How Does Morenn Work?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
How Does Morenn Work?

Card reads.

"Ambush.

Spring when a Unit appears on the opponent's side and Damage it by 5. "

Curious its interaction with Golden. I would assume it doesn't effect them. But when a gold comes into play does it flip and do nothing for does it stay hidden?

Good question. I assume it doesn't spring until there's a viable target, and a Gold unit certainly wouldn't qualify. That said, I don't think I've seen a single Ambush unit played since Open Beta. They really over-nerfed the mechanic.

it says unit, that means non golden unit, if golden cards are affected in any way, they always write it like this unit (golden included)

Morenn does NOT flip if a gold unit is played. She remains inactive (face down) until a bronze or silver UNIT card is played by the opponent.

Im uncertain if her ability or the lock ability of a locking unit (not D.Shackles) triggers first, but from experiencing other trigger cases she usually trigger before the opponents unit.

Morren stays face down until the opponent uses a silver/bronze unit.She then deals 5 damage on that unit BEFORE the deploy effect takes place.

zhiphius;n8738440 said:
Im uncertain if her ability or the lock ability of a locking unit (not D.Shackles) triggers first, but from experiencing other trigger cases she usually trigger before the opponents unit.

She triggers before the lock so she can end up killing a lot of the faction specific lock units that have less than 5 STR (actually she only doesn't kill Cleaver and Ciaran). I don't know if this was intended or not tho.

>enable lockable traps
>nerf traps to the ground
>the only lockable trap is sapper which no one uses because traps got nerfed too much

KasumiGoto;n8742580 said:
>enable lockable traps
>nerf traps to the ground
>the only lockable trap is sapper which no one uses because traps got nerfed too much

*confused*

Morenn doesn't flip over when your opponent plays a gold. She only activates when a bronze or silver unit is played.

She will also flip and do her damage before the played bronze or silver unit activates their ability so, for example; she will actually activate and kill off a wild hunt hound before it has the chance to activate biting frost.

All the above is true. When she's face down on the deck nothing affects her.
And if you're unlucky and someone never plays a unit and they pass, she is lost.... face down.

Quick tip; When you see someone play an Ambush card - best play a unit with 6 or more of strength just in case it's her.

How Does Morenn Work?

Card reads.

"Ambush.

Spring when a Unit appears on the opponent's side and Damage it by 5. "

Curious its interaction with Golden. I would assume it doesn't effect them. But when a gold comes into play does it flip and do nothing for does it stay hidden?
Im sorry but im pretty sure that is not a description for Morren

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom