How does Demavend work?

+
Pardon the silly question, I'm still relatively new to Gwent...

During my last game with Northern Realms and Demavend as leader, I played Vincent Meis on the melee row. I wanted to give him an additional charge using Demavend's power, but I couldn't, Meis' card was greyed out. So I gave Demavend's bonus charge to a ballista, which worked just fine. How come I couldn't give it to Meis? Is it a bug, or am I simply missing something? Thx!

You can only give charges to units that have charges to begin with. Vincent doesn't have any charges, only an order ability.

rrc

Forum veteran
Just to give you an idea, there are three types of "Order" units.
[Please excuse my spelling on the names of the example units, but I hope you get which unit I am talking about]
1) Order unit whose order ability can be used only once - Seltkirk, Vincent, Octvist, Keadwini Revenant, etc.
2) Order units which have cooldown - Precilla, Adept, Yennifer Conjurer, Botchling, etc.
3) Order units which have Charges - Arbalist, Foltest Pride, Vyosogota, Nenekkae, Seasenthesis (Dragon), Spellweiver, etc.

Now, Demavand can give charges only to those units which have "Charge" ability. He can't help with the other two categories of Order units. Good luck with your pursuit with Demavand. He is not an easy leader to play with (with so much control going over), but when you pull it off, he is a very satisfying leader.

For new players, I would always recommend trying with Skellege. Syndicate is also equally OP, but it may be very hard for new players to try it out. But play whichever faction/leader feels like fitting your game style. Good Luck!

Top Bottom