How excited are we for the free PS5 upgrade?

+

Will the PS5 upgrade be worth the wait?

• Total voters
I have had a PS5 for 8 months now and I am looking forward to another play through of CP2077 as I originally completed it on the PC. I refuse to touch the game again until the next-gen patch is released so I am really looking forward to it.

The late the PS5 things arrive the best it is because it mean longer life for the game... once the game will be on release on console the stop supporting clock will start to tickle...
With new games releasing this year like Starfield the clock on players waiting for something has been running for way too long

I'd like to replay the game, but i refuse to do so without a next gen patch first. So i guess you could say i'm pretty excited? :ROFLMAO: hopefully it'll be worth the wait

I play the game on pc but i would be grateful for the updates.
Same. Allegedly, supposedly, probably not though; We're to see some benefits from the next gen update as well. Either way - I would like to see console gamers get a break for once. They got shafted pretty goddamn hard.

Have you seen footage of the 'fixed' last gen version? One or two cars MAX on any one of the streets near V's apartment. Five NPCs tops in the market outside Misty's. Imagine being one of the people who bought the Collector's Edition Xbox... and that's what you get after A WHOLE YEAR. Imagine you don't play PC, too much hassle updating often and not many games really push the PC anyway, etc. You get yourself a PS5 or Series X, but you're stuck with the last gen version of the game. At least PC players can mod the thing and have some ability to resist the persistent downgrades, but not you. Just imagine...

Last edited:
Have you seen footage of the 'fixed' last gen version? One or two cars MAX on any one of the streets near V's apartment. Five NPCs tops in the market outside Misty's. Imagine being one of the people who bought the Collector's Edition Xbox... and that's what you get after A WHOLE YEAR. Imagine you don't play PC, too much hassle updating often and not many games really push the PC anyway, etc. You get yourself a PS5 or Series X, but you're stuck with the last gen version of the game. At least PC players can mod the thing and have some ability to resist the persistent downgrades, but not you. Just imagine...
I play on Xbox since day one on XB1x and Serie X, and I never see "Five NPCs tops", "one or two cars" :ROFLMAO:
I wonder if I play the same game than "footage" that you see...
(I already posted some screenshot where there are easily more than 60 npcs on the screen at the same time with also easily 10-15 cars...)
PS : You're not "stuck" with the last gen version, because it's a "last gen" game on console (sold like that...)

Edit : find one, posted here

Last edited:
I play on Xbox since day one on XB1x and Serie X, and I never see "Five NPCs tops", "one or two cars" :ROFLMAO:
I wonder if I play the same game than "footage" that you see...
(I already posted some screenshot where there are easily more than 60 npcs on the screen at the same time with also easily 10-15 cars...)
PS : You're not "stuck" with the last gen version, because it's a "last gen" game on console (sold like that...)

Edit : find one, posted here
Interesting... This is XB1X? Does someone here have anything from PS4/Pro they can share? I haven't seen very promising footage from PS4. Perhaps the perception of the game's state on last generation hardware is being made up. Again, I don't care personally. I just want everyone who bought the game to have the best experience possible - If it's good as is then perhaps they should stop spending so much effort on these versions and shift focus on to platforms with more promise. I'm not saying they should drop support for last gen btw, they marketed toward those units and have an obligation to continue providing service.

Interesting... This is XB1X? Does someone here have anything from PS4/Pro they can share? I haven't seen very promising footage from PS4. Again, I don't care personally. I just want everyone who bought the game to have the best experience possible - If it's good as is then perhaps they should stop spending so much effort on these versions and shift focus on to platforms with more promise. I'm not saying they should drop support for last gen btw, they marketed toward those units and have an obligation to continue providing service.
Playstation version have a lower NPCs crowd (by a lot).
The screenshot is on Serie X. But it the same on XB1x (locked to 30FPS and with some frame drops, but "almost" the same). But I have no doubt, the both version old/next will be improve by a lot in the next update :)

