How does Knickers work?

+
It summons itself from the deck, like roach but under other conditions. I don't know what the exact mechanisms are, or if it is known for that matter, but apparently it will always summon itself at some point before the end of the game :shrug:
I had the impression it had more chances of summoning itself if you were behind on points but I'm not sure

Thanks for the info. I'm gona put it in some deck and then we see what happens. Knickers might suit a discard deck for a bit of extra thinning.

Because that's how card games should be played.....

Actually all cardgames are RNG unless you pick cards before playing. If you think Gwent is bad in RNG then try some online poker. :D The good thing in RNG in any cardgame is that it requires anticipation, just like in poker, for example, to anticipate betting all your money on ace queen is a stupid idea.
Post automatically merged:

Played a tester with Knickers in the discard deck and it definately summons itself. This happened in R3 with 4 cards in deck. Didn't do anything specific at that point.

Last edited:
I think Knickers appears when you have a certain number of units on the board but I'm not entirely sure.

There were no units aboard the moment it summoned, it happened at the beginning of R3 with 4 cards left in the deck. Maybe it comes out under 10 or under 5 cards???

It would be fun if we had a similar card like Knickers but then -a cat!!-

Payus

Forum regular
I've played serveral decks with Knickers, he is completely random, he can play himself after a pass too.
I like him in Discard SK and with ST if you draw him on a bad mulligan you can add some handboost, mulligan it next time and he will appear in R3 boosted at some point.
He can be super helpfull indeed, but still Rng fiesta.

He makes Lippy suck less too.

my knickers ST deck: https://www.playgwent.com/es/decks/fa0ed47dc5821d1c61c5790d8914846b
my SK one: https://www.playgwent.com/es/decks/5e2c4cfa6f05b437352ffd488beb7d2c

Guest 4336264

I think knickers work best when dropped. They can also be pulled up... Ahem, sorry, got the wrong end of the stick there... Knickers the dog... Well, it's a funny thing. In Thronebreaker, Knickers would munch cards. However, when Knickers 'raids' the battlefield in GWENT, I believe that the card does nothing more than that...

Raiding a battle field and damaging or removing a card is what I expected, but sadly it seems that Knickers is not the same as in Thronebreaker - all in all Knickers is now a bit pants as a card...

it seems that Knickers is not the same as in Thronebreaker -
Ay, he's given them the slip, as it were. . . .
1571350840992.png

If I had to guess I'd say he doesn't have a fixed summoning condition. The card probably has a different condition coded for each of the turn phases (ie turn end, opponent's turn end, round start, opponent pass etc). At least that's the impression I get since they mentioned a summoning condition which would throw people off of multiple if that were really the case. If they also ruled out rng then I'd go further and guess that later rounds have different conditions too so that they're easiest to meet.
Wouldn't think too much about it though since it could still end up being dumb pseudo rng.

Guest 4336264

If I had to guess I'd say he doesn't have a fixed summoning condition. The card probably has a different condition coded for each of the turn phases (ie turn end, opponent's turn end, round start, opponent pass etc). At least that's the impression I get since they mentioned a summoning condition which would throw people off of multiple if that were really the case. If they also ruled out rng then I'd go further and guess that later rounds have different conditions too so that they're easiest to meet.
Wouldn't think too much about it though since it could still end up being dumb pseudo rng.
I'm not sure it's worth getting your knickers in a twist over the current state of this card...

I forgot to mention the knickers + decoy combo. Once knickers is on the board, use decoy on him, 90% of the time you will pull another unit and knickers will autosummon right after. 5% (depends on your leftover cards) it will pull knick again making it a 0 point play. And 5% of the time knickers will stay on deck after you pull another unit. So make sure this happens r1 for max efficiency, r2 at latest.
Post automatically merged:

This card is really great! One of the most fun cards so far. I'll try that ST boost thing later on tonight. Here's my SK Discard deck with Knickers. Knickers also summons during the opponents turn.

https://www.playgwent.com/en/decks/guides/38437

Tried the last version of your deck a few months ago, I really liked it, gonna try your new take ;)

Last edited:
The deck doesn't win that much but it's a lot of fun playing, surprisingly it did win a match vs NG assimilate. I had to add a defender which doesn't synergize well but otherwise the damage/removal will totally whipe this deck offboard.

What exactly does Knickers do? I kinda want to craft it but I don't want to waste the scraps if it isn't worth it.

The dog is randomly called out in R1, R2 or R3 from your deck to the table.

The chance to be called out grows each round.

If Knickers did not appear during R1 / R2 it is guaranteed that the dog will come during R3.

In general: Knickers is used to shorten your deck.

Top Bottom