How is crafting handled in Cyberpunk?

+
I have found very little information on the crafting in cyberpunk.

Anyone out there heard anything about it or where to find said info?

What and how do you guys want to see crafting handled?

The only official mention in the
CURRENT Developer Answers to your CP 2077 Questions
is
>\Are there skills? Stats? Perks? How do they improve?

July 26/18 CP2077 Twitter: "We have Attributes like STR, REF etc. which can be raised by leveling up and Installing body cyberware; Skills, raised by successfully performing actions (Hacking, Crafting, Short Guns, Long Guns etc.); Perks unlocked with both Street Cred and XP."

The only info I was able to find was various references on video game websites. Those appear to be sourcing the information from discussions found on Twitter and/or Reddit though. So it goes without saying they should be taken with a grain of salt. I can't say I routinely visit those type of websites because... reasons. But I'll throw a few links here anyway.

I believe the first link is using a Reddit conversation as it's source while the second is going off a Twitter discussion. I checked a few others but, again, they all seem to be sourcing the comments from one of these two conversations.

To respond to your second question about how I'd like to see it handled... I guess as it is in every other similar type of game. Weapons, armor, vehicles, modifications where applicable, etc. Find stuff in the world and, assuming the character has the proficiency, manipulate it to gain an improvement somewhere.

The only part I'd add to that generalized view is integration with the engineering, or Techie, aspect of character progression. As in, a character progressing toward that end has a better ability to do this type of stuff. Primarily because it is a good way to add to the unique appeal of this particular path. The game may use a "fluid" class system but any quality RPG progression has pros, cons and differences related to pursuing any given path. A fluid system isn't mutually exclusive with these differences.

I want to be consumer, instead of producer, but damn it might be too late. Its big city, why on earth people want to produce anything.

My vision is that the ad-system is dynamic, you watch them, see something you like, click it and drive to its location or order it to your room.

Right now we really don't know.
CDPR says there are crafting elements in the game. What they are and how they're implemented :shrug:

I want to be consumer, instead of producer, but damn it might be too late. Its big city, why on earth people want to produce anything.

Because they like to produce, and if the game will let them, they will do it, play the role the way they like and enjoy it ;-)

I personally like to collect crap from the game world and use it for my benefit which leads me to crafting. I'd like crafting to be some sort of solution to keep up with all the guys using that high tech expensive stuff while I am short of cash.

Because they like to produce, and if the game will let them, they will do it, play the role the way they like and enjoy it ;-)

I personally like to collect crap from the game world and use it for my benefit which leads me to crafting. I'd like crafting to be some sort of solution to keep up with all the guys using that high tech expensive stuff while I am short of cash.

For me its massive bummer if I have to start crafting in the middle of the biggest metropolis. I want to RP and go to nearest whore house.

For me its massive bummer if I have to start crafting in the middle of the biggest metropolis. I want to RP and go to nearest whore house.

All depends on what role you want to play. Crafting may also be a part of role someone else would like to play.

It will work like playing with legos at different ages below 10. The ”older” you get, the more ”complex” figures you can build. You will never fail, but some things you just can not ever achieve at the age of five than you can at six. So to speak. You probably need schematics/recipes too. Perhaps there’s also a small minigame involved.

That’s what I’m betting.

I would hope that, as per how skills and dices work in 2020, while really easy stuff will always succeed and really hard things you can’t even try before getting better, there was still a chance to fail an attempt to craft something. That it is not guaranteed you can grind craftables to your hearts content without a worry in the world. It won’t of course, because people hate how RPG’s work, too complicated if the results are not clear and binary, abd dicerolls are iiiiinfuriating to boot, but I still hope...

IMHO, it should be based off of how good a character's tech skills are. Some things should be pretty easy to make: "shivs", Molotov's and the like. On the other hand, modifying existing firearms should vary in difficulty depending on what is changed.

Thanx for all your responses!
Post automatically merged:

I'll be running as a corpo techie. Come and find me when you want something crafted :ok:

Last edited:
Top Bottom