How is this game after 2 months still unplayable and with visual features still broken, bugs?

+
I don't understand how I can have such low fps and crashes, bugs, textures not loading after 2 months of patches, fixes applied, which were supposed to fix issues relating performance and bugs. It's been 2 months since release. :facepalm:

Q: Has CDPR turn like EA, Activision, Bethesda now?:shrug:

I can run games like Crysis Remaster 2020 (Raytracing HIGH) and Hitman 3 2021 (SSR HIGH-which is not broken like in cyberpunk) at HIGH Settings, resolution ~ 4k/4k with 23-38/43 FPS but I cannot run this joke of a game at 1080p low, SSR OFF, crowd density low at somewhat playable FPS(20-30).
Also games like Metro Exodus 2020, The Outer Worlds 2019, Death Stranding 2020, Doom Eternal 2020, Red Dead Redemption 2 2020 all run HIGH Settings, resolution ~ 4k with 20-30/35/47 FPS.

How can Hitman 3 look so good, clear, detailed, reflection are superb but this joke so hidious. It's like I need glasses. Its like a game from ps3 era.
Hitman 3 images 1080p:
hitman_1080p_03.png

hitman_1080p_01.png

hitman_1080p_02.png

Cyberpunk 2077 images 1080p:
cyberpunk_1080p_02.png

cyberpunk_1080p_01.png

cyberpunk_1080p_03.png

CROPW.png

Q: Is anyone else still having major issues on PC? Or is it just me?

Last edited:
That's because the game is behind ATLEAST one year from full development. So a bunch of patches (more like hotfixes, we only got one real patch so far, 1.1 if you exclude the day 0 one) ain't gonna fix it. You either accept it or come back in a year like many of us are doing. Another viable options is to hope modders will fix things quicker than the dev itself bethesda style, considering (atleast i believe it was?) the official toolmod was released a few days ago.

You're pretty much playing an early access version right now. Not an actual one ofc, but sort of.

That's because the game is behind ATLEAST one year from full development. So a bunch of patches (more like hotfixes, we only got one real patch so far, 1.1 if you exclude the day 0 one) ain't gonna fix it. You either accept it or come back in a year like many of us are doing. Another viable options is to hope modders will fix things quicker than the dev itself bethesda style, considering (atleast i believe it was?) the official toolmod was released a few days ago.

You're pretty much playing an early access version right now. Not an actual one ofc, but sort of.
Q: So today we purchase games full price: Batman Arkham Knight, Fallout 76, Anthem, No Man Sky, Cyberpunk 2077 to play them a year later?

Most pc games are a joke this day. Either broken, unfinished, full of dlc-patches, pay-wall, loot boxes or boring ones or both.

Q: Are u having major issues with the game on pc?

Q: So today we purchase games full price: Batman Arkham Knight, Fallout 76, Anthem, No Man Sky, Cyberpunk 2077 to play them a year later?

Yes, its now the nature of the beast. It should be no surprise to gamers any longer that the business has turned this way. If you think about it, you can call it our fault...the players eat content in one sitting on average, devs having to pump things out to keep you busy even faster, their superiors breathing down their backs to get it out besides the issues that havent been dealt with. We are beta testers because we made ourselves that. It will be this way from now on. Accept it or find another hobby.

Most pc games are a joke this day. Either broken, unfinished, full of dlc-patches, pay-wall, loot boxes or boring ones or both.

Read above again.

No, im not. The game still looks and plays fine for me. Small things here and there but i move on.

If it comes to technical issues my main complaint (I own GTX 1080) is really bad implementation of SSR: all the surfaces look very grainy. It completely ruins my visual impressions sometimes. I keep SSR on because the game looks much worse (flat) without it.

This is a very well known problem for many players and I have no idea why it is still present. Perhaps it will not be fixed at all. :(

And I also have the problem that is clearly visible in the last shot - although the game is installed on some fast SSD the high quality textures on not-so-distant cars are loading way too late and I am able to notice it (especially if I turn around very quickly).

The game is a beta version. As said, it need a year (at least) more of development.

While I get the disappointment and frustration, complaining one after the other with a thread every three days won't speed up the development process.

Seriously people, how do you expect some global improvements in 2 months? That is obviously impossible, and speaking of past gen consoles, I doubt it will ever work in a decent way even with all patches.
As far as I know, refunds are allowed for every platform no matter of the time spent in game, so the best you can do is ask for refund and wait for a better times

Because you have an old configuration, after 1.1 I have better performance (and no t-pose in the car), but I have an RTX and i can play with max settings with ray tracing in 1440p.

