how do you like the character editor?

+
Customization is pointless at this point. Nothing you do or how you look makes a damn difference in the game. Forced underwear also an issue. This game is soooo edgy....maybe in the 1950s...

I still don't understand how I am supposed to feel the immersion. I just feel like V stuck in first person. And that was not the point of the first person and they have said this MULTIPLE times. They want you to feel like 'you'. Well, I don't...

3rd person would still have been better. There is no edge or pushing boundaries in this game. God....Red Dead, GTA, Witcher and Sleeping Dogs pushed more boundaries than this. And this is 18+....why? Because EVERY GOD DAMN npc you try to talk to or EVERY GOD DAMN shop owner tells you to f- off? ....so edgy

I would jizz at the edginess, but seeing as I am stuck in my underwear the whole time, and I can't see my character in any case, it is a waste of good jizz.

8 years....and delays....for this. On so many levels I am disappointed.

I just wondered if anyone had managed to create the original female V from the first gameplay vid?

Also is there a way to change appearance in game once you started?

I'm so frustrated with seeing all the NPCs with various bodies running around, and then I have zero choice for V's body type.
Also the amount of skin tones, hair colors, and makeup colors are very limited.

Honestly I expected sliders for height, weight, muscle. And hoped for individual sliders for each bodypart. The character creator is worse and has less options than vanilla skyrim.

I keep forgetting to add that we need the ability to change things and augment with cybernetics after character creation. That would be a must have addition.

I liked it. Of course there could always be more options for everything, but in that case I would still be creating my character instead of playing the game. Too much options is not good for me.

Yeh, I definitely think we have good amount of options to choose from. I spent quite a lot of time in character creation while trying and testing everything :D

Frankly, it's Rubbish and they shouldn't have bothered.
Should have just had 6x Generic Character models. One for each Gender/Lifepath.

Instead it seems they put in Genital Options, patted themselves on the back for being diverse - then forgot to come back and finish the Character Creator. It's like "Look at Us! We made it so you can be a Girl with a Willy!" - as if you were running around naked all the time like it's everyone's business what you got in your pants.

Maybe I'm wrong and this does make people feel included? In which case I am sorry.
Just the way I see it is that, if we're talking about inclusivity - they've made a big deal over something you never see, yet left out all the options to allow people to create a character that actually reflects how they want to portray themselves in game.

For instance - while you can control the size of your penis and areolas - I would rather be able to:
- Adjust how Tall my Character is.
- How Broad they are in the Shoulders and Hips.
- How Fat or Muscular they are.
And those are just the basics - without getting into sliders to control body proportions, like length of torso, neck, etc. etc.

Then there's the Colour Options.

The lighting in the Character Creator is terrible and you can't see how the skin tone etc. is actually going to look.

For the eye colours - seriously - they have made skins so you can have X, O or Spiral eyes.
But they literally came straight out of Paint!
It just looks lazy. Is it unfinished? Are they meant to be placeholders?
Even I can make a skin to look like natural eyes with some form of cybernetic implant.

If you want natural looking hair you can have Black or Brown. The most basic of options are missing. No Blonde or Natural looking Red (only dyed). Natural skin tones? Where's the option for someone with Scottish skin who stood in the sun for 10 minutes???

Sure, it's Cyberpunk - so everyone has body modifications, bright hair colours, etc. But then going with that theme, maybe you could start out looking Natural, then add the mods and dyes as you play through the game? But from what I'm reading, if you want to change your character you have to start again! Not very Cyberpunk, now is it?

I really hope they go back and do something with it. I hope it really is unfinished and the rest will come soon with an update. If not, then I hope they read this and get to work on the upgrades. Because if they aren't going to do it properly, they would've been better not doing it at all.

Chances are the developers wanted something more as well, and they probably even put more effort into things like a sliders and the like - but it probably ended up being cut because management wanted to sell the game ASAP because of COVID-19 lockdowns and Christmas coming up. They were probably crunching the ENTIRE last 8 months to just barely get rid of most of the game-breaking bugs for release, and they still have another year of this ahead of them to really fix it up. Just remember that most likely developers aren't allowed to talk to the general public/press about the game under NDA.

