How is combat not broken?

+
So this guy made a video (It's Garry the prophet :)) showing his build.. (He is playing on Very hard) All the different ways of killing things that he shows here, is exactly the issue I have with the combat.

This is a follow up from another discussion where some people said that combat weren't broken and it's about the player simply having to control themself. I ask again, watch this video and tell me how this is not broken or do people really find this fun and if you do, please explain why? (He starts to demonstrate them around 4 minutes in)

Last edited:
I'm not watching that video, but, I'll say this, the dude is level 46!

I'm playing my third playthrough on very hard and it is indeed very hard. By the time I can mass kill everyone with that contagion cyberware I will have earned it, and will bloody well enjoy it.

Uhm mass contagion fun starts way lower than level 46. While legendary version (Int 20) is nice the lvl 16 epic version does the job too. Like at lvl 11 character - you are at 16 Int if you just go min max for hacking, have enough street rep for legendary cyberdeck, you put all your perks into breech/ quickhacking and the buffs like plague and extra damage. And yeah at lvl 15 obviously you can have your legendary hacks.

But at level 11 there are also handgun builds if you min max into handgun pistol headshots you can also one-shot people in the head.

Isn't min/maxing supposed to make things easier? I mean... I get your point and I agree that we DO need some things rebalanced but...

I also like being able to have stupid OP builds :censored: I like to call it the "Diablo 3 Principle"!

Isn't min/maxing supposed to make things easier? I mean... I get your point and I agree that we DO need some things rebalanced but...

I also like being able to have stupid OP builds :censored: I like to call it the "Diablo 3 Principle"!

Yeah and that is totally fine and good. But I think every game also needs an optional difficulty mode which strains the players best "builds" and concepts and tactics to the limit.

Ziffa

Forum regular

Kinda, but at that point might aswell have an elite/boss version in every GIG world encounter, to actually being able to tank that damage.

Yeah and that is totally fine and good. But I think every game also needs an optional difficulty mode which strains the players best "builds" and concepts and tactics to the limit.

I think this is less of a problem with the build and more a problem with the passive AI right now. I'd rather they worked on making it more reactive to the situation than nerfing options to take on situations like this.

I'm not watching that video, but, I'll say this, the dude is level 46!

I'm playing my third playthrough on very hard and it is indeed very hard. By the time I can mass kill everyone with that contagion cyberware I will have earned it, and will bloody well enjoy it.
As others have mentioned you don't have to be that level to do this.

And I don't disagree with you, that you should feel stronger as you improve your character and become more badass. But in my opinion this has nothing to do with that. This is simply like playing with wallhack and the enemies just standing there unable to do anything, whether that is sniping or hacking them through the walls or headshotting them with a pistol, if its a normal pistol fair enough, because you actually need to be in line of sight with your target.
But these things renders cover and using tactic completely obsolete because you don't need it, if you can just kill them as if there were no walls.

And yes it's fun the first 5-10 times you clear enemies like this, but after that it just becomes silly and boring, and if you haven't reach that state in the game yet, I would suggest going all nuts and see if you can keep up the excitement for very long when it comes to combat.
To me it ruins the whole mechanic to just kill everything through walls, because it doesn't matter how much armor or whatever you have, as it's really easy to spot enemies with ping or through cameras or just stealth around and it takes them a long time, even if they spot you, before they actually agro you, so you can in most cases just go behind the corner or whatever and they lose interest in you.

So when you reach that state in the game, I would really like to hear if you after having done it 30+ times, still have the same excitement for it.

If you worry about his build being OPed or spoilery. Its not, I arrived at the exact same one as well and my guess is that most will, because it's in no way a special thing. It's just how weapons and hacking works in CP.

Last edited:
"So when you reach that state in the game, I would really like to hear if you after having done it 30+ times, still have the same excitement for it. "

I did, but I might be an outlier. time will tell :shrug:

This game combat is a complete joke, is super easy and there is ultimately no challenge whatsoever, everything is way too OP, I am playing on very hard and everything was a joke since the beginning, you could litterally put 0 points into anything and still will be able to kill everyone.

