How have you finished already?

+
How have you finished already?

I know that others spend a LOT more time playing than I do. I usually get in 4-5 hrs per day (some only 2-3) I purchased the game on release date and am still exploring Novigrad. So many side quests and "?" to explore. Every time I see postings, I grab them which add more quests.

Do people just play to say, they were the first to complete and then do the side quests? CAN you finish up side quests after main quest completion?

Thanks!

Ive finished playing through death march, now I am waiting for the hardcore mode to be released to start my second playthrough. Second time around I will be doing a completionist playthrough

I played 96 hours during the first 168 hours after launch. That was enough to finish the game, including virtually all side activities bar exploring the dinky islands in Skellige.

Yes, I no-lifed the game hard and yes, it was worth it.

I'm pretty happy with how my first playthrough turned out. This game has a lot to offer.

Attachments

• played.png
    played.png
    28.5 KB · Views: 82
I finished a playthrough on Blood and Broken Bones. 108 hours. I rushed after about 70 hours, though.

I'm going to do a 2nd Death March 100% play-through after the 16 DLC are out and some more optimization to the game is made.

You can play as you like but I'd advise to take it slow, you can still play after completing main quests. No worries.

Been playing 2 weeks straight, must have about 150h in the game, i dont know i lost count of time, i finished the game last weekend, i am still finding stuff to do.

I think i will take a break this week. need to see whats going on in the real world, who knows? the apocalypse might have started.

I know that others spend a LOT more time playing than I do. I usually get in 4-5 hrs per day (some only 2-3) I purchased the game on release date and am still exploring Novigrad. So many side quests and "?" to explore. Every time I see postings, I grab them which add more quests.

Do people just play to say, they were the first to complete and then do the side quests? CAN you finish up side quests after main quest completion?

Thanks!

A lot of people are competitive. It comes with the teritory. I think we all are in some ways. So yes, there are some who do it to say 1st! and there are others who rush through to see the main stuff and then do the side stuff after they have completed the main game.

There are so many different ways of playing, it's up to you to make your own way at your own pace, and noone will say anything against you if you take longer than some others :)

Personally, I think I must be close to 200hrs so far and still not completed the game but then I am on the other extreme. I like just mooching around, seeing what there is to see and do :)

As for the side quests... well, some you can do but some will be killed off by prior choices. I myself have already finished the skelly stuff but decided to load a prior save to the end section as I wanted to do more stuff in that area before I did that last bit, because it concerned story elements that altered other options. (trying to say without saying too much is hard work!)

Basically... some quest lines will close through other actions. Those that haven't, then yes, you can do them at any time :)

Last edited:
Honestly, I've never had a game disassociate my, normally, competitive nature in gaming as much as this game has and I'm loving it. I feel no need to push ahead to a new area with new stories and just enjoy the experience around me. Levels? What's that! While I do know my level I rarely look at it or the quest levels I'm on and just go with what's at hand and do my best to not get side tracked... of course using no GUI or map makes quests that may take other players ten minutes, or so, could take me 8 to 20 hours.

I'm more then happy just wandering around, though now after such an extended amount of time exploring Velen I'm not really wandering *lost* anymore and made it practically a "game" to assign myself a destination to find. Literally that's half my play sessions now; make it from Oxenfurt to the Inn at the corssroads to Oreton without the use of the map. Win cookie if I can do it. lol

Also lots of great stories and lore to find. This is the first game since my SSI gaming days I've been writing notes and making my own hand drawn maps.

http://prntscr.com/7cdbxi

Finished it a week after release, I believe. Been pretty much no lifing it since release day.

And yes, you can do side quests after youre done with the main quests too. Though be aware that some of the sidequests might disappear at a certain point in time during the story.

I played every day since release. I'm only level 10.

And I think I'm going too fast. I wish there was an option to disable XP. I'm doing quests from the main line, and they are level 6 or 7 now. While I am level 10 already. There's no way to do most content at the appropriate level. I wish I could. That would be more fun.

Please give us an option to freeze XP.
Even if it was only in the settings file. And you'd need to edit a line yourself (with notepad, or whatever).

Thanks for all the replies.

AND, in no way did I want to come across as meaning people have no life. Believe me, if I had more time to put toward this, I surely would. This game is not without its downfalls (a few bugs here and there) but I am not complaining. I was just wondering about completing it so quickly. It's good to know, I can go back, if there are things I may have missed. I understand that, I may not be able to do some, as the main story progresses.

One thing I am getting hooked on now...finally, is Gwent. It really wasn't explained too well and I just sort of ignored it. Now, I am going back to try and get cards that I have missed. Although, I know I cannot get the one from the first innkeeper / pub lady or The Bloody Baron.

Will I be able to go back, in my next go around (new game) and gather those cards, to add to my achievements?

I just played and every so often took breaks to sleep, it was a sad, but totally worth it part of my life, Did most side quests except Skellige ones and finished in 114hrs

I just finished the game, but I know I missed out on a lot of things. After this month I won't be able to play the game for quite a long time (anywhere from a few months to a few years), so I plan to start another game today or tomorrow.

I have to travel to NY next month so I rushed like crazy and got one of the ends.

I did a lot of things, but when I saw there is still a 70% of awarsd and so many question marks in the map I got very happy. Now I can start just doing contracts and exploring or start again at a much lower pace. I´m in love with this game.

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.jpg
    Screenshot_1.jpg
    2.5 KB · Views: 60
Finished the main quest and cleared all the "?" at Velen and Novigrad at 140hr+, and left most "?" on Skellige water to explore. Mini game wise, I have only completed the fist fight section. Got the ending where
Ciri became a witcher and I thought Geralt would then able to roam around with his daughter...but no.

Last edited by a moderator:
Finished the main quest and cleared all the "?" at Velen and Novigrad at 140hr+, and left most "?" on Skellige water to explore. Mini game wise, I have only completed the fist fight section. Got the ending where
Spoiler tags exist for a reason :/ Some of us haven't finished or know anything about any possible ending :(
..but no.

Last edited:
Top Bottom