How do I turn on half-vsync?

+
How do I turn on half-vsync?

Hi lads,

The game force me to either vsync or off, I have a 144hz monitor and don't really want to stress out my GPU. I tried the Nvidia Control Panel to set the game at adaptive (half refresh) but it didn't work. Thanks for your help.

iCake

Forum veteran
Limit your fps to 72 by any means, RivaTuner or Nvidia inspector are a good bet here and there might even be an option to do that in-game but I never had a 144Hz monitor to know for sure. Then just turn on usual v-sync and you'll get what you're looking for. Alternatively you can just set your monitor refresh rate to 75 or close to that while playing the game if your monitor supports it of course.

sv3672

Forum veteran
It is possible to set any limit on the frame rate by editing the configuration file (user.settings), change LimitFPS under [Engine].

I think you'll need to manually lower your monitor's Refresh Rate to 60 Hz through Nvidia Control Panel. I don't believe the game allows any Vsync override. (It did at one point, but I think it was very buggy.) By turning Vsync on in-game, it should lock to 60/30, and 60 Hz will probably cooperate much better with that then 144 Hz.

Top Bottom