How is this game after 2 months still unplayable and with visual features still broken, bugs?

+
Straw-man all over the place.
Q: Why post if you have not read my posts and inform yourself of what i write and therefore did, to respond in an informed manner? :facepalm:
I never said i wanted to play the game at 4k .
The video i did its at 1080p low.
Enjoy.

I repeat i want to play the game at 1080p at somewhat acceptable performance 20-30 FPS.

Q: It's that to much to ask?

Also i did that benchmark on those game at 4k to show the big discrepancy. That's all.
Most of those game i play at 2k. Some at 4k.

The 580 is in a similar category to the 2070, which is what I'm using at 1080p with a solid 60 fps having everything maxed out. The only feature I don't use is raytracing because it doesn't offer enough of a benefit to make it worthwhile. Having said that, if your framerate really is that bad with all the settings turned down it suggests there's something else wrong with your setup.

Edit: You have the 4gb version which is significantly worse. Even though your machine is above the minimum specs(barely), those are basically "run the game at middle framerates at lowest settings without crashing". Also you don't state which kind of hard drive you are using.

Last edited:
The 580 is in a similar category to the 2070, which is what I'm using at 1080p with a solid 60 fps having everything maxed out. The only feature I don't use is raytracing because it doesn't offer enough of a benefit to make it worthwhile. Having said that, if your framerate really is that bad with all the settings turned down it suggests there's something else wrong with your setup.
The rest of the games run flawlessly.

I have Ryzen 1700 8 core 16 threads
I have XFX RX 580 GTS XXX Edition 4GB
I have Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO White 16GB DDR4 3200MHz CL16 Dual Channel Kit
I have Seasonic M12II-520 EVO Edition Bronze, 520W
I have Asus PRIME B350-PLUS(bios 5602)
Components are not some cheap one. But from respectable brands.

Q: What would be wrong?

I did so much debugging and try things is beyond belief.
Update windows, bios for mobo, graphics card drivers.
Overclocked GPU. Used XMP on RAM.
Reinstalled Windows 10. Tweaked few windows settings.
Disable antivirus, overlays.
Used ConfigOverhaulCyberpunk.
Used realisticdrivinexperience1.5 mod for better driving.
Used Climate change cyberpunk 2077 thinking with more fog over city i would get better performance. No more rendering distant things.
Put CPU on high priority in task manager while gaming.
I put all settings on low, crowd density on low. Resolution 1080p. Tried even medium settings thinking lower settings would bottleneck too much the CPU. Still no improvement. But there was no bottlenecking. CPU was having low usage and GPU 100 % usage.
Reduced FOV to min in hopes having to render lesst would result in better performance.

Q: How is similar RTX 2070 with RX 580?

Q: What cpu, ram, storage, windows do u have?

um, well...You are not going to like this, but I suggest you try win 7 and use the graphic settings I posted in my first post in this thread.

This is my game Win 7, gtx 970 4gb:

My settings:
Texture Quality: HIGH
Film Grain: OFF
Chromatic Aberration: OFF
Depth of Field: OFF
Lens Flare: OFF
Motion Blur: OFF
Contact Shadows: ON
Improved Facial Lighting Geometry: ON
Anisotropy: 4x
Local Shadow Mesh Quality: HIGH
Local Shadow Quality: medium
Cascaded Shadows Range: LOW
Cascaded Shadows Resolution: MED
Distant Shadows Resolution: HIGH
Volumetric Fog Resolution: LOW
Volumetric Cloud Quality: OFF
Max Dynamic Decals: HIGH
Screen Space Reflections Quality: OFF
Subsurface Scattering Quality: HIGH
Ambient Occlusion: LOW
Color Precision: MED
Mirror Quality: low
Level of Detail (LOD): LOW

And it looks fine AND no game stopping bugs except for the dam mirrors:

photomode_24012021_175024.png

Report Edit

um, well...You are not going to like this, but I suggest you try win 7 and use the graphic settings I posted in my first post in this thread.