Stop hating please, with 4 gb of VRAM what do you aspect? simply the game runs how it have to run if you use those settings

I suggest:

- keep low/medium settings

-Turn off shadows/cascading shadows

-Crowds: medium/low etc.

-(anyway it's still very hard play properly this game with your GPU/CPU and the settings doesn't match the visual during gameplay)

watch this video and stop doing "sensationalism"

Last edited:
Comparing PC gaming performance between games which use different engines, different coding types/structures, file structures and formats, and were coded by different groups of people who were meeting different quality and time requirements; is kind of like saying my Toyota runs great so why doesn't my Ford.

I'm not discounting your performance issues. There have been widespread reports similar to yours--so it's a definite, and very aggravating issue for some.

CP has run fine on my rig since day one, and looks great. 65-85 FPS @ Ultra settings (DOF, MB, RTX turned off) @ 2K/144Hz rez.

Given the depth of the issues you describe, and the innumerable CP issues on multiple platforms CDPR is working on I agree with Fuse_00.

Hope I'm wrong, and things get better sooner for you.

A: Pretty much. That's today's AAA game industry standard. Not trying to defending it one bit, but it is what it is.

A: No, but i also have a current gen pc, graphic's card aside (ryzen 5900x, 32gb of ram, a 5700xt). You have an old gen pc (a 1700 and a 580 are like what, 4 years ago hardware?), and altho it might run other games fine (i honestly wouldn't consider fine all the video you posted, to me personally, anything below 40 is unplayable but i get why you did that, you were trying to show you could run games in 4k better than cp2077 at 1080p low settings).

Again, the bottomline is that this game clearly wasn't ready on launch. So the engine is as of now fundamentally broken (there are videos out there showing graphics settings literally not working or not having any changes from off/low to high/ultra). I wouldn't expect anything change from the next 1.2 patch neither tbh. As i said, i truly believe this game won't be "ready" for another year atleast, bare minimum 6 months from today.

Do i believe this game will be brought to a decent playability standards for most hardware? Yes. Altho i've been let down from CDPR, i know this game will be a no mans sky 2.0. That doesn't mean im excusing them in any way, im just saying that im definetly positive this game will be up to standards in a year.

The choice is yours. Keep ranting about it, or just let it go and come back to it in a year. Me and you really can't do anything about it. It's out of our hands.

Last edited:
Because you have an old configuration, after 1.1 I have better performance (and no t-pose in the car), but I have an RTX and i can play with max settings with ray tracing in 1440p.

Stop hating please, with 4 gb of VRAM what do you aspect? simply the game runs how it have to run if you use those settings

I suggest:

- keep low/medium settings

-Turn off shadows/cascading shadows

-Crowds: medium/low etc.

-(anyway it's still very hard play properly this game with your GPU/CPU and the settings doesn't match the visual during gameplay)

watch this video and stop doing "sensationalism"

4gb seems to be fine in the rest of the games at even 4k, no stutter.

Q: How do u explain the 4gb seems to be fine at 4k in RDR2, Hitman 3, Doom Eternal and all the other new games?

The syst req of the game says you need 3gb minimum. So spare me. I have 4gb.
Q: Did you even watch the video i posted?:facepalm:

I run the game at 1080p low , crowd density low.
The guy is running cas 80% 1080p?
He could be playing 720p.
Post automatically merged:

Yes, its now the nature of the beast. It should be no surprise to gamers any longer that the business has turned this way. If you think about it, you can call it our fault...the players eat content in one sitting on average, devs having to pump things out to keep you busy even faster, their superiors breathing down their backs to get it out besides the issues that havent been dealt with. We are beta testers because we made ourselves that. It will be this way from now on. Accept it or find another hobby.

Read above again.

No, im not. The game still looks and plays fine for me. Small things here and there but i move on.
There is no excuse for releasing unfinished games.
I don't expect paying for possible future things.
I expect to buy what was advertised.
You fool me once(lie to me) next i wont buy any game from you.
I no longer buy games form EA, Ubisoft, Activision, Bethesda.
It seems i might do the same with CDPR.

They did not even bother to answer my support tickets i made in 4 and 8 january.