Really disappointed with the character creator, like I'm not asking for anything new or absurd like (like making making 10 feet schlong and a tatoo option of big bertha).
Jokes aside, its missing cheekbones individual customization, face ratio, eye positioning, nose positioning and mouth positioning. If people want to end up doing V as a Oblivion monstrosity let them do it, more power and fun to be had, if they want to do ultra tweaked super models let them too.
Body shape, given the scope of the CP2077 project I was expecting options to be fat, bulky, slim , tall or small. Or have a system where Body status influenced V bulk.

When CDPR let people play for 4 hours, I experienced most of disappointment for the character creator then. It's quite limited. I will give them a high five on eye color and nail polish, heck the fact I could make V have long nails was something. Those manicures were so cool, I had a hard time choosing. I also like that we could choose teeth styles. Wish they had tooth gaps, missing teeth, and partial metal teeth combinations. Scars and piercings were neat also. But the more standard options seemed less generous. Skin colors could use more tones. As a dark complected person wanting to make a dark complected V, I had two options. I got frustrated choosing the eyes because I like large widely spaced eyes. Eyes and lips had alot of similar looking options. Nose really could have used a slider for width and height, but it doesn't fit the style of the creator. It initially felt like I hadn't made her look much different from what I started with, though choosing the jaw helped. In real life, there are people who look like someone moved the slider all the way to one side.

I liked the hair color options, but would love a few more - and the ability to change them in the game if it's true that we can't. Make up options were severely limited. There was matte nail polish but not lipstick. Eyeliner/eye shadow, and lipstick could all use more colors and styles. Also I thought what was going on the cheeks would be blush but they just skin details. Maybe blush could be an option in that. I also wish there were more body options . If not adding the ability to adjust the curves and muscles, then maybe more options in what was already provided (tattoos, breasts, penis, vagina).

It's a very nice looking character creator overall. And I did have fun with it, and made a V that I felt happy with. The eyes I did choose seemed expressive, like they'd seen too much. I do hope they add more to it in the future. Despite any criticism I have for this game post launch, I really love it so far. After writing all of that I find myself wondering if they wanted body mods/cyberwear to be the thing that sets you apart in terms of physical attributes but then again, it seems to be a combination so idk.
Post automatically merged:

Chances are the developers wanted something more as well, and they probably even put more effort into things like a sliders and the like - but it probably ended up being cut because management wanted to sell the game ASAP because of COVID-19 lockdowns and Christmas coming up. They were probably crunching the ENTIRE last 8 months to just barely get rid of most of the game-breaking bugs for release, and they still have another year of this ahead of them to really fix it up. Just remember that most likely developers aren't allowed to talk to the general public/press about the game under NDA.

I honestly wondered if its was lacking due to time as well. Because some things have more options than others, like nail polish compared to lipstick. And the fact that they even included options for things like nails, teeth, genitals but in varied amounts. I don't know the story, but your post makes alot of sense to me.

Last edited:
And so what if player wants their V to be ugly? Why do you think the player should be restrained from doing something he wants to do in the game he paid for, which won't affect any one but himself?

well if the player wants an ugly v... that's kinda the default.. did you see what the random generator comes up with lol.. yikes... no thanks.

I think it's pretty good, though it has some incomplete options.

It's a shame that the character in game doesn't look quite as good as the character in the editor and that nothing can be changed after launch.

I wanted my character to be an Aztec tech-shaman, i found all the facial features and a suitable hairstyle to make him looks just like my uncles.

But the piercings were a major let down, i was hoping for some massive ear guages, both ears, and i knew it would be asking alot, the Aztecs had a piercing where the jewelry piece would protrude just below their lower lip above the chin, i was hoping to at least see a simple soul patch piercing, currently the options are pretty limiting on my opinion, or way too many little piercings that dont make sense and cant be swapped around or removed independently.

But i understand everybody wanted any extra budget to go into big peepee options, so ill have to hope for better but accept it for now.

Personally, I'd like more chest and genitalia options. The breasts don't have a natural hang to them, so there is no natural looking alternative to the plastic and fake looking ones as a result. And, I can't be the only weirdo here who thought there'd be cybernetic penis options that actually look cybernetic, a la that Mix It Up poster, right?