This is my game Win 7, gtx 970 4gb:

My settings:
Texture Quality: HIGH
Film Grain: OFF
Chromatic Aberration: OFF
Depth of Field: OFF
Lens Flare: OFF
Motion Blur: OFF
Contact Shadows: ON
Improved Facial Lighting Geometry: ON
Anisotropy: 4x
Local Shadow Mesh Quality: HIGH
Local Shadow Quality: medium
Cascaded Shadows Range: LOW
Cascaded Shadows Resolution: MED
Distant Shadows Resolution: HIGH
Volumetric Fog Resolution: LOW
Volumetric Cloud Quality: OFF
Max Dynamic Decals: HIGH
Screen Space Reflections Quality: OFF
Subsurface Scattering Quality: HIGH
Ambient Occlusion: LOW
Color Precision: MED
Mirror Quality: low
Level of Detail (LOD): LOW

And it looks fine AND no game stopping bugs except for the dam mirrors:

photomode_24012021_175024.png

Report Edit
Q: Can u show fps and other things in msi afterburner in the pic?
Want to make a comparison.
Q: What cpu, ram, storage do u have?
Q: Any tweaks or mods?

Q: How much difference its between win10 and win7?
Q: IS win7 still supported by Microsoft?

Q: Can u show fps and other things in msi afterburner in the pic?
Want to make a comparison.
Q: What cpu, ram, storage do u have?
Q: Any tweaks or mods?

Q: How much difference its between win10 and win7?
Q: IS win7 still supported by Microsoft?

Dude, I am just trying to help. Know what? you are on your own...

Dude, I am just trying to help. Know what? you are on your own...
Q: Why are u mad? LOL.
I am just trying to get to the bottom of this.
Having fps and cpu usage gpu usage is helping.
Your specs. Would help.
Knowing the difference between windows is valuable info. If it is really a significant difference.
Q: Why get triggered over some simple questions?

Q: Why is everybody getting triggered for asking detailed info and detailed pics? :facepalm: :shrug:

I don't understand what's so hard to understand that this game is not optimized and it's behind production and developement.

Is it fair? No. Can you do something about it? No.

So i REALLY don't understand why are you still ranting about an unfinished unoptimized mess like this game is. Like i said, you either accept it and play to whatever fps you can play with, or you simply wait atleast another year. There's no other solutions to your problem. Coming here and keep ranting about other games running better doesn't solve anything. It doesn't make devs fix the games faster, it doesn't make your pc magically play with smoother fps.

It's like you're posting just for the sake of ranting/posting. I understand your frustrations. I am one of those people that would love to play a finished and optimized program, just like you. But this isn't it, jack. Nothing me and you can do about it.

I don't understand what's so hard to understand that this game is not optimized and it's behind production and developement.

Is it fair? No. Can you do something about it? No.

So i REALLY don't understand why are you still ranting about an unfinished unoptimized mess like this game is. Like i said, you either accept it and play to whatever fps you can play with, or you simply wait atleast another year. There's no other solutions to your problem. Coming here and keep ranting about other games running better doesn't solve anything. It doesn't make devs fix the games faster, it doesn't make your pc magically play with smoother fps.

It's like you're posting just for the sake of ranting/posting. I understand your frustrations. I am one of those people that would love to play a finished and optimized program, just like you. But this isn't it, jack. Nothing me and you can do about it.
SpookyFX does not agree with you. He says he has a solution then he bails with no reason.

Q: Why are so you mad too with me? :facepalm:

Im not mad at you. Im frustrated about your stubborness of not accepting what the sad reality of this game is.

If there is someone im mad at it's CDPR for releasing what could've potentially be one of the best games that has ever been created, in this state.

Im just trying to make you accept the reality of what things are, as sad as this reality is. Simple as that. Im not trying to tell you you should be happy about getting 20 fps, nor that there is a magical fix out there that will make you play at a smooth 60fps and you're doing something wrong.

Im not mad at you. Im frustrated about your stubborness of not accepting what the sad reality of this game is.

If there is someone im mad at it's CDPR for releasing what could've potentially be one of the best games that has ever been created in this state.
I am getting 14 fps or less outside. Not 20. 20 would be somewhat ok.
I never tried to infringe on nobody freedom. They could praise all day the game.

