How do no-weapons allowed establishments deal with cyberware in-universe?

+
A few places insist you dump your weapons but never do anything about stuff like mantis blades or gorilla arms. I guess they can't ask you to literally disarm yourself but that's a pretty big gaping hole right there. There are missions that become piss easy because you're ostensibly disarmed but people ignore the jutting blades coming out of your wrists. Wouldn't there be jammers or hackers to ensure they're inert while in a specific area?

And there never a safety measure to prevent netrunner intrusion like what Shadowrun did.

As far as I understand it cyberweapons are generally considered illegal, or at least the corps have an agreement to not sell them on the open market precisely because they are designed to be difficult to detect. Being hidden is a big part of their function after all.

In the table top game at least you wouldn't get them installed unless you're definitely up to no good and are willing to risk people finding out. Of course you could always get some kind of clearance for them through some clever hacking, bribes, or persuasion. In the video game there is no such nuance I suppose, so they are just never discovered.

As far as I understand it cyberweapons are generally considered illegal, or at least the corps have an agreement to not sell them on the open market precisely because they are designed to be difficult to detect. Being hidden is a big part of their function after all.

In the table top game at least you wouldn't get them installed unless you're definitely up to no good and are willing to risk people finding out. Of course you could always get some kind of clearance for them through some clever hacking, bribes, or persuasion. In the video game there is no such nuance I suppose, so they are just never discovered.
If I remember correctly from CP2020 (although it's possible I'm getting this confused with another cyberpunk RPG) I think it was possible to get your cyberweapons registered with the NCPD after having them 'installed' even though they weren't street legal. As long as they knew you had them they were usually willing to overlook that fact, unless of course you were a violent criminal with a habit of slaughtering innocent people etc. A reputable solo could probably get away with it, unlike a member of Maelstrom for example.

Top Bottom