How do you make the open world more interesting?

+
Ok,there i d like people to post there ideas about gameplay afterending<because many people are waiting for Dls with this content,and CDPR often try to listen to fans ideas.So let help them to improve our favouritte game.

So here are mine.
First of all i wanna say,that if this game is the last of witcher series,or there will be a long time before new game in this universe ,then some of my global ideas can make sense.

1.Monster contracts.
Monsters are stoll alife after ending,so iits naturally,that they can hurm people.So at the contract board there shuld be new contracts time to time .This option does not need special audio or smth,just some words in the contract paper.Simple quest generator.
2.Random encounters and situations.Peasants who are resting,wich whant to drinck with travveler(or rob him,there was in game situation like this),mearchants who were attacked by monsters and need help,bandits who attack travvelers or forgotten forts and etc.
3.Tavern life.So our witcher travvels to town where people are drinking in taver,and he can drink with them,have some fun.May be people will be very drunk and try to attack him,or they are orginising fist fights.It will make world much,much alife.Also they shuld have celebrations time to time.
4.Story heroes. it will be great if Geralt friends,will be back.if we can drinck with them,they could joing us in travellings(not because we whanted them to joing us,but because they whant.For example Triss needs a leg of griffon for potion,and she joing us,giving us contract,or Zoltan needs our help for travel from point A till poin B.Also it will be graet to spend time with our love interest,even have sex,drink with them?go for a celebration.But time to time<because everybody has there own work u know=)
5.Treasure hunting,Geralt may find up a map or letter with new treasure place.(random generator,after some time this place or chest or body will f\desapiar)
6.Armor and wearpon.just male new armor sets and wearponns for the game after ending<or make stats of equepmet rais time to time,so player has to change it
7.Fishing.

Now lets talk about great ideas,wich will be great to see in the game,but it will be hard to make them.Also i guess from this ideas CDPR can make new big DLS.
1.Political.Make an opportunity time to time have influense(or bstay neutral) for politic life.It doesnt depend on winning country at all.Every country has its own problems and etc.This goal can be reached with large quest generator,randomiser of sudden events.So time to time we ll have such quest .They can be avaluable from key heroes or from politicans like Roshe or Emperor.just for example the plot of such quest can be the wish of the governor to rise taxi for village.So in this village arries a herald,but peasant dislike this new taxis.So we have an option to help to peasanst (and to earn their love and etc) or to help to their master (to earn his reputation.may be an invitation for selebration in castle )
So there should be some list of repiatable quests wich will occur in different parts of the world,or generator wich make quest from list of words,makin words in text,and text becomming a quest
2.Witcher Schools.Secrets of witchers are no longer forgotten<so each school can raise again.We can mannege kaer Mokhen,Leto can rais his own school and so on.What it all for?Ok we can train new Witchers wich will ficht with monster,we can meet them on roads.Also there are a lot of new quests like help to the withcher,or kill the witcher(cat school became killers,and even in books was a moment about this)Also it will be a start for a new game wich i hope to see
3.Money managment.We need to use our mone.Will it be a new armor or a new carpent on the wall of our home,where we live with our love interest,or a new jacket or dress for celebrations for gerald or his love interest.

as an open world RPG i would like...

less boring stuff to explore.
how can i say it? exploring the world is awesome, but there is somethings that are just too boring.
the best example is skellige. there is more than 80 points of interest, but 99% of them is underwater and are EXACTLY the same. it's such a waste IMO...
instead of this, you could include more life to the world, or more randon encounters.
and make more things tfor players to feel imersion in the game.

I agree with that Skellige part :D Definitely too much ? in the sea with no actual usable and desired prize.

With encounters it would be nice to do it in "Final Fantasy" way, where you can choose to have more or less encounters. Or just keep it in balance if you like.

I agree with that Skellige part :D Definitely too much ? in the sea with no actual usable and desired prize.

With encounters it would be nice to do it in "Final Fantasy" way, where you can choose to have more or less encounters. Or just keep it in balance if you like.