And to think i bought all the witcher games. :giveup:
supportticket.png

Last edited:

I LOL'D so hard considering Sony, MS and Nintendo all hide behind subscriptions services to include games nobody played in the first place. Plays and looks great on my laptop. Maybe its just not the right game for you.

the players eat content in one sitting on average
That's been going on since gaming started. It takes two years to make a average movie. We finish it in under 2 hours. Consuming speed is never gonna change. Making a buggy product is not the fault of all gamers. It's more of the fault of select people not caring. It's why EA still survives on releasing sports games yearly and makes billions. A section of gamers don't care. Not everyone does this. And a lot of the people who trusted CDPR as the last bastion of hope. Will never again trust game companies moving forward.

A: Pretty much. That's today's AAA game industry standard. Not trying to defending it one bit, but it is what it is.

A: No, but i also have a current gen pc, graphic's card aside (ryzen 5900x, 32gb of ram, a 5700xt). You have an old gen pc (a 1700 and a 580 are like what, 4 years ago hardware?), and altho it might run other games fine (i honestly wouldn't consider fine all the video you posted, to me personally, anything below 40 is unplayable but i get why you did that, you were trying to show you could run games in 4k better than cp2077 at 1080p low settings).

Again, the bottomline is that this game clearly wasn't ready on launch. So the engine is as of now fundamentally broken (there are videos out there showing graphics settings literally not working or not having any changes from off/low to high/ultra). I wouldn't expect anything change from the next 1.2 patch neither tbh. As i said, i truly believe this game won't be "ready" for another year atleast, bare minimum 6 months from today.

Do i believe this game will be brought to a decent playability standards for most hardware? Yes. Altho i've been let down from CDPR, i know this game will be a no mans sky 2.0. That doesn't mean im excusing them in any way, im just saying that im definetly positive this game will be up to standards in a year.

The choice is yours. Keep ranting about it, or just let it go and come back to it in a year. Me and you really can't do anything about it. It's out of our hands.
A. What are you talking about? Hitman 3, Death Stranding, RDR2, Resident evil 3 Remake all AAA games run fine(optimized), are polished games(very few bugs if any, finished) and very good ones(good gameplay, AI, story).
It can be done. CDPR just follow suit after EA, Activision, Bethesda being greedy.
I bet this game will be bad even after another 4-5 months.
Your point about my hardware its rendered moot by the fact the i can run new games like RDR2, Death Stranding, Metro Exodus, Hitman 3 at 4k at more frames then Cyberpunk. It is just very bad optimised. The game looks bad on 1080p low-medium settings. Metro and Hitman look better.

I LOL'D so hard considering Sony, MS and Nintendo all hide behind subscriptions services to include games nobody played in the first place. Plays and looks great on my laptop. Maybe its just not the right game for you.
I LOL's so hard considering I played all Sony great single player games (LAst of US 1 and 2, God of War 2018, Bloodborne, Ratchet & Clank, Days Gone, Shadow of the Colossus , Last Guardian, Spider-Man, Until Dawn, Uncharted Series(4 games)) on PS4 pro no subscription. Zero money i gave to Sony for monthly subscription.
The games were very good in terms of story, gameplay, AI, polished, finished.
And looked great on my 4k HDR TV. :cool:

Last edited:
A. What are you talking about? Hitman 3, Death Stranding, RDR2, Resident evil 3 Remake all AAA games run fine(optimized), are polished games(very few bugs if any, finished) and very good ones(good gameplay, AI, story).

I LOL's so hard considering I played all Sony great single player games (LAst of US 1 and 2, God of War 2018, Bloodborne, Ratchet & Clank, Days Gone, Shadow of the Colossus , Last Guardian, Spider-Man) on PS4 no subscription. Zero money i gave to Sony.
The games were very good in terms of story, gameplay, AI, polished, finished.
And looked great on my 4k HDR TV. :cool:

See those are good to you. it is all subjective and individual. I have had very little issues with 2077 since release day. As have millions of other players. See to me, God of War, Ratchet and Clank, Spider Man, Days Gone. I have zero interest in and think they look awful in artwork, style and rehased boring game design that offers nothing new. They aren't for me. But I certainly don't crap on other peoples likes and complain just becuse a game im not happy with or like doesn't suit me. it simply solves nothign and is not going to change the pace or way that CDPR works on the game.

