How is 1.08 compared to 1.07 and 1.06?

+

Votes: 5 19.2%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 21 80.8%

• Total voters

After 1.07 I rolled back to 1.06 because of microstuttering and performance issues as well as the Igni nerf, which was my main DPS. I haven't tried 1.08 yet, and for the next 2 months I'll be mostly offline on my gaming PC, so downloading the new patch just to roll back to 1.06 again would be a major pain in the bum.

So I have 2 major questions

- Is the microstuttering decreased and performance actually better? This question is for those who experienced drop in performance compared to 1.06. I especially appreciate any imput from i5 and/or GTX 780 users.

- Is Igni alternative mode ("flamethrower") still nerfed? I used it as my major DPS and for it's badass animation, enjoying burning fools a great deal. Being midway through the game I don't want to change my playstyle, that's reserved for new playthrough.

Any input on how 1.08 is compared to two previous patches is greatly appreciated.

Download and try it... For me personally performance is better with 1.08 but then again my Gpu is faster than yours so idk how it works with 780.

I5 / GTX 970 all ultra, hairworks 2xAA 1080p - 50-60fps. With hairworks off fps almost never drops below 60fps even in Novigrad.

My performance was at its best in 1.06.

1.08 is nowhere near as bad as 1.07, but still stutters a lot for me, especially in Novigrad. I've lost a few fps in comparison to 1.06, but gained a few in comparison to 1.07.

Yes, firestream is still nerfed to the point of being useless. However, if you're playing the game on PC you can download a fix I created for the skill. Look for it on the Witcher 3 Nexus.

If you have an AMD card you will have hitching,just google The Witcher 3 AMD hitching and you will find a fix,it did wonders for me.
And to me 1.07 and 1.08 improved performance significantly,by about 3-7FPS depending on the area,plus i have nothing on low anymore which i did before.

On xbox1, its not much better for me, I've had to start from the beginning. Damm game, i love to play it, but i hope now i can actually finish the game. Brought the game day one, not got to the end yet. Lol trying to do everything. But got stuck in one of the quests.

1.08 is great. Petformance is alot better. Even though i never had a problem with it in the first place. You definitely should download it.

Definately a good patch!
Game runs overall much smoother with 1.08 combined with win10 now. Microstutters reduced a lot also. But still I get microstutters in Novigrad and Crow's perch all the time. Even at 60 fps and no SLI.. I don't get it. It looks like lag somehow. Also the newest patch brought a new bug, because items whose itemlvl is above your own lvl are not marked red at trade Windows and chest anymore. So you can't really see if your lvl is high enough to equip it. But that's just a small thing. As far as I've seen nothing else broke. So compared to the last patches, this one is definately good and worth a try.

Last edited:
Have to pick 1.08 simply because it allowed me to finish the game, lol. Bloody Roche...

:what3: I swear it was not on purpose, master Rich.

After some testing 1.08 seems to run roughly with the same performance as 1.05 did, which is awesome. However I've lost the ability to mod the game. I'll try reinstalling the game and if the problem persists, I'll start a new thread about it. Thank you all for your input, it is greatly appreciated.

Top Bottom