Last edited:
Playstation version have a lower NPCs crowd (by a lot).
The screenshot is on Serie X. But it the same on XB1x (locked to 30FPS and with some frame drops, but "almost" the same). But I have no doubt, the both version old/next will be improve by a lot in the next update :)
Sure, so the SeriesX version is not as terrible as the PS5 version outside V's apartment,.. Watching the rest of the video shows some dips during the scav 'chase' sequence. I should have clarified the footage I watched is from PS4, so my point still retains some merit. I'm going to go look for XB1 footage myself though because I'm talking primarily about last gen. That's the generation where the special edition merchandise was focused, the collector's edition Xbox, etc. As for my comment about this gen being stuck with the last gen version; It doesn't appear to be as bad as I thought.

As for your statement about some dips below 30 - that's not acceptable. I will say the game is remarkably playable around 45 frames though, even 30 doesn't feel too bad. I know because I squeeze every drop from my hardware possible with fidelity and gameplay mods.

As for your statement about some dips below 30 - that's not acceptable. I will say the game is remarkably playable around 45 frames though, even 30 doesn't feel too bad. I know because I squeeze every drop from my hardware possible with fidelity and gameplay mods.
I don't really paid attention to that, but if I remember, even on XB1x, there were very few games who allow to play in more than 30 FPS (60 FPS) and obviously, only in 1080 at max (I always played in 4K since I bough my XB1x, so locked at 30 FPS). On "base" XB1/PS4, there is no way to go highter than 30 FPS.

Both "next-gen" have some strong and weak points (rather stable FPS on PS5 but less NPCs/cars/life and not too stable FPS on Series S/X but way more NPCs/cars/life). I suppose the differences will no longer be as visible after the next-gen update. But for now, PS5 and Series S/X run a "old gen" games with only minor adjustements and FPS increased... (nothing really "next-gen").

Interesting... This is XB1X? Does someone here have anything from PS4/Pro they can share? I haven't seen very promising footage from PS4. Perhaps the perception of the game's state on last generation hardware is being made up. Again, I don't care personally. I just want everyone who bought the game to have the best experience possible - If it's good as is then perhaps they should stop spending so much effort on these versions and shift focus on to platforms with more promise. I'm not saying they should drop support for last gen btw, they marketed toward those units and have an obligation to continue providing service.
On PS5 the city is almost empty, when you drive it is literally empty, no cars or pedestrians. Also textures for ads are extremely low resolution. 60fps, many pop in, still crashes from time to time.

Everywhere, graphics have been downgraded to improve stability and frame rate on old consoles.
Kind of why I'm wondering if the game, as it is, can ever really be 'fixed'. It's not that I think they don't want to or that they didn't try; They've really built themselves into a corner the way I see it by trying to make a game that wants to do so many things in an incredibly detailed, amazingly rendered, open-world. When you do that; Something is gonna suffer.

I would have much rather had a game with outdated visuals and next-gen systems than a game with next-gen visuals and outdated systems. It's far too late for that though. It doesn't mean the downgrades don't suck. They do. The standard has been set already, so it's jarring for most people to watch it get scaled back. This has been happening on PC as well, but I would be happy if they said "hey, shit's fucked. Either we scale back the base visuals severely to make headroom for logic to process these features we teased and give you some fidelity options, or we tinker with what we have as best we can for the next year and hope it works out." That's not gonna happen, but its not hard to imagine how people would respond if it did.

Last edited:
View attachment 11277232
If this is Series X, this is pretty much what I remember from my last playthrough. If this is considered "downgraded".
Yep for sure it's on Serie X, taken by myself (so 100% sure^^).
And a detail, I run here and enter in photo mode directly (I didn't wait for NPC to spawn around me).
Anyway, I can't really talk for Playstation, all my guess/infos come from Digital Foundry on this case ;)

(and it's also possible that NPCs have been increased in 1.3+)

Top Bottom