Q: Why is everybody keeps trying to infringe on mine?

I am stubborn by nature. :cool:

Because we (atleast i, i didn't bother reading all the posts in this thread) told you what the reality of this game is nowadays.

If we (again atleast i) tell you "nothing you can do about it really, you just have to hope they actually fix the mess" it's not trying to "infringe your freedom". It's telling you that no matter what, no matter the rants, no matter the "i can run x way better" no matter all the other things that have been said in this thread, it won't make you run cyberpunk 2077 better.

Infringing your freedom would be banning you for saying the game runs at 20,14,18,32, whatever unacceptable fps on your pc you're getting. Not telling you "nothing you can do about it, so either take it or leave it for now".

If someone takes a huge shit at your porch it is indeed an option to return the favor. Does it change things? Does it feel better afterwards anyway?

Because we (atleast i, i didn't bother reading all the posts in this thread) told you what the reality of this game is nowadays.

If we (again atleast i) tell you "nothing you can do about it really, you just have to hope they actually fix the mess" it's not trying to "infringe your freedom". It's telling you that no matter what, no matter the rants, no matter the "i can run x way better" no matter all the other things that have been said in this thread, it won't make you run cyberpunk 2077 better.

Infringing your freedom would be banning you for saying the game runs at 20 fps on your pc. Not telling you "nothing you can do about it, so either take it or leave it for now".
I have been called toxic, troll, not knowing to tweak a pc.
People getting triggered why i post or why make the thread or simply by asking for detailed pics.
I have not insulted anyone in this thread.

If someone takes a huge shit at your porch it is indeed an option to return the favor. Does it change things? Does it feel better afterwards anyway?
Passivity leads to hunger games societies.
Its a no go in my book. :cool:
Post automatically merged:

You're IN MY OPINION, just validating their point at this point of the thread.

Do i think you're toxic for wanting a better game? No. Do i think "enough is enough"? Definetly.

The more you post, the more you're validating what they have called you, just saying. But hey, you're free to do whatever you want within the limit of the forum's rules... who am i to judge.
Q: So i am getting toxic for what? Asking for detailed pics, correcting people who say incorrect things about me without insulting?
It does not make any sense.
Q: But the people who called me different things, making ad hominem are not toxic?
I have not made any single ad hominem in this thread. Not one.
Common. :facepalm:

I think the OP is trolling. I've been playing on max settings since day 1 and the game runs fine, and I don't have an RTX 3090 or anything.
Off course it must be my fault. The game its perfect.
I had two crashes in 1 hour today to flat-line error. I had hundreds of crashes in my play.

Here proof:
flatline1.png

flatline2.png

I posted video with the performance.
Game its running at 14 fps outside and 23 fps indoors.
Here:

I posted a pic with the performance of my brother pc which is even more ridiculously bad.

Going bellow 10 fps.
Here:
fpscyber.png

I posted pics showing things like texture not loading. Game looking so bad.
Here:
CROPW.png

Q: This must be all imaginary, huh? :facepalm:

The game is running just fine, it looks good and does not crashes. I must be seeing things. Common.

You dissmis my compelling evidence without any argument.

Q: But I or the others should believe you when you offer no evidence just make a claim? What kind of logic is this?:shrug:

Sir I would not be mad at CDPR and the game if things were ok.
I have bought all their Witcher games.
I have even bought two figuriness they made with Dark Horse(Gerald and Wild Hunt)
I have bought Cyberpunk 2077 Day one. I went to the store and stayed in line.
I even bought Xbox One Controller Cyberpunk Limited Edition.
I was a fan of CDPR because of their games and was looking for to play another good game from them.
IMG_20210212_095404.jpg

The same with my brother.

Even if it runs ok on your pc it does not mean it necessarily needs to run ok on my pc and my brother's pc.
The game its clearly unfinished, unoptimissed, broken. It was removed from Sony store. That really happened.

My pc is as follows:
Ryzen 1700 + RX 580 + 16 GB 3200 Mhz Ram + SATA SSD.

My brother's pc is as follows:
Intel i5 6400 + Gtx 1060 3gb + 8 GB Ram + SATA SSD.

