How I Fixed My Video Crashes

+
I posted this in the crash thread but that is 60 pages long and who will read all of that. So I'm creating a topic that might help others.

I had constant crashes but I think I solved at least my crashes. First off I'm using an i5-4690 CPU, GTX 1070 video card and Win7. My crashes were where the video card graphics driver stopped and had to reset.

My crashes always happened at a mirror and sometimes randomly. This is what I did to fix that.

1) Turn ON VSync. My monitor is 60 Hz so I set it to 60.
2) I am actually running the game on High graphics except for the Mirror option which I turned to Low.
3) On the video section I set number of people to medium.
4) I run it from GOG so yes I tunred off the overlays but I really doubt that was the problem.

I am about 1/3rd of the way into Act one and haven't had a crash for hours now. And yes I'm playing with High settings, except for the mirror, and getting really good FPS.

I hope this will help others.

At first it also bombed a couple of seconds after clicking play. I used GeForce Experience and updated my NVIDIA drivers. I selected automatic update. That solved this issue and I was now able to get to the main menu.

Top Bottom