Lastly, and perhaps most importantly, I'd like an option to remove the testicles while still having any of the Penises. Or even penises with vaginas to role-play a lesbian woman or a gay man who just preferred a cybernetic way to have intercourse without altering other natural functionalities.

Don't get me wrong, having the few options we have is great, but if we're gonna go there, I think we should really go there, y'know? I wanna roleplay all sorts of types.

While i dont care for genatalia options, im going to be playing clothed mostly, and i think more thought could have been placed elsewhere, i do agree, that if they were going to focus on peepees and nanas, than they could have altleast make them glow or have teeth or something

Last edited:
is cp2077 character editor meeting ur expectations? do you like it or are you disappointed and why? share ur opinions and thoughts about it here!

Pretty OK, except you cannot set physical size, and then of course why do you waste time do it, you cannot see your Avatar?

Pretty OK, except you cannot set physical size, and then of course why do you waste time do it, you cannot see your Avatar?
Photo mode is fun and you can see your character but wish they managed to capture the character animation when you activate instead of starting with idle positioning.

It really is dumb that in a universe that's all about altering and augmenting everything about one's self you can't do so in-game after initially creating your character. Also, photomode and first person mode censoring our junk is not appreciated in the slightest. I hate that, actually. I get why it was done, and I hate it anyway. Does it ruin the game? Of course not. But it nags at me.

It really is dumb that in a universe that's all about altering and augmenting everything about one's self you can't do so in-game after initially creating your character. Also, photomode and first person mode censoring our junk is not appreciated in the slightest. I hate that, actually. I get why it was done, and I hate it anyway. Does it ruin the game? Of course not. But it nags at me.

Don't forget "Looking Cool", now i wonder who ever sees that in this game?

Photo mode is fun and you can see your character but wish they managed to capture the character animation when you activate instead of starting with idle positioning.

This is an action game, not a still photography class, anyway, it was not sold as that, it was sold as "You are a Hot ass Cool Looking Cyberpunk, in a City where looks are everything".... cept now it turns out you have to take a snappy if you want to see how cool you look?.... ugh

Customization is pointless at this point. Nothing you do or how you look makes a damn difference in the game. Forced underwear also an issue. This game is soooo edgy....maybe in the 1950s...

I still don't understand how I am supposed to feel the immersion. I just feel like V stuck in first person. And that was not the point of the first person and they have said this MULTIPLE times. They want you to feel like 'you'. Well, I don't...

3rd person would still have been better. There is no edge or pushing boundaries in this game. God....Red Dead, GTA, Witcher and Sleeping Dogs pushed more boundaries than this. And this is 18+....why? Because EVERY GOD DAMN npc you try to talk to or EVERY GOD DAMN shop owner tells you to f- off? ....so edgy

I would jizz at the edginess, but seeing as I am stuck in my underwear the whole time, and I can't see my character in any case, it is a waste of good jizz.

8 years....and delays....for this. On so many levels I am disappointed.

This is what you get if you wait 8 years for a Developer to get hi shit together, and 8 year old Concept, that plays like and 8 year old Game (maybe), and cannot handle 3rd person... all hype, they got your money, now get used to it i suppose?

Last edited:
I just can’t help but feel this game is missing parts they have taken out or dropped. May come back as dlc who knows. Creator feels very stripped back and lacking camera control to inspect the model.

one thing i don't get is why are the hair colors preset only? surely they could've just gone for the color wheel?

Maybe I was spoiled by skyrim and fallout. But I found editor options very lacking. Not to mention weird issues, such as different colors for some of hair 3D models and their 2D icons.

That aside, imagine sims. Without mods, it's one of the most family-friendly games on the market. No violence, toned down death, censored toilet and shower, no sex scenes.

And guess what, its female characters can have bigger boobs - without any mods - than characters in a cyberpunk world where sex is a merchandise and bodies can be freely modified by everyone via cyber-implants. What happened to 18+ rating when a family-friendly game does it better?

Last edited:
I think this entire thread could be summed up with the word "more." More options in every category. More access to custom colors. More ways to truly narrow down identity/roleplay with the sex organs. More camera functionality. More lighting options. More opportunities to edit, expand, replace cosmetic, cybernetic, and sexual functions after starting the game and exploring the world to see who you want to be within it.

Top Bottom