how does mitigation work??

+
does this mean damage is absorbed by a percent or is it a chance to dodge incoming damage? confused on this. if its absorb a high amount of mitigation would be really good i would think

Not sure :(
From the patch note :
  • Introduced 2 new stats replacing Evasion: Mitigation Chance and Mitigation Strength. Mitigation Chance determines how often the player has a chance to reduce incoming damage. Mitigation Strength determines the percentage by which damage is reduced (50% by default).
I suppose they "work" together, for example (totally wrong, just to show the relation) :
With 0% mitigation chance and 100% mitigation strength > You can absorb all of the damage but you have no chance to do it.
(A little bit like crit chance and crit damage. Useless to have high crit damages if you have no chance to do a crit).

I thought there was a base mitigation chance (10% maybe but that's a guess) and anything extra added to that, then the strength said how much was actually stopped.

I just looked at my mitigation stats ingame and I think it now works like this, you get 1% per 100 points of armour for chance, then any extra is added, the reason for this is I have 1134 armour, one item that gives 2% Mit Chance and I have a 13% mitigation chance. Not sure how strength is worked out as I have 60% and one item that's 10% (A Neofiber). I could be 100% wrong, it could be crit based.

Mitigation is the classic Damage Reduction. If the mod/skill/item stat says Mitigation chance and it's lower than 100% means is not gonna activate always. Mitigation Strength is basically how much Damage reduction you get. Example:

A top with a 30% Mitigation chance and 80% mitigation strength taking a 100 damage shot:
- 30% chance of activate and 70% of not activate.
- In case activates then 100 damage would be reduced to 20 damage.

The 30% can seem bad vs the 70% but for example let's say 5 enemies are shooting at you all at the same time. To know how much it would activate you just need to do a quick math. 30% of 100 is 30. so let's say this 5 enemies shoot 20 times at you that means the damage reduction would activate and reduce the damage of around 30 more or less of this shots (not always since this is a % and its never perfectly accurate).

Last edited:
Mitigation is the classic Damage Reduction. If the mod/skill/item stat says Mitigation chance and it's lower than 100% means is not gonna activate always. Mitigation Strength is basically how much Damage reduction you get. Example:

A top with a 30% Mitigation chance and 80% mitigation strength taking a 100 damage shot:
- 30% chance of activate and 70% of not activate.
- In case activates then 100 damage would be reduced to 20 damage.

The 30% can seem bad vs the 70% but for example let's say 5 enemies are shooting at you all at the same time. To know how much it would activate you just need to do a quick math. 30% of 100 is 30. so let's say this 5 enemies shoot 10 times at you that means the damage reduction would activate and reduce the damage of around 30 more or less of this shots (not always since this is a % and its never perfectly accurate).
Sooo it is basically RNG based damage reduction? I just dumbed it down for my monkey brain.

Sooo it is basically RNG based damage reduction? I just dumbed it down for my monkey brain.
Yeah it's RNG cause is one of the stats that can break all the difficulty. Example:

Let's say your character is about to get hit by 1.000.000 damage, let's say you also have 0 stats of everything and you just have 70% damage reduction. Your character would tank that hit and get only 300.000 damage, at level 0 with 0 stats of everything totally naked.

So that means if your character had normal armor and stats it would tank absolutely everything almost like a god all the time if there was no RNG. That's why it's RNG so you don't run around like you had godmode enabled and make your game boring in 10 minutes.

Yeah it's RNG cause is one of the stats that can break all the difficulty. Example:

Let's say your character is about to get hit by 1.000.000 damage, let's say you also have 0 stats of everything and you just have 70% damage reduction. Your character would tank that hit and get only 300.000 damage, at level 0 with 0 stats of everything totally naked.

So that means if your character had normal armor and stats it would tank absolutely everything almost like a god all the time if there was no RNG. That's why it's RNG so you don't run around like you had godmode enabled and make your game boring in 10 minutes.
You still are able to do that, because with revolver, neofiber, meat shield perk and 4 mitigation strength mods: you get 100% damage reduction with exactly 50% chance.

does this mean damage is absorbed by a percent or is it a chance to dodge incoming damage? confused on this. if its absorb a high amount of mitigation would be really good i would think
I’m hoping for an update where you redistribut of attributes since the game has drastically changed and I already have a bunch of characters who’s build has been made obsolete with the new updates

Top Bottom