How do you make the open world more interesting?

+
I think this is a particular game mechanism that doesn't change a lot from game to game. All theese sudden monsters, caves and hidden loot...

You are aware that most of the quests in TW3 can be done without using map markers? All the infos you need to find quest objective can be gathered from NPC dialogue, notice boards, etc. That's also the reason why markers can be turned off altogether...

warbaby2;n9281971 said:
You are aware that most of the quests in TW3 can be done without using map markers? All the infos you need to find quest objective can be gathered from NPC dialogue, notice boards, etc. That's also the reason why markers can be turned off altogether...

Yeah bro just turn off cheat vision you can beat the game with-

warbaby2;n9281971 said:

Fact of the matter is that the game is designed from a basic level to accomodate for cheat eye and other methods. You can say "turn off everything" but the game was never really designed around that and the game simply isn't fun to play like that, just very clunky.
Meanwhile a game like Gothic is designed from the ground up to be like that which is why it's more satisfying.

Last edited by a moderator:
I found the W3 world one of the most interesting in recent gaming. To me, a good open world isn't one that has meaningless stuff to do every 2 feet. It's a world that feels truly alive and W3 does that very well. Running through ruins or riding across open plains doesn't do much for gameplay but it's so wonderfully done that it makes the world feel real. Thta's one of the things I look for in an open world.

MGSV would be the complete opposite.

welcome to open world game's. One of the reasons I don't care to much for open worlds is there is a lot of "stuff" a lot of the same "stuff" over and over again. something a lot of people will debate, is more always "better" or is it just......more "stuff" to eat up your time so you can say "hey our game take's a really long time to do everything!"

Why not implement an option to enter the tavern, sit down, eat something, and wash it down with some alcohol?
I am not suggesting making food and alcohol consumption mandatory, but it would create an atmosphere of a comfy get-together around the fire, with a steaming plate of gigot and a full mug of aromatic home-brewed beer.
In this "mode" Geralt will be able to get receive information or small quests from his drinking companions, listen to some stories or legends - in other words he will be able to find out about stuff he wouldn't find out about in a simple conversation.
All game long we are in a hurry, running back and forth but there is neither time nor chance for a meditative gathering with a mug of beer.
I am not talking about the cutscenes, but about a part of the gameplay.

yes, yes, yes!! I would love for this to be a solid part of gameplay. Like you said, not necessarily make it mandatory or crucial to survival. But it would definitely add some depth to the game!

Top Bottom