Normaly I think CDPR has done its job very well. But few more small quests on the Skellig islands would solve the problem of exploring on that map. And yes few more random encounters as I know from Skyrim would bee nice too. :yes

biggest problem is the exloration in skellige.
since they are small islands, they should maybe put more life in there. because it seems pretty dead for me, unlike velen and novigrad.
it get too boring having to explore the ocean, with nothing but water, water and water just to get some coins in abandoned chests floating there...
it would be better to include more undersea life, idk...
because i just hate to swim, take chest, to boat, and next location exactly the same
skellige need more life

biggest problem is the exloration in skellige.
since they are small islands, they should maybe put more life in there. because it seems pretty dead for me, unlike velen and novigrad.
it get too boring having to explore the ocean, with nothing but water, water and water just to get some coins in abandoned chests floating there...
it would be better to include more undersea life, idk...
because i just hate to swim, take chest, to boat, and next location exactly the same
skellige need more life

Yes I know and understand that point very well. In an older thread of me we had collected a lot of locations like you describe where must normaly be a quest to get not only a good but a perfect game...

And a lot of stuff CDPR has taken out in the release version of the game like the mermaids you can see in an older trailer on youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDpdajTX4tE

See here http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...est-or-a-connection-to-a-main-quest-(Spoiler)

Last edited:
Spawning monster contracts even in free roam, more familiar characters and locations from previous games (or books), more investigation quests (they are my favorite), no level cap, new monsters.

Yes I know and understand that point very well. In an older thread of me we had collected a lot of locations like you describe where must normaly be a quest to get not only a good but a perfect game...

And a lot of stuff CDPR has taken out in the release version of the game like the mermaids you can see in an older trailer on youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDpdajTX4tE

See here http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...est-or-a-connection-to-a-main-quest-(Spoiler)

Were those mermaids or were they Ekidnas or watever the harpy like monsters are in Skellige? The ones that look like beautiful women when in water but when they surface or attack they they turn into their monster form.

@Beas7ie Well it's possible but I don't believe so. Or I don't want to believe... ;)

If we analyze the picture, we see following points... :detective: By the way sorry because of the bad quality...

1.) No Ekhidna or Siren has brown hair and a hairstyle she has...
2.) No Ekhidna or Siren has a necklace she wears...
3.) She hasn't wings!!!
4.) And in my opinion she looks definitly as if she is swimming beside the boat and is talking to Gerald... And that I never saw by an Ekhisna or Siren in the current game... :lol:

Well point 1 and 2 could become no longer necessary because of a Change in gamedesign... But point 3 and 4...

Attachments

• 1111.jpg
    1111.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:
@Beas7ie Well it's possible but I don't believe so. Or I don't want to believe... ;)

If we analyze the picture, we see following points... :detective: By the way sorry because of the bad quality...

1.) No Ekhidna or Siren has brown hair and a hairstyle she has...
2.) No Ekhidna or Siren has a necklace she wears...
3.) And in my opinion she looks definitly as if she is swimming beside the boat and is talking to Gerald... And that I never saw by an Ekhisna or Siren in the current game... :lol:

Well point 1 and 2 could become no longer necessary because of a Change in gamedesign... But point 3...

All valid points, but then again it could be that she's just trying to get Geralt to let his guard down so she can attack.

Or it could definitely be a mermaid.

Guess we'll never know for sure.

Guess we'll never know for sure.

Yes, you are right... But I think there are definitely deleted, cuted out or unfinished quests in Skellige by CDPR as you can see here... Ans a mermaid quest would be perfect if you remember how much CDPR (and Sapkowski of course) loves it to use classical fairy tales themes...

Attachments

• 1112.jpg
    1112.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
Yes, you are right... But I think there are definitely deleted, cuted out or unfinished quests in Skellige by CDPR as you can see here... Ans a mermaid quest would be perfect if you remember how much CDPR (and Sapkowski of course) loves it to use classical fairy tales themes...

Dang a ghost ship. That sounds like it would have been a pretty cool quest, mermaids or no mermaids. Would love to be able to do a quest with a ghost ship.

And to improve the game itself, maybe let Geralt get a small crew of Skelligers and row around in one of the longboats. It seems silly to be going around the dangerous waters of Skellige through storms and past monsters in those little row/sailboat things.

I guess not having to pay as much attention to the time of day (due to e.g. quest givers only being available at certain times) made the game more "streamlined" for the average player who would have seen it as an annoyance. Being able to meditate anywhere when not in combat may have similar reasons.

