How is combat not broken?

+
I'm not watching that video, but, I'll say this, the dude is level 46!

I'm playing my third playthrough on very hard and it is indeed very hard. By the time I can mass kill everyone with that contagion cyberware I will have earned it, and will bloody well enjoy it.
exactly, what the value of argument when your caracter is almost max level ?

"I don't understand i'm level 99999 and the fight is broken...." Seriously...

Combat's pretty fun for me. I double jump, aim for heads, throw grenades, hide when needed - super assault ninja!
The reality is that if the game had any challenge you would not be able to do that, jumping around one shotting enemies like some of the videos I have found just show how bad the game balance is in general and how poor the AI is.

You could just run to their faces and shoot them and save all the jumping and granades and it will make no difference whatsoever.
Post automatically merged:

exactly, what the value of argument when your caracter is almost max level ?

"I don't understand i'm level 99999 and the fight is broken...." Seriously...

That is a strawman, the argument is that the game is badly balanced from the start, you don't need to be high level to notice the issues with the game, you could litterally not invest in any stat or combat perk and still be able to have a cakewalk on very hard, weapons alone break the game.

The reality is that if the game had any challenge you would not be able to do that, jumping around one shotting enemies like some of the videos I have found just show how bad the game balance is in general and how poor the AI is.

You could just run to their faces and shoot them and save all the jumping and granades and it will make no difference whatsoever.

The point being they had fun jumping around being a tech ninja.

The point being they had fun jumping around being a tech ninja.

The point being that it proves the game needs balancing, do you honestly believe that if the game had better balancing and better AI that would be possible?, nope, at least not on very hard.

so it needs to be rebalanced so that people can no longer play the game how they want to play it?

One mans fun is another mans boredom, one mans boredom is another mans fun

Maybe try and not preach to ppl "how can you have fun" or tell ppl how to have fun in there game an try and understand how they can and why they might.

Not every game needs to be Dark Souls an not every game should, if the developers feel like nerfing, tweaking or adding a new difficulty for all you "pro" gamers so be it, if they dont so be it, im easy whatever they decide an will continue to enjoy my time in Night City regardless

Because out of all the current problems with the game, the last thing people care about right now is combat. Which at the end of the day is still decent enough to ignore.

so it needs to be rebalanced so that people can no longer play the game how they want to play it?

That is a strawman I clearly said that should not be possible in very hard, there are other difficulties for people that want to oneshot enemies while they jump and not being hit by the poor AI.

Because out of all the current problems with the game, the last thing people care about right now is combat. Which at the end of the day is still decent enough to ignore.

considering 90% of the game's content is combat - that is 9/10 times you will be doing some form of combat and fighting as the player I would disagree. Unless you really want to play a driving sim and movie story-book.

One mans fun is another mans boredom, one mans boredom is another mans fun

Maybe try and not preach to ppl "how can you have fun" or tell ppl how to have fun in there game an try and understand how they can and why they might.

Not every game needs to be Dark Souls an not every game should, if the developers feel like nerfing, tweaking or adding a new difficulty for all you "pro" gamers so be it, if they dont so be it, im easy whatever they decide an will continue to enjoy my time in Night City regardless

Good thing there are multiple difficulties so people that want a challenge can play on very hard and others on normal or easy.

Bad thing right now very hard is a joke too so the argument here is the game needs better balanced gameplay to make this difficulties mean something, otherwiese wea re all playing on easy.

Actually, the combat seems quite a bit like the pen and paper game. In that, you might have had a chance to survive, but it was all luck of the dice.
My addition would be a mode that is basically hardcore. Everything can be one shot, but when you die, it deletes your character. Would be just like playing the pen and paper game, your character dies, you have to roll up a new one.

If you nerfed things 1000% btw, that would just heal the enemies. Either that or you'd run out of ammo trying to kill ONE enemy.

Anyways, people all play the game different ways. No one way is the right way.

I played on hard and it seemed to me like there's no real middle ground in this game. Either you are getting obliterated like a flea or you are tearing through everyone with little resistance. That initial fragility is compelling though, I will admit. Makes you think tactically. The issue of course, is that the fragility at that stage isn't ubiquitous amongst the game world. You could be killed in one shot, but it will take ten shots for someone else, even if they have the same weapon you have.

Also I really disliked the looter shooter color coded itemization. Items can be classified as "legendary" but you never actually get any of the legends surrounding these items. Sure I guess that's what "iconics" are for, but they are usually just weapons with different finishes and decals. Even Fallout 3 doesn't do this kind of stuff.

The game REALLY does need rebalancing because i lack the maturity and self discipline to NOT use all this stuff! :ROFLMAO:

@Meccanical---right there with ya on the looter shooter color coded ****.

A lot of people lie about or exaggerate their experience, but it's ok. If you're playing on very hard, certain enemies or certain areas can pretty much one shot you instantly, mini bosses, and side quests can also be very difficult. I spent a lot of time loading into checkpoints because a sniper or shotgunner blasted me into oblivion. This game would be terrible if enemies were like division enemies. Tanking 4 magazines before they die. That's lame, and wouldn't fit this game. I'm level 50 with nearly 4k armor, and I can hit 150k head shots. But that's due to my level 20 tech and component farming.

You're literally using a level 47 with stacked legendary mods and a stealth build to say the combat is broken. Once you get to a certain of progression, yes, yes it is. Hell, if you're over level 35 and still having a hard time with the game-you've done something wrong.

Last edited:
A lot of people lie about or exaggerate their experience, but it's ok. If you're playing on very hard, certain enemies or certain areas can pretty much one shot you instantly, mini bosses, and side quests can also be very difficult. I spent a lot of time loading into checkpoints because a sniper or shotgunner blasted me into oblivion. This game would be terrible if enemies were like division enemies. Tanking 4 magazines before they die. That's lame, and wouldn't fit this game. I'm level 50 with nearly 4k armor, and I can hit 150k head shots. But that's do to my level 20 tech and component farming.

You're literally using a level 47 with stacked legendary mods and a stealth build to say the combat is broken. Once you get to a certain of progression, yes, yes it is. Hell, if you're over level 35 and still having a hard time with the game-you've done something wrong.

You are using a strawman, we are not using a high level character to demonstrate the unbalanced gameplay, I made a list of things that are wrong with the gameplay balance that are not tied to level.

I have 50 hours of gameplay and not a single time I have been oneshotted and I play on very hard idk what you on about and even if that were true the fact of the matter is that even enemies oneshotting you would be not enough to compensate for all the stuff you can do to enemies like shotting through walls, using smart weapons or hacking.

This game needed 2 more years of development at least this is a joke.

(edited post for misunderstanding) these exploits could be easily fixed with a little patch.

I'm not taking this seriously, the guy just likes messing around with videogames, exploits and over-powered build, I just wanted to share this for fun.

Top Bottom