• Weapons do way too much damage by default, they behave like in a shooter not like in an RPG, stats don't matter at all, nor do perks, you just doo too much damage out of the box without any investment. Weapon damage needs to be tied to stats and nerfed across the board like for 1000% so there is need to invest in a stat to make the damage high.
  • Tech weapons doing damage through walls is a terrible idea, is a joke, they need to do way less damage (1000% less for anyone that hasn't invested in Tech or Engineer and up to maybe 50% normal damage at best when hitting through walls) and need heavy investment into the tech perk tree and 20 into Tech to make them viable, because they do tons of damage with no investment whatsoever. Maybe the more objects the shoot has to go through the damage needs to be lower etc.
  • Smart weapons are another joke, but they could be balanced by needing heavy investment into a stat to make them viable but the way to balance this would be to make the homing way less reliable if you have not invested in a Stat and perks to make them useable.
  • Power weapons also should do less damage by default and requiere investment in a stat.
  • Hacking right now is WAY TOO GOOD, using cameras to hack need to at least HALVE the damage you can to to people with a hack and should double the cooldown of any hack used through a camera, and HACK damage needs to be nerfed across the board and increase cooldowns across the board too.
  • There needs to be a stat to resist either Hacking completely or reduce its effects and damage, just like magic Resistance in any RPG.
  • Enemies need to use Ping on you, any enemy should be able to use Ping to find you, the player has MASSIVE advantage using ping on enemies, they need to be able to use this as soon as they detect a body and then when they find you via ping they need to go for you ASAP, if they have Tech weapons they need to start outright shooting you or if they are Hackers hacking you.
  • We need more enemy hackers and they need to be way more agressive to you, disabling everything and doing damage.
  • We need enemies with tech and smart weapons too, they most of the time only use power weapons, no, we need them to use the broken weapons on the player more frequently, it is not fair that only the player has access to this cheating weapons.
  • Detection needs to be faster, this baby mode stealth is bad, everyone takes HOURS to detect you.
  • Enemies need some sort of scaling because they start getting behind real quickly.
  • Enemies need better AI, they are waaay to passive just standing there and taking it, they make no strategy, they don't try to flank you, they are waaay to dumb.
  • Max number of healing items should be 10, WTF is that ability to carry tons of healing items? or granades?, currently my character has 99 MaxDocs on him and 99 granades, WTF is this?

This are just some ideas because combat is really bad, the difficulty is ridiculously easy and honestly anyone that says this game has not a serious issue with the balancing is outright lying.

Last edited:
"So when you reach that state in the game, I would really like to hear if you after having done it 30+ times, still have the same excitement for it. "

I did, but I might be an outlier. time will tell :shrug:
Not sure I understand you, But do you just run around and 1 shot everything through the walls as well and find it exciting or what did you mean?

So this guy made a video (It's Garry the prophet :)) showing his build.. (He is playing on Very hard) All the different ways of killing things that he shows here, is exactly the issue I have with the combat.

This is a follow up from another discussion where some people said that combat weren't broken and it's about the player simply having to control themself. I ask again, watch this video and tell me how this is not broken or do people really find this fun and if you do, please explain why? (He starts to demonstrate them around 4 minutes in)

You are free to play whatever build or weapon you want, if you don't like tech weapons shooting through walls, then don't play it, same reason i don't play smart weapons.

You are free to play whatever build or weapon you want, if you don't like tech weapons shooting through walls, then don't play it, same reason i don't play smart weapons.
Its the same argument that others use, "just don't use them" it's similar to saying you don't like mages or rangers just don't play them. Not because you as a player might not like them, but because their class is broken. It's a very poor argument, because first of all it is build into the very mechanics of the game. So you will basically remove 70-75% of the content in the game because it's broken.

Im not saying that you shouldn't be able to shoot through walls or hack enemies, or any of the other things, but it needs to be balanced in such way that it's fun and challenging for the players.

That is not an argument, educate yourself because that is not how debates are done, what you are doing and using is a THOUGHT TERMINATING CLICHE:

When you have an actual argument feel free to participate otherwise just stay silent.

Its the same argument that others use, "just don't use them" it's similar to saying you don't like mages or rangers just don't play them. Not because you as a player might not like them, but because their class is broken. It's a very poor argument, because first of all it is build into the very mechanics of the game. So you will basically remove 70-75% of the content in the game because it's broken.

Im not saying that you shouldn't be able to shoot through walls or hack enemies, or any of the other things, but it needs to be balanced in such way that it's fun and challenging for the players.
I don't mind them rebalancing stuff, but maybe other people do like the way it works, maybe they do like killing everybody through walls, this game offers such an extensive skill tree and bunch of weapons, you will find something you like.

Combat's pretty fun for me. I double jump, aim for heads, throw grenades, hide when needed - super assault ninja!

edited the wrong post and removed my reply to mobster so i'll just tldr it.

Used it frequently but not exclusively, mixed it up with katana kereznikov pistol hit and run gameplay.

was highly one shottable because i'm a fashion souls stan.

don't min max always branch into things that widen gameplay possibilities and enjoyed being able to ahve an open playstyle be viable without huge point commitments.

moderated my own difficulty and enjoyment.

Post automatically merged:

That is another fallacy, learn to debate or stay silent.
yo i think telling someone to stay silent might be a THOUGHT TERMINATING CLICHE

Last edited:
I don't mind them rebalancing stuff, but maybe other people do like the way it works, maybe they do like killing everybody through walls, this game offers such an extensive skill tree and bunch of weapons, you will find something you like.

That is why there are different difficulties, let people that want a real challenge play Very hard and people that one to keep oneshoting stuff through walls play on normal or easy.

Top Bottom