Look I am not saying it does not run ok on your pc.

Q: What pc do u have?

Show me how good it runs on your pc.

Attachments

• fpscyber.png
    fpscyber.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 53
  • fpscyber.png
    fpscyber.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Are u telling me you consider God of War 2018, Last of games and rest bad games. Have u even play them?
Please expand.

1. It is a fact the game launched in a bad state bugs, glitches and errors(flatline error-many could not launch the game, save game bug, animation glitches - t posing, facial asychronities, clipping, genitals clipping through clothing ,textures not loading, texture popping, flickering, frequent crashes, performance going down with gameplay time, bugged implementation of SSR making the game grainy, left joystick moves on its own on ps4, during cutscenes assets on characters would load considerably late, NPCs look like abstract paintings, car on crashes would get stuck in the car it crashed into, blurry image, falling into the map and so one). 70% of this bugs, glitches have encountered myself and have not played that much.

2. Its an objective fact they hyped the game as being and I quote: “We believe that having a world you can interact with and which reacts to your presence is a key part of a good open-world experience,” Tost said. “Dynamic environments ultimately serve to fulfill that promise exactly: they help to enhance your immersion, the game world to become more alive and believable, and — what’s especially important when it comes to Cyberpunk 2077 — add a whole different level of weight and grit. Combat becomes that much more vicious too, enhancing the feeling of a world shrouded in violence and danger. Given all that, let me just say that we’re working hard on making sure that our environments look just as good when they’re untouched as when they’re getting blown up, without sacrificing the performance.”
https://gamingbolt.com/cyberpunk-20...etting-freedom-of-choice-side-quests-and-more

Yet the AI(Npc’s roaming the world, police System) is moronic, brain dead, either barely or badly reacting.
Police officers spawn at your location like they’ve been teleported Star Trek style, then when your're finished, just run a few blocks away and they'll vanish back to their Enterprise, that quick and easy.

You could shoot at a trashcan and a dozen NPCs will all simultaneously go into a crouch position in sync right in front of you. They all give you the same generic witty/sassy comment when you try to talk to anyone and they all walk aimlessly on a predetermined path.

Barely brushing your shoulder against a police officer while waking and suddenly everyone was on your ass for no logical reason.

You stand on the road, blocking all cars in the lane, and none of the NPC is going to do nothing about it. All of them will just stare at you. None will try and drive around, run you over etc. For example if you stand in front of a line of cars GTA, they’ll wait about 5 seconds before individually running you over.

You can steal any object you find in the world without anyone reacting to it.

GTA San Andreas, Gothic had better AI. RDR2 in terms of AI humiliates this game.

Q: A world you can interact too?! You can’t even sit down.

You can’t customize, change your appearance later in the game, can’t customize your car, you can’t pickpocket NPCs, no games you can’t do much of anything.

3. It is an objective fact that CD Project Red handed out only PC copies(they did not issue any review codes for console) for review and disallowing reviewers from using any of their own gameplay footage. (one example YonYea:
)
DreamcastGuy story is very telling too.
4. It is an objective fact that CD Project Red themselves admitted they tried to hide the gameplay on base consoles from gamers: "First of all," reads the statement, "we would like to start by apologizing to you for not showing the game on base last-gen consoles before it premiered and, in consequence, not allowing you to make a more informed decision about your purchase.”

5. It is an objective fact that the Ps4 gameplay trailer does not contain Ps4 gameplay footage but pc gameplay footage.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rViiAA3qs50

6. It is an objective fact that my pc, my brother pc(and many older pcs) and consoles run at subpar framerate(10-20, 20-30 FPS) even through was advertised it would run playable framerate through syst req table and statements.
“Do you think the current-gen consoles can pull off that kind of NPC count and that level of fidelity as seen in the demo?
Looking at the games released at the beginning of this generation and comparing them to some of the absolutely amazing looking recent titles, we can see quite an astonishing difference. Devs are a resourceful bunch — we figure out new and better ways of using and optimizing tools we work with all the time“

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4WaCu1CQ0o
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5pHpQqhmR4

7. Imagine Crysis 3 with Raytracing.
Would embarrass this game.
The presentation, visually without raytracing its bad.

8.The weather is a joke in Cyberpunk. Raining is bugged. The drops are weird. It's like it's drawed. It's falling to slow.

