How is the Threat Detector supposed to work in-game?

+
Hi, I think I'd like a new thread because I can't find an existing one covering this question. Can't create one myself because I'm a brand new user.

How is the Threat Detector supposed to work in-game?

I'm playing CP2077 v1.2 on PC and I've recently ditched my cyberdeck for a legendary sandevistian OS. I'm enjoying the bullet-time but one thing I miss is being able to use the Ping quick-hack to discover the enemy positions before I engage them. The biggest thing which kills me right now is getting shot in the back because I missed an enemy and ran past them.

To (try) and mitigate that I installed the Threat Detector ocular modification. I was expecting it to have a very similar result to Ping but it seems very unreliable. I've often found myself battling enemies who aren't highlighted. I can't find a consistent pattern to "when threat detector highlights them and when it doesn't". How is it supposed to work? Does it not actually highlight every enemy who has seen you? Are there limitations which aren't documented in the mod description?

Are my experiences a bug in the game or have I just misunderstood what the threat detector was supposed to do? I can't find any videos on the web demonstrating what I should expect from the threat detector.

Top Bottom