how do you like the character editor?

+
I made a character with some options I don't like. For example the character has makeup and other customizations that you "should be able to change later".

For you guys that have not made your character yet. Be SHURE you like the character you make because you wont be able to change anything later!

My recommendations to project red is to have a option to change some things after creation.

completely ignoring the genitals; I was a bit disappointed with what we got. Like it's a fair set we got for sure, but overall?

It feels like a downgrade from what we've been shown before (big note towards amounts of skin tones and what they did in regards to clothing), as well the hair choices we're give are basically from generic online assets to 'wth is this'? There isn't really an in between, which can be fine if done right, but it feels like there just isn't any medium to counter it. it's probably one of the reasons I'm glad it's first person, but sad I won't feel as excited to use to photo mode.

I think the biggest thing that confuses me though is that we didn't get a slider for the voice pitch; like that would have solved quiet a lot of issues people have with the whole voice sets pronouns.

I'm still stuck in the customization screen, due to the weird scrolling bug, how often do we get to see V's face?

I like that there's no sliders so you don't have goofy ogre looking creatures like Dark Souls games running around.

I think it's okay but I was expecting more, biggest flaw in it isn't really to do with the character creator but the fact you can't seem to change your character after the initial creator from what I've read? Which seems kinda lame because I wanted to change and try out a female V with the feminine voice because I like both the voice actors, but no sex changes in 2077 apparently

I loved it! I wish their were more tattoo, cyberware and scar options, but otherwise I thought it was great.

I'm still stuck in the customization screen, due to the weird scrolling bug, how often do we get to see V's face?

Are you playing on PC, and have a controller plugged in ? If so, try to unplug it if you don't use it, I had that kind of issue too, and fixed it this way.

For the editor :

It's a effective but not tremendous one, we could've used more tattoo, and a feature to make Heterochromia eyes (it would have been nice to have a cybernetic eyes, and a "normal" one too).

For me, the "premade" part is an outdated way to make character creators, a slider based editor is way more flexible and pleasant to use for the player.

I dislike it so much that I went with one of the premade characters for female V instead. Because no matter what I try I never end up with anything resembling the way i want my V to look like. (check my profile pic for an example) Now I wish we could disable mirrors so I don't have to ever look at V.
I guess the good part is that I won't care about mismatching clothing since I don't care how V looks like. Which is sad considering how much importance CDPR put on looks and it end up being completely pointless for me. The photo mode is also pointless, imo.

I kind of like the character creator but it seems like there are not really enough color options.
I was making my first female V last night at launch and I couldn't get the red nails to match the lips and hair.

I expect there will be additional hair styles and colors available in future content, but for all the hype of the character creation screen, there were surprisingly few alternates for each section of customization.

I'm not knocking it with bad intent, perhaps expanded options for looks & hair configurations will be available in game. I just thought - perhaps incorrectly, - that there would be way more hair and color styles. As well as all the other selections, like 15-20 each at least.

It took me a while to figure out how to remove the dirty looking freckles on her face.
The lipstick only had a few colors options... why not a color palate to pick from? like once you get red,, scale the intensity and the tint... Have you seen the make-up options at the store for womens hair and lipstick, it's expansive and I feel they just didn't quite capture that here.

As for hair, I didn't really care for the default styles, dreads, fro, half shaved etc... My V is going to be a hottie... I was hoping for a mohawk - a cute little mohawk, but didn't see what I wanted so I ended up just going for kind of mid length hair down both sides of her face... but then after the first area when you unlock your apt.. V is bald again!?!? like what happened to the hair I picked? did she shave it? is that a bug? I don't know lol. So I rocked a fedora but still.

regarding the genitals, I feel let down a bit. - The options for that were kind of lacking. - do they have twig n berries or not... if yes, is the twig cut or not... big or small... that's it.

I feel they neglected the taco... I was hoping to see a buffet of options from neat and tidy to roast beef sandwich. not the case sadly. Perhaps it was the hype of just having them in the game, I never thought that should be a big deal, but if they are going to have them they could have had a slightly less robotic variety of them. that's all. as well as piercings down there.

Tattoos, could have had way more also. I bet there will be additional ones added later.

Now I am mostly happy with the character I made, but will be starting over again tonight now that I have a taste of the hacking mechanics and how that works, I want to re-spec my build and start from scratch with a hot bald V. _ this way when she gets her apartment, I don't have to worry about her losing the look I built in the character creation screen.

All in all it's a solid start, and I expect they will expand quite a bit onto the character creation.. maybe additional voices.

**I didn't realize I had already posted in this thread, sorry!

*In terms of the whole chest/genatalia thing, I don't really care for it since you don't see it except in the menu and from what I've seen from others the only thing it really effects in the game is being circumcised gets you ridiculed.

For everything else though, honestly I just feel like i'm in the character creator for an old mmo where you're only given either extremely generic or really weird/funky assets to chose from, and unless you go really crazy with color combo & the little 'extras' they give you, you generally end up looking like every other 'V' out there.

I think they probably could have really benefit from having slider bars; voice attached to pronouns? Use a pitch slider. Since hair is based on the body frame, gives us a slider to lengthen/shorten it. I also can't help but wonder why they decided on presets for coloring as well, admittedly i'm not a coder so I'm not sure if having a RGB picker would have caused issues, but I'm sure people would have loved the option of free choice (though having that green tint in the creator was a massive ? moment on their part.)

In the end, all I can really say is that this game will probably end up being 2020's Skyrim for the mod community.

Last edited:
Disappointed
I would like to create a V with a younger face, he doesn't look 20 years old.

The male hairstyle options are horrible to me.
I expected the hairstyles to be more customizable. (like Nioh 2)

No body or muscle options.
Women have breast options, but men have no chest options. (like Nioh 2)

I would like it to be possible to add tattoos to any part of the body (again, like Nioh 2) not just limited to full body/facial tattoos.
:giveup:

Last edited:
The character creator SUCKS!!!! There's not a SINGLE furry ground dwelling rodent type in there! ;)

Seriously: Better than most. If I could add anything to it for male V; it would be more facial tat options (I'm using None now), more eye make up options, and 1 or 2 slightly more muscular body type options.

I just dont think penis/vagina/breast options are actually a big deal.. Like, so what you cant intimately describe what genitals and very decide you want the perfect pair off tits - so what?

I dont think a video game should have 50 different vaginas/penis options.
I don't even want more tits options. All I want is to simply have them deleted on my character, and the game won't even let me do that.

Last edited:
Im quite surprised on how few options there seem to be in all other areas except facial features. I was particularly disappointed in that there is only one bodytype for either gender.. I had been hoping for a more athletic build. And only two kinds of cybernetic eyes.

I guess we wait for the mods..

I also have a graphical issue with the CC.. (see showcase your V thread)

I like that there's no sliders so you don't have goofy ogre looking creatures like Dark Souls games running around.
And so what if player wants their V to be ugly? Why do you think the player should be restrained from doing something he wants to do in the game he paid for, which won't affect any one but himself?

Are you playing on PC, and have a controller plugged in ? If so, try to unplug it if you don't use it, I had that kind of issue too, and fixed it this way.

For the editor :

It's a effective but not tremendous one, we could've used more tattoo, and a feature to make Heterochromia eyes (it would have been nice to have a cybernetic eyes, and a "normal" one too).

For me, the "premade" part is an outdated way to make character creators, a slider based editor is way more flexible and pleasant to use for the player.
No, I'm on the base PS4. It doesn't scroll as much after restarting my console and I was able to get through customization. I wish we had more color options for certain things. Some customization provided a lot of colors and others were a bit lacking. But I've seen much worse.

Top Bottom