How does Aard Piercing cold work?

+
How does Aard Piercing cold work?

Because it says it will have a chance to freeze enemies which it does and if enemies get frozen and knocked down they die instantly(hasn't happened yet).

But it says if no one got frozen it will deal 2222 damage but when I tested this on an Archespore near death and constant Aard spams it never deals the 2222 dmg.

What am I missing?

If you use Aard a second time when enemies are already knocked down, they will die. What people expect is that the enemy should die in a single Aard if they get both frozen and knocked down at the same time. This doesn't happen however (at least from what I've tested against drowners).

What people expect is that the enemy should die in a single Aard if they get both frozen and knocked down at the same time.
Well, they're certainly exploding for me in 1 single aard atleast, even at full health. Not sure how it works tho.

Well, they're certainly exploding for me in 1 single aard atleast, even at full health. Not sure how it works tho.

Really hard to see what's going on in that dark video. I'll do some more testing later tonight, and also record some gifs of the effect not working.

It's not working for me either, enemies that get frozen and knocked down do not explode, they get right back up and the ones that don't get frozen there is no damage to them

I've turned quite a few bandits into frozen chunks of meat thanks to it. Doesn't work that instantly on monsters btw.

Last edited:
Aard now offers COLD MAGIC ! ? :comeatmebro:
A FREEZING SPELL?

Praise the new DLC!

Ahahaha this is so awesome so awesome I can`t wait to make my Aard and Igni build in the current Witcher playthrough :D :D :D Geralt will become the best elemental mage ever!

Where is this location you tested at btw, seems like a good place to try things out. Can you mark it on the map?

It looks to me like where we find the stray wild hunt hound or White Orchard.

Yeah, the location is called Dancing Windmill near Novigrad. Do all my testing there.

Top Bottom