How do you ship the review samples to chosen German reviewers?

+
How do you ship the review samples to chosen German reviewers?

First let me thank CD Projekt RED! Great guys and a great game, no doubt!

I want to know how you are going to ship the review samples to German reviewers? Are you going to send it from Poland or do you have it stored in Germany? And who is delivering it? Deutsche Post/ DHL or someone else? :confused:

I'm in no hurry, but I want to know, when we can expect the arrival! In 2-3 days? Before release? :cool:

Toommeekk said:
First let me thank CD Projekt RED! Great guys and a great game, no doubt!

I want to know how you are going to ship the review samples to German reviewers? Are you going to send it from Poland or do you have it stored in Germany? And who is delivering it? Deutsche Post/ DHL or someone else? :confused:

I'm in no hurry, but I want to know, when we can expect the arrival! In 2-3 days? Before release? :cool:
An airdrop sounds like a good idea ]: >

Kristehpwnz said:
An airdrop sounds like a good idea ]: >

Actually, I think they hired the UN to help out with delivering the games :) That is how much they care. :D (seriously, they do care...)

I imagine it will vary. I am in Arizona, the good ol' USA and hoping to get it soon. Hoping for 2-3 day shipping! :)

Hi, i've received cdprojekt mail and i've been chosen for one of the 1000 free copies of the witcher 2 enhanced edition... do you know if i will receive a standard edition of the game (like the one you can purchase in shops) or a review copy without cover and booklet?

i'm asking because i am a collector and i would like to have the complete package for the standard edition, so if i receive a review copy i will have to buy a normal copy to have both...

thanks!

Hello,

This is my first post on forums so want to say hi to everybody.

I got a email yesterday saying that I have been chosen to review The Witcher 2 Enchanced Edition, just want to say
thank you very much CDprojekt. It say's in the email that "a copy is already sent" to me,

Where is this getting dispatched from?
When will I expect to receive the item?
Has anybody got there's?

That all, if anybody can answer those will be perfect.

I see the impatience incoming next week. People will ask again and again "when do we finally receive our copy"?

Something you can avoid by clearly stating despatch date and the supplier. :)

For example: Deutsche Post only needs one day, maybe two days, to deliver, usually.

But when they are going to export the games from Poland to Canada, United Stades, Australia, New Zealand, ... it will take a while, it's better to know it, instead of waiting every day before the release for nothing. ;)

Who knows, maybe they can supply most of the reviewers inside of their home countrys by national mail. :cool:

Toommeekk said:
I see the impatience incoming next week. People will ask "when do we finally receive our copy"?

For example: Deutsche Post only needs one day to deliver.

But when they are going to export the games from Poland to Canada, United Stades, Australia, New Zealand, ... it will take a while, it's better to know it, instead of waiting every day before the release for nothing. ;)

Who knows, maybe they can supply the reviewers inside of their home countrys, national mail. :cool:

I highly doubt that CD Projekt Red hasn't set up some type of distribution method for the US at the least.

Usually, in my past experiences, review copies always came with everything a standard copy did (in fact, a review copy is a standard copy.) Otherwise, only promotional copies haven't included all of the manuals, etc. These are promotional copies, these are standard review copies! :D

Seriously, you should expect it to have everything included, such as manual, cover, etc.

KnightRobby said:
Usually, in my past experiences, review copies always came with everything a standard copy did (in fact, a review copy is a standard copy.) Otherwise, only promotional copies haven't included all of the manuals, etc. These are promotional copies, these are standard review copies! :D

Seriously, you should expect it to have everything included, such as manual, cover, etc.

Thanks for the tidbit, this is my first experience with a review copy of a game, and will be my first review actually.

I got some questions:

I didn't see but:

1. What version (Dark Edition, Reg edition, etc...) is being sent to who won?

2. In the US, will it be shipped by USPS?

That's all I wish to know.

:D

I was wondering the same, because I'm worried about things I've heard from friends, as well as on teh news. Mailman finds something that looks expensive, or something they want, and they take it. I had a friend lose a couple of games that she had ordered, and would have been annoyed. Another question I wanted to add though was, for those of us that are going to (or will attempt to in my case) review the game, would they like a link to it to see, or anything like that?

Toommeekk said:
I see the impatience incoming next week. People will ask again and again "when do we finally receive our copy"?

For example: Deutsche Post only needs one day, maybe two days, to deliver, usually.

Who knows, maybe they can supply most of the reviewers inside of their home countrys by national mail. :cool:

Or you know, people could shut the fuck up and be happy they received a FREE copy of the game and let CDPR do their thing. Seriously, it gets there when it gets there, hassling CDPR about it won't make it arrive any quicker.

I'm curious because I had the game pre ordered, I would like to know I physically had the game before I cancel my pre order, I will be charged restocking fee for cancellation. So would be nice to know to avoid canceling pre order then not get the game for whatever reason, then go purchase the game as planned anyways.

rufnux said:
Or you know, people could shut the fuck up and be happy they received a FREE copy of the game and let CDPR do their thing. Seriously, it gets there when it gets there, hassling CDPR about it won't make it arrive any quicker.

This is nothing about complaining, I think most people that won would just like to know if they're getting the game before it comes out or a few days (maybe longer) after. It's not that nobody is ungrateful, mind you; just confused as to exactly how it's being shipped.

Besides, there's a lot worse ways to hassle someone than make a thread asking nicely what's going on. :p

rufnux said:
Sure, but that's not the point. :)

I know it's getting on someone's nerves, when people again and again ask... but that's exactly why a little information in general is actually very helpful for everyone. It could take 3 or 4 days, it could even take up to 2 weeks, so in my opinion it's not too much asked for, just a very little info on the estimated shipping date for example Canadians, Italians or Germans. And as I already said, I'm not in a hurry, I just want to know when I can expect it, that's predictable. I don't expect an import before 5 working days. National mail would take 1 or 2 days in Germany.

rufnux said:
This is nothing about complaining, I think most people that won would just like to know if they're getting the game before it comes out or a few days (maybe longer) after. It's not that nobody is ungrateful, mind you; just confused as to exactly how it's being shipped.

Besides, there's a lot worse ways to hassle someone than make a thread asking nicely what's going on. :p
Exactly. :)

Top Bottom