How do you decide what to dismantle and what to sell?

+
How do you decide what to dismantle and what to sell?

So I'm almost level 5, I'm nearly at full inventory capacity and I have with me:

nearly a dozen inferior swords
at least two dozen books
one or two dozen monster parts that I have yet to require for crafting or alchemy
probably seven dozen crafting components, only a handful of which or of considerable value

I'm a sign-based Witcher with a focus on igni. I'll probably gravitate towards light armor.

For the most part it's OK to sell things like those swords for instance. The iron/leather or whatever they give isn't exceedingly rare. Books can be sold once your done reading them. I would keep all monster parts etc as you will need these for Witcher gear. My personal preference is to only dismantle when necessary to get the crafting materials I need opposed to having to buy them. You should dismantle most junk (broken rakes etc).

On a side not I would look into getting the Griffin Witcher set. It is medium armor however it increases sign intensity and isn't to bad on stamina. Sign intensity is obviously quite important for Igni.

So I'm almost level 5, I'm nearly at full inventory capacity and I have with me:

nearly a dozen inferior swords
at least two dozen books
one or two dozen monster parts that I have yet to require for crafting or alchemy
probably seven dozen crafting components, only a handful of which or of considerable value

I'm a sign-based Witcher with a focus on igni. I'll probably gravitate towards light armor.

Sell the weapons, pretty much every human enemy has a sword or axe or mace of some kind with him so you'll never run out of those. Any you should only dismantle stuff in this game if you need it for crafting because crafting items can really blob ob your inventory space. I personally only keep the junk items that can be turned into either leather, because pretty much every armor piece in the game needs tons of leather to craft, or silver, because it's less frequent then iron.

And as far as i know oils, potions, decotions and so on only have to be crafted once, so i always craft them as soon as i can, so i don't have to any more.

Dismantle/Loot what you need if you want to craft something specific. You develop an eye for common items and ignore them. To reduce capacity loads and make money I would sell animal hides (bear, deer, horse etc), basically any heavy junk. I don't bother dismantling since you get plenty of leather by looting anyway. You can always kill animals to grab their hides anyway if you need them. Sell swords as well. I mainly dismantle silver swords for the silver. There are always bandits around that you can loot for swords and dismantle later if you're short on metals.

Top Bottom