How do you get the best out of Lippy Gudmund?

+
How do you get the best out of Lippy Gudmund?

* Edit: What is the greatest number of units you can put on the board during the turn when you play Lippy and what determines whether those cards are brought to the board when you play Lippy?

In the recent or current Seasonal mode he could be very effective. Some players blanked with him though. I've not played with this unit before, so how does it work and what are good cards to have in your deck to make it work properly and how do get maximum value from him and not blank when you play him? If I recall, Knickers and Roach were at least two cards that this faction's players had in their deck as standard.

Last edited:
I would also suggest Cerys an Craite with Shield Guards, and Royal Decree/Oneiromancy AND Matta to be able to pull Cerys in Round 1 and then again in Round 3 after playing Lippy, with the self-hurting leader ability (forgot its name).

I would also suggest Cerys an Craite with Shield Guards, and Royal Decree/Oneiromancy AND Matta to be able to pull Cerys in Round 1 and then again in Round 3 after playing Lippy, with the self-hurting leader ability (forgot its name).

I still don't have an idea of how the mechanic works. When you swap your graveyard for your deck, what conditions need to be met for you to get extra units on the battlefield that turn? Like I said, sometimes I've seen players blank with the Lippy card and other times they bring a few units to the battlefield with them. How does it all work?

You also mention Royal Decree/Oneiromancy. These are cards to allow you to play any card, right? So you wouldn't be able to play them with the Lippy card. How does all this hang together? What's the strategy?

Payus

Forum regular
Lippy works with the following cards:

-Morkvaarg (the beast one) if you have him on your deck when you play Lippy he goes to the graveyard same as if he was discarded so he comes back inmediately, doomed. When playing lippy decks always mulligan Mork to get this combo.

-Oneiromancy. You can use it as usual, or if you don't find it before you use lippy, you will get the echo of the card, because the card goes to the graveyard when you use lippy so you will have it as the first draw of the next round just like if you used it, helpfull if you miss Oneiromancy in R1 or R2.

-Roach and Knickers, if they get pulled in the first rounds once you use Lippy(if Roach or knickers or both are in the graveyard) they will come out again if you use Lippy. If knickers is still in deck and you play Lippy, you won't get him back, he'll go to the graveyard.

-Crowmother: This one is conditional, if you aim to have crowmother in the graveyard, play her or get her out of the graveyard(using an alchemy card) before using Lippy, otherwise she will go from the GY to your deck. The upside is that if you miss Crowmother in R1 or R2 and you still have her on deck, you can use lippy to get her into the graveyard before R3 to resurrect her with alchemy later.

-Any create card: Elf and onion soup, Uma's curse, aguara true form, dulla and runewright, muzzle(to steal units)...
Any unit created(or special) you can replay later.

-Master mirror. Same as above, creating cards for later reuse.

-Shupe, he can be played twice or more, if you purify shupe you might be able to use him again + his special card form.

-Decoy for utility in case your lippy is pulled by tibor/ihuarraquax/vilgefort

-Birna, skalds, Coral to discard your bad cards and get enough good cards you previously used.

-and many more that I can't remember now.

The plan I use with this sorts of decks is to use as many golds as possible in R1 to secure a victory, most of them will be replayed later so just go balls out.
Preferably you win and play R2, use Lippy soon or late depending if you need to bleed or not.
try to use the expensive specials before using lippy then use lippy for tempo(4p lippy+ 3p roach+3p knick + 5p mork makes for a big swing) then try to get as many good cards in R3 (try to save Birna and coral for R3 if you have 4 to 5 cards, if you have 2 or 3 cards just mulligan and good luck.

DRK3

Forum veteran
Pretty much everything has already been said about Lippy.

But remember Cerys, if played correctly - on R1/2, then Lippy, then replay Cerys on R3 - it is your biggest play, specially if used with the last ping of your Ursine RItual leader, its a 25pt play, and in most cases, its enough to win even if you're a card down, that's why you can pretty much play R2 to push as far as it goes, just leave this big play for R3 if you see you wont be able to 2-0.

Lippy works with the following cards:

Thanks for that but it seems a lot of your card suggestions are for synergy with Lippy. I'm trying to figure out under what circumstances playing Lippy with bring a lot of units on to the board for you that turn, as opposed to playing Lippy and nothing joining the board for you when you play him, which I've seen happen sometimes (assuming that the decks used are the same).

Correct me if I'm wrong, but to maximise the effectiveness of Lippy, it would be necessary for...

Roach - must have been played in a previous round so that it's in your graveyard. Playing Lippy will put it back into your deck and playing Lippy will place it on the board, as Lippy is a gold unit...i.e. Roach will come on to the board from you deck...but not your hand?