9.What'up with the water? It looks awful.

10. Clothing selection and customization of appearance is a joke comparing with Saint Row.

11.The shooting is clunky. Rage 2 humiliates this game and its a mediocre game.

12.The looter shooter mechanics are boring. You change your items more often then you blink. Loot its meaningless. And you look ridiculous. Like a clown.

13.The rpg elements are either weak or non-existent(customization, open world activities-minigames, the dialogue choices are sparse, not nearly as diverse as options in Fallout: New Vegas ). (cough changing the game to action adventure)

14. Driving is bad. Had to use a mod to be able to drive ok.

Yeah whats up with texture not loading. It looks so bad.
The SSR its clearly broken.
The game looks also blurry. My eyes bother me.

I haven't posted nothing in a month. What are u talking about?

1. You must be extremely unlucky. Me and few of friends have around 800 hours in this game combined. No major bugs all the time (like attention seeking reviewers claim sometimes) and even if they happened quick reload solved the issue.

2. So... GTA V drivers running pedestrian over because he was blocking them is realistic then? I can only laugh xD

3. And?

4. Yes. And?

5. Releasing this game on old consoles was a mistake. Their hardware is subpar, requires commitment, time and money to make it work comparable to even below average PC. It was a mistake.

6. Maybe your PCs are simply horrible? Some of my friends played on relatviely cheap gaming laptops and game worked for them just fine.

7. So CP2077 is not the best looking game in history of the whole industry. Literally unplayable.

8. Seriously? Size of droplets is now an issue?

9. Could look better.

10. Sims has more than SR. Does that means that SR sucks now?

11. It's not cluncky. What does it even mean? You can't hit anything, headshots are hard?

12. No? I run with two same guns of past 25 levels. Just upgraded them constantly. Loot I gatherallows that.

13. Why do people keep comparing parts of CP2077 to games that had this part done in the most amazing way ever and get angry when CP is not better? CP2077 has to be The Best at everything? Shooting worse than in Arma (or COD if you preffer), dialogues worse than in Planescape Torment, skill trees smaller than in Path of Exile, strategy elements worse than in Gary Grisbis War in the East, driving worse than in Forza... And so on. Yes, RPG could be better, but it doesn't mean it's horrible. You compared it to FNV. Remember how horrible shooting was in FNV? How buggy it was due to the outdated engine? Animations and graphics like in 2006 etc. Does it mean FNV is horrible game? God, no!

14. Drive ok - you mean what? Not hitting things? Learn to drive then, because it is extremely easy.

1. You must be extremely unlucky. Me and few of friends have around 800 hours in this game combined. No major bugs all the time (like attention seeking reviewers claim sometimes) and even if they happened quick reload solved the issue.

2. So... GTA V drivers running pedestrian over because he was blocking them is realistic then? I can only laugh xD

3. And?

4. Yes. And?

5. Releasing this game on old consoles was a mistake. Their hardware is subpar, requires commitment, time and money to make it work comparable to even below average PC. It was a mistake.

6. Maybe your PCs are simply horrible? Some of my friends played on relatviely cheap gaming laptops and game worked for them just fine.

7. So CP2077 is not the best looking game in history of the whole industry. Literally unplayable.

8. Seriously? Size of droplets is now an issue?

9. Could look better.

10. Sims has more than SR. Does that means that SR sucks now?

11. It's not cluncky. What does it even mean? You can't hit anything, headshots are hard?

12. No? I run with two same guns of past 25 levels. Just upgraded them constantly. Loot I gatherallows that.

13. Why do people keep comparing parts of CP2077 to games that had this part done in the most amazing way ever and get angry when CP is not better? CP2077 has to be The Best at everything? Shooting worse than in Arma (or COD if you preffer), dialogues worse than in Planescape Torment, skill trees smaller than in Path of Exile, strategy elements worse than in Gary Grisbis War in the East, driving worse than in Forza... And so on. Yes, RPG could be better, but it doesn't mean it's horrible. You compared it to FNV. Remember how horrible shooting was in FNV? How buggy it was due to the outdated engine? Animations and graphics like in 2006 etc. Does it mean FNV is horrible game? God, no!