This was an important feature even in TW1. Maybe we shouldn't simplify the gameplay anymore? Too many game aspects were simplified compared to previous parts. Moreover it's unacceptable that merchants stand at the same place day and night. They should sleep at night like other NPCs.

Instead of placing 59853 Points of Interest,try to make them connect to the player,the story and have a meaningful impact instead of cave #36 cleared etc.

The less procedurally generated the world feels,the better for the quality of the game.

Monsters' Behaviours - Living - Hunting - Attacking

Hi there,

in this e3 gameplay footage Geralt tracks a Griffin, and we can see it standing on the ground, eating or just doing nothing, then Geralt shoots the crossbow and the griffn starts to fly, somethng like this could be added to the game, that the flying monters are not allways flying in circles, it would be interesting to find some of this monsters just sleeping or sniffing or walking on the ground,

when Geralt kills the monsters on an abandoned settlement or village, the people return and live there again, also intersting could be monsters atttacking the settlements or village and its people, or attacking the animals, sheeps, cows, etc

and another update to the behavour of monsters could be the hunting, the monsters could hunt animals, like deer, bear, sheep, etc,
for example Geralt is walking admiring the landscape and suddenly a griffin catches a deer or a sheep or a horse and eats it, awesome
(it can be a griffn or a wyvern, basilisk, etc)

video:
[video]https://youtu.be/BivVXw-NLTw?t=84[/video]

Last edited:
In my recent replay, I'm noticing more interaction between enemy AI. I lured a pack of wild dogs to some drowners. Found a bear that was hunting some deer. And I usually attack the griffins and other flying beasts on horse back, and they will move around quite a lot. Whether it's been patched in and improved I don't know, but it makes for a lot of fun.

when Geralt kills the monsters on an abandoned settlement or village, the people return and live there again, also intersting could be monsters atttacking the settlements or village and its people, or attacking the animals, sheeps, cows, etc

No no no no no not that :D That happened in Skyrim and I just hated that! I lost good merchants permanently :(

And I can be almost sure that I have seen wolves hunting deers in Witcher 3... Or should I say killing deers, not the actual lurking and attacking stuff. And I have seen sleeping bears too. Two bears were sleeping near eastern Novigrad. One was found on the lake shore and another in the woods nearby. They woke up when I got too close (but not close enough). I tried to take a screenshot :(

Instead of placing 59853 Points of Interest,try to make them connect to the player,the story and have a meaningful impact instead of cave #36 cleared etc.

The less procedurally generated the world feels,the better for the quality of the game.

They did this with Hearts of Stone. All the Points of Interest tell one story that links with a side quest.

I think this is something they could go back and work on in Velen and Novigrad, and wouldn't cost that much, seeing as it would be mainly text in notes and letters.

I'm not sure what they would do with Skellige though. How can you add story to smuggler caches? They barely make sense as it is. Why dump your cargo into the middle of the ocean, and then never return for it? People on Skellige must have taken one too many hits to the head. Do the armours not get water damaged too? You can really find some strange things in those chests. I found a Superior Manuscript page once. How did a piece of paper survive in the ocean? :p

Also, how does a bear or a siren collect gear into a chest? The Guarded Treasures with Water Hags make sense, because it's mentioned in-game that they collect trinkets. But how do bears do it when they don't even have hands?

These questions, they keep me up at night. :wondering:

These questions, they keep me up at night. :wondering:
They are admittedly rather noticeable cracks in the game-world's illusion of realism. However, they're not particularly more illogical than other such strangely-placed loot we've seen in RPGs over the years. It's almost an expectation of the genre that treasure will make no sense.

They are admittedly rather noticeable cracks in the game-world's illusion of realism. However, they're not especially more illogical than other such strangely placed loot we've seen in RPGs over the years. It's almost an expectation of the genre that treasure will make no sense.

I'm just teasing of course. TW3 is definitely one of the better examples, although video game logic still applies in certain areas.

Bethesda is the worst at this though. "This cave has been uninhabited for 100 years, there are cobwebs everywhere. Here's an apple." It's fresh, we promise.

Top Bottom