How excited are we for the free PS5 upgrade?

+

Will the PS5 upgrade be worth the wait?

• Total voters
(Sorry if I posted this in the wrong place, wasn’t sure)

So! What do we think? Is the PS5 upgrade of Cyberpunk 2077 going to be the return of Night City in a blaze of glory? Or is it going to be another disaster with slow loading times and game crashes around every corner but with 4k graphics?

Or maybe there won’t ever be a PS5 upgrade. Maybe it will get cancelled? 😞😂

I already have a next-gen version of the game. I'm on PC. It absolutely fries my system.

As for the update - if it's just a legit port to PS5 and Serix, then I couldn't care less. If there's something substantial on content side - we will see.

I'm more interested in the accompanying "major" update 1.5. My main problem with CP2077 is still the endings. Until they fix them (or at least tease an expansion continuing the story), I don't really care about the next-gen update. Of course console players deserve a version that actually works, so they should at least get rid of the crashes and the bugs and implement raytracing for next-gen, but apart from that...I have dreams, but no expectations.

When it comes to next gen upgrade and 1.5 patch, one could think of every other update we got so far and set expectations. 1.2 and 1.3 patches were also labelled as "major", but not everyone was happy with what they got and they probably won't be when 1.5 will come out.
As for next gen upgrade, don't think of anything extra, it's just going to be a version of the game that is going to use the power of next gen hardware which will result in enhanced graphics, better performance. If 1.5 patch includes dlc's and other fixes, all versions of the game are likely to receive those.

The upgrade will only improve graphics and stability. Expect the game to run similar to a 2060 (I'd say mid settings with RT on or high without). Probably 30fps with ray tracing and 60 without. Resolution up to 4k (if CDPR knows how to do dynamic resolution).

Anything more than graphics and that's the important bit.

Some bugs will be fixed with 1.5 but don't expect a very polished game.

The upgrade will only improve graphics and stability. Expect the game to run similar to a 2060 (I'd say mid settings with RT on or high without). Probably 30fps with ray tracing and 60 without. Resolution up to 4k (if CDPR knows how to do dynamic resolution).

Anything more than graphics and that's the important bit.

Some bugs will be fixed with 1.5 but don't expect a very polished game.

I kinda hope they take advantage of Dualsense controls.

Year 2, and I still haven't seen a PS5 for sale in a store. It's either a pre-order, or be the first person in line on some random morning when a few show up. Same with Xbox.

So as far as I'm concerned, both consoles can take a flying leap into a cold ocean, as well as all of their games and updates. They've lost me as a customer, and I've had all of the previous versions of both consoles. But I'm done.

But for CP2077, I am looking forward to the general improvement patch that's supposedly coming along with the next-gen version. I think it will bring a lot of nice improvements to the game for PC.

Not really looking forward too anything. Think im pretty much done atleast untill DLC but only if it looks good and after reviews this time. Never again shall i preorder a game/addon/dlc/expansion! Lesson learned

So as far as I'm concerned, both consoles can take a flying leap into a cold ocean, as well as all of their games and updates. They've lost me as a customer, and I've had all of the previous versions of both consoles. But I'm done.
I'm sure it's a damn shame for Microsoft and Sony too... If they really could, there would be available everywhere :(
(it's a little bit the same problem for GPUs unfortunately... "out of stock" have never been so frequent...)

Not "excited" about PS5 upgrade (as Serie X owner), but rather on what there will certainly be in addition to the graphic update itself (which will probably concern all the platforms).

I guess part excited, part nervous. Not because I own as PS5, team PC here, but that the PS5/Xbox Series release is an opportunity for a relaunch of the game, a reset of future expectations.

If it, and patch 1.5, bring a load of improvements beyond graphics and can turn the tide of public opinion, the future of CP 2077 is all rosy. If it limps out, still with a selection of very obvious bugs, and doesn't do much to bring back players, or pick up new ones, the future of the game isn't looking very good at all.

Well, I hope it arrives on time and relatively bug-free and earns the game some praise, but I'm not excited for it at all - no PS5, no intention of getting a next-gen console.

I'll be going back to PC for this gen, Baldur's Gate 3 decided that for me already.

"It will be the same as the PS4 version but with boosted graphics quality and FPS."

I don't have a PS5, I have a Series S, but I really expect this will be what an "upgrade" means on both platforms - seems to be the case with every other game that's had a next gen upgrade. But, sadly, this game needs more than just a simple upgrade.

Very hyped! Told my friends that play on PS5 to wait for the upgrade. I just bought it again on PS5 myself (played it on PC when it released) and I have to say I’m pretty impressed. I thought there would be more glitches but the state of the game is pretty good. Although I have to say the city feels a bit dead in comparison to PC because there are way less NPCs and cars.

The late the PS5 things arrive the best it is because it mean longer life for the game... once the game will be on release on console the stop supporting clock will start to tickle...

Top Bottom