14. Drive ok - you mean what? Not hitting things? Learn to drive then, because it is extremely easy.

Cyberpunk is bad/mediocre at almost all things.

Q: Have u played any good games sir?

Gothic 1,2, Vampire Bloodlines, Kotor 1,2, Witcher 1,2,3; Stalker Shadow of Chernobyl, RDR 1,2; God of War 2018, Last of US 1,2; Elder Scrolls Morrowind, Dragon age Origins, 2; Mass effect 1,2; Fear 1,2; Max Payne 1,2; Mafia 1,2; Uncharted Series; San Andreas; Doom series; Battlefield 3; Call of Duty MW; Bioshock series; Half Life 1,2; Diablo 1,2; Empire Earth; Warcraft 3; Amnesia; Deus Ex series; Soma; Pathologic; Cry of Fear; Enderal; Fallout 1,2, New Vegas; Portal; Hitman Codename 47, 2, Contracts; Splinter Cell Chaos Teory,Blacklist; Dishonored; , Thief 1,2,3; Prince of Persia The Sands of Time , Warrior Within, The Two Thrones; Star Wars Jedi Knight : Jedi Academy ; Risen ; Crysis 1,2,3; Metro series; Dead Space; Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth; Syberia 1,2,3; Batman Arkham Asylum; Resident Evil 1,2,3; Dreamfall:The longest journey and many other are much better games.

All this games excel although not at all but at many things. That is the big difference.

The problem it was hyped as the next coming of Jesus and then they delivered a turd.

Lying and bad advertising its not k sir in my book.
It may be k in yours.

If at least was not this broken and could play i might not have said much.

Last edited:
Yeah I have a theory that lower end PC (win 7) with the right settings can run the game better then the high end with high settings.

Lot of taxing systems are not "called upon" like Direct X 12

But I am just guessing...
im not sure about that
i like to watch the madqueen show, she has a more powerful pc than me and the footage looks pretty smooth

Cyberpunk is bad/mediocre at almost all things.
Have u played any good games sir?
Gothic 1,2, Vampire Bloodlines, Kotor 1,2, Witcher 1,2,3; Stalker Shadow of Chernobyl, RDR 1,2; God of War 2018, Last of US 1,2; Elder Scrolls Morrowind, Dragon age Origins, 2; Mass effect 1,2; Fear 1,2; Max Payne 1,2; Mafia 1,2; Uncharted Series; San Andreas; Doom series; Battlefield 3; Call of Duty MW; Bioshock series; Half Life 1,2; Diablo 1,2; Empire Earth; Warcraft 3; Amnesia; Soma; Pathologic; Fallout 1,2, New Vegas; Portal; Hitman Codename 47, 2, Contracts; Splinter Cell Chaos Teory,Blacklist; Dishonored; , Thief 1,2,3; Prince of Persia The Sands of Time , Warrior Within, The Two Thrones; Star Wars Jedi Knight : Jedi Academy ; Risen ; Crysis 1,2,3; Metro series; Dead Space; Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth; Syberia 1,2,3; Dreamfall:The longest journey and many other are much better games.
The problem it was hyped as the next coming of Jesus and then they delivered a turd.
Lying and bad advertising its not k sir in my book.
It may be in yours.
If at least was not this broken.
there are pretty good games in that list but nothing comes close to cyberpunk imho.
i value an engaging story and interesting characters above anything else, and that is where cp shines.

not sure what you mean by "broken", i havent encountered any game braking bugs in my 300 hours of play.
i read there were some bugs that prevented players from progressing the story but afaik those were fixed in a matter of days.
i was able to complete every single side quest on my first playthrough shortly after release, cant say that about any bethesta game you listed here.

if fallout 2 or new vegas were released today people in this forum would be furious about all the cut content.

Last edited:
Top Bottom