How do you combat with Monster Deck

+
How do you combat with Monster Deck

Hi guys,
I am at Level 38, rank 07 now. I've played with Nifgaard Deck all the time. I am having real trouble to deal with guys playing Monsters (get rekted when playing with that deck most of the time). Basically they have 2 main strategies: (1) spamming nekkers and arachas & (2) spawn weather with foglets & wild hunt warriors. I feel like the Monster deck is too overpowered comparing to other clans due to the "Immune to Weather" ability. Here are the strategies that i tried to apply:
(1) Put 02 Alba Pikeman units (the only one "Immune to weather" available, heck ya) --> they were easily weakened by wild hunt warriors & imlerith; if i buff one of my two Pikemen then they use a bunch of weakening cards: scorch, geralt igni, thunder, etc.
(2) Use Vicovaro to resurrect their immune-to-weather cards --> same results as above
(3) Keep 2 First light cards in my deck to use --> they have rag nar roog, storm, fog, etc.;

Do you guys find difficulties to play with Monsters using the Nifgaard deck or others?

Attachments

• photo118400.jpg
    photo118400.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 90

Guest 3973540

Consider revising your deck. Who is the leader? Voorhis?

Bronzes:
- Generally I would try to use either 3, or rarely 1 bronze unit of the same type, for consistency. So I would run 3 Albas here if weather is your main trouble.
- Two 11str knights synergize poorly with Villie. 1 may make sense.
- Epidemic synergizes poorly with Vicovaro medics and cows
- Manticore I do like, but again if you have trouble vs Monsters, Lacerate should work better.
- I find that Albas work better with an Engineer (who may add Resilience). Something like Alba - Alba - Embassador - Engineer closer to round finish, to keep the overbuffed Alba if possible, or the underbuffed if fearing a Scorch. There, this could be the small power combo for you to try to field consistently every game.

Silvers and Golds:
- Cynthia, Auckes, D-bomb and Aero are great
- 2 cows but no Cantarella? Cow-Cantarella combo is the most abusive and powerful side of the cow, imho.
- Is that Fringilla (10str no ability silver) in the siege row or Assire? I don't like either tbh.
- Peter? Also questionable.
- YenCon is often good, but much better if combined with controllable scorching power (Scorch, Igni, Schirru). Villie does not fit the description because of the long timer. Maybe change her to a fat Nilf gold like Xart or Skellen, or add Scorch. (Yen+Scorch is one of the best counters to ubiquitous Crones).

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't even need Scorch to get rid of crones immediately; YenCon will make them all even for a single rot tosser to kill all of them.

If you're in the business of using a lot of situational cards just for the one-offs though, Sweers would be a more common go-to to screw over Monster consume decks. Throw rot tosser on the first row after he puts out his nekkers, next turn, Sweers all the nekkers in the deck into the graveyard, and the cow will detonate on the last nekker on the board before he can repopulate.

Top Bottom