How does Devotion work?

+
Hi there guys, I apologise in advance for barging in here and asking something non related to this specific bug but I cannot create a topic of my own since I'm new.
Can anyone confirm that the new "devotion" mechanic is working as intended ?
I played against a "monster" user and ya know, he had that new card that transforms in his deck, he had at least a couple "neutral" cards in his deck even so the "devotion" card was transformed come 2nd round.
Please tell me, has anyone noticed anything similar or is it just me ?
Thank you !😀

@judgecsk Devotion works as intended. It only triggers if you have zero neutral cards in your starting deck. The devotion part of the evolving card you are mentioning only kicks in at round 3 so the card transforming in round 2 is normal

Thanks for the swift reply man, I was so confused since he used the neutral cards in first round.
So it makes sense, since he used the neutral cards first they weren't in his deck but in the graveyard...
Damn [opponent] even ate one of em in R3, such carnage !
🤣

Last edited by a moderator:
So it makes sense, since he used the neutral cards first they weren't in his deck but in the graveyard...
Not quite right even so. If neutral cards are in your "starting" deck at all, devotion will not trigger. Even if all your neutrals are in the graveyard, devotion will not trigger. It's just that the evolving card doesn't have a devotion tag on it until after its first evolution.

Follow up question... in order to get devotion to work do I have to use the faction specific artifact that shows up when you go first? If so uggghhh what a waste of 800 ore...

Top Bottom