Knickers - same as for Roach. I.e. you played it in a previous round, so it's in your graveyard, gets put back into your deck and when you play Lippy, it gets put back onto the board because Lippy is a gold unit. Again, it doesn't join Lippy on the board that turn if it's in your hand?

Crowmother - needs to be in your deck, not in your hand, so that playing Lippy allows you to put it into your graveyard, so that she can be brought out when you play an alchemy card. Question: I'm not sure if I've seen her come out immediately when Lippy is played. How does that work?

Morkvaarg - I can't remember if I noted all of the card's text but I did write down: "damage an enemy unit by 1. Repeat until target is damaged". So, I'm not sure how that explains how and why he would come back to the board if you play Lippy.

I edited my initial post to ask what is the maximum number of cards that will be brought during the turn that you play Lippy. From what I remember, I've seen Roach and Knickers come out plus 2 or 3 others that I don't remember. What's the full list?

For the rest of your suggestions, are they more synergy suggestions? I.e. they won't come out the same turn that you play Lippy, but it will place you in a good position to win the game with the rest of the cards in your game?

I still haven't tried this Ske deck, so it's still all theoretical to me.

P.S. I've played Master Mirror in other decks and don't tend to like its synergy, as you may sacrifice a good unit in your hand and get it replaced with a weaker gold card in its stead.

Payus

Forum regular
Thanks for that but it seems a lot of your card suggestions are for synergy with Lippy. I'm trying to figure out under what circumstances playing Lippy with bring a lot of units on to the board for you that turn, as opposed to playing Lippy and nothing joining the board for you when you play him, which I've seen happen sometimes (assuming that the decks used are the same).

Correct me if I'm wrong, but to maximise the effectiveness of Lippy, it would be necessary for...

Roach - must have been played in a previous round so that it's in your graveyard. Playing Lippy will put it back into your deck and playing Lippy will place it on the board, as Lippy is a gold unit...i.e. Roach will come on to the board from you deck...but not your hand?

Correct.

Knickers - same as for Roach. I.e. you played it in a previous round, so it's in your graveyard, gets put back into your deck and when you play Lippy, it gets put back onto the board because Lippy is a gold unit. Again, it doesn't join Lippy on the board that turn if it's in your hand?

Somewhat correct. Knickers comes to the board with a frequency inversely proportional to your number of cards in hand. So if you play lippy as last play of R2 or R3, knickers will come out 100%
Any card left in your hand decreases 10% the likelihood of knick coming to help.

Crowmother - needs to be in your deck, not in your hand, so that playing Lippy allows you to put it into your graveyard, so that she can be brought out when you play an alchemy card. Question: I'm not sure if I've seen her come out immediately when Lippy is played. How does that work?

She wouldn't ever come out when Lippy is played, crowmother only comes back as you use an alchemy card, that's why, if you have her in the graveyard, you must use an alchemy card before using Lippy, or else she will go back to your deck.

Morkvaarg - I can't remember if I noted all of the card's text but I did write down: "damage an enemy unit by 1. Repeat until target is damaged". So, I'm not sure how that explains how and why he would come back to the board if you play Lippy.

I was talking about Morkvaark in its beast form, the 5 power, 8 provision card, that if you send to the graveyard(either by killing or discarding) comes back to the board but gains doomed.

I edited my initial post to ask what is the maximum number of cards that will be brought during the turn that you play Lippy. From what I remember, I've seen Roach and Knickers come out plus 2 or 3 others that I don't remember. What's the full list?
The number is 3 cards besides Lippy :Roach, knickers and morkvaarg, for a max output of 4+3+3+5 points

For the rest of your suggestions, are they more synergy suggestions? I.e. they won't come out the same turn that you play Lippy, but it will place you in a good position to win the game with the rest of the cards in your game?

I still haven't tried this Ske deck, so it's still all theoretical to me.

P.S. I've played Master Mirror in other decks and don't tend to like its synergy, as you may sacrifice a good unit in your hand and get it replaced with a weaker gold card in its stead.

Yes, the rest of the cards are just synergistic with Lippy decks, to my knowledge no other card will come out as you play lippy with the exception of created Roaches or knickers, you could also use Phoenix if you want an extra 4p carryover, but it's not worth it, and would not be pulled by Lippy in any way.

Answers inside the quote, in bold.
BTW, Master Mirror is decent in Lippy decks because as Sk you have tools to discard the cards you want thus controlling what you play from your rightmost side(but cannot control what stays on your hands "leftmost side". But the main advantage is that after you use Lippy you can replay the MM created cards in a later round if you played them before.

Last edited:
Top Bottom