyper lucrative from the get-go. Even if they say they are all-in and won't be closing *this* one.

Top Bottom