How do you sell items?

+
How do you sell items?

When gathering loot, it says merchants will often buy the item.....question is, how do you sell it? None of the merchants I've spoken too ever ask to see my wares..What am I doing wrong?

Did you buy anything at all yet?double clicking any item your own inventory will trigger the sale.

You can trade with merchants who have this icon

So double click on my own items will initiate a sale? Sorry for this dumb question...this is my first rpg, still learning. Thanks

kbozz71 said:
So double click on my own items will initiate a sale? Sorry for this dumb question...this is my first rpg, still learning. Thanks
your not the first to ask this so the question is not as dumb as you think 8)Yes double click the item you want to sell and you will get a window asking of you are sure you want to well it :peace:

Well on my first time playing, it took me a lot to understand how i could make me merge a brand new sword with the three ores........ it made me feel stupid too :'(

You must click on the icon Petra is showing you during dialogue with vendors to buy or sell. Anything you loot like food, books, formula scrolls, roses, gloves, jewelery, scarves, alcohol, food, etc. all can be sold to the related vendor. Think about a vendor who would be selling these things and this is the person who would buy it from you. Things that the vendor will not be interested in will be grayed out in your inventory box. Books and formula scrolls are sold and purchased for example by the Antiquarian in town who is also usually located near other vendors selling/buying food, jewelery, herbs, etc. As far as reforging your steel sword with ores, you dont even need a steel sword to do that just the 3 pcs of ore. Sell the steel sword to the vendor at the Armory prior to asking for it to be reforged and youll make some oren there as well. (It defrays the cost of reforging the sword). Otherwise your original sword will be replaced with the new reforged sword and youll lose the opportunity to sell it. The original sword is actually not reforged but replaced when ores are offered which is why the original can be sold.

kbozz71 said:
A double click on the items immediately performs the deal. If you click once on it you have to confirm the deal or/and you will get a scrolbar to choose how many you want to sell / buy.And don't worry if you ask dumb questions about a rpg game. The first time I played a rpg game I was desperately looking for a cross-hair because I used to play FPS games only before :whistle: :D

PetraSilie said:
PetraSilie said:
A double click on the items immediately performs the deal. If you click once on it you have to confirm the deal or/and you will get a scrolbar to choose how many you want to sell / buy.And don't worry if you ask dumb questions about a rpg game. The first time I played a rpg game I was desperately looking for a cross-hair because I used to play FPS games only before :whistle: :D
Qui te the same for meI played Baldur's gate 2 as my first RPG and I felt like a moron........my boyfriend had to exsplain me everything like to a child.....@Petrathere's one thing that i'd like to ask you since a long time: is your avatar image Drizzt do'Urden?

Random Npc merchants aren't the same as the ones with specific names. Like Declan Leuvardan or whatever his name was for example. You have to click on the show me your wares icon to sell as well.

Top Bottom