See those are good to you. it is all subjective and individual. I have had very little issues with 2077 since release day. As have millions of other players. See to me, God of War, Ratchet and Clank, Spider Man, Days Gone. I have zero interest in and think they look awful in artwork, style and rehased boring game design that offers nothing new. They aren't for me. But I certainly don't crap on other peoples likes and complain just becuse a game im not happy with or like doesn't suit me. it simply solves nothign and is not going to change the pace or way that CDPR works on the game.
Are u telling me you consider God of War 2018, Last of games and rest bad games. Have u even play them?
Please expand.

1. It is a fact the game launched in a bad state bugs, glitches and errors(flatline error-many could not launch the game, save game bug, animation glitches - t posing, facial asychronities, clipping, genitals clipping through clothing ,textures not loading, texture popping, flickering, frequent crashes, performance going down with gameplay time, bugged implementation of SSR making the game grainy, left joystick moves on its own on ps4, during cutscenes assets on characters would load considerably late, NPCs look like abstract paintings, car on crashes would get stuck in the car it crashed into, blurry image, falling into the map and so one). 70% of this bugs, glitches have encountered myself and have not played that much.

2. Its an objective fact they hyped the game as being and I quote: “We believe that having a world you can interact with and which reacts to your presence is a key part of a good open-world experience,” Tost said. “Dynamic environments ultimately serve to fulfill that promise exactly: they help to enhance your immersion, the game world to become more alive and believable, and — what’s especially important when it comes to Cyberpunk 2077 — add a whole different level of weight and grit. Combat becomes that much more vicious too, enhancing the feeling of a world shrouded in violence and danger. Given all that, let me just say that we’re working hard on making sure that our environments look just as good when they’re untouched as when they’re getting blown up, without sacrificing the performance.”
https://gamingbolt.com/cyberpunk-20...etting-freedom-of-choice-side-quests-and-more

Yet the AI(Npc’s roaming the world, police System) is moronic, brain dead, either barely or badly reacting.
Police officers spawn at your location like they’ve been teleported Star Trek style, then when your're finished, just run a few blocks away and they'll vanish back to their Enterprise, that quick and easy.

You could shoot at a trashcan and a dozen NPCs will all simultaneously go into a crouch position in sync right in front of you. They all give you the same generic witty/sassy comment when you try to talk to anyone and they all walk aimlessly on a predetermined path.

Barely brushing your shoulder against a police officer while waking and suddenly everyone was on your ass for no logical reason.

You stand on the road, blocking all cars in the lane, and none of the NPC is going to do nothing about it. All of them will just stare at you. None will try and drive around, run you over etc. For example if you stand in front of a line of cars GTA, they’ll wait about 5 seconds before individually running you over.

You can steal any object you find in the world without anyone reacting to it.

GTA San Andreas, Gothic had better AI. RDR2 in terms of AI humiliates this game.

Q: A world you can interact too?! You can’t even sit down.

You can’t customize, change your appearance later in the game, can’t customize your car, you can’t pickpocket NPCs, no games you can’t do much of anything.

3. It is an objective fact that CD Project Red handed out only PC copies(they did not issue any review codes for console) for review and disallowing reviewers from using any of their own gameplay footage. (one example YonYea:
)
DreamcastGuy story is very telling too.
4. It is an objective fact that CD Project Red themselves admitted they tried to hide the gameplay on base consoles from gamers: "First of all," reads the statement, "we would like to start by apologizing to you for not showing the game on base last-gen consoles before it premiered and, in consequence, not allowing you to make a more informed decision about your purchase.”

5. It is an objective fact that the Ps4 gameplay trailer does not contain Ps4 gameplay footage but pc gameplay footage.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rViiAA3qs50

6. It is an objective fact that my pc, my brother pc(and many older pcs) and consoles run at subpar framerate(10-20, 20-30 FPS) even through was advertised it would run playable framerate through syst req table and statements.
“Do you think the current-gen consoles can pull off that kind of NPC count and that level of fidelity as seen in the demo?
Looking at the games released at the beginning of this generation and comparing them to some of the absolutely amazing looking recent titles, we can see quite an astonishing difference. Devs are a resourceful bunch — we figure out new and better ways of using and optimizing tools we work with all the time“

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4WaCu1CQ0o
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5pHpQqhmR4

7. Imagine Crysis 3 with Raytracing.
Would embarrass this game.
The presentation, visually without raytracing its bad.

8.The weather is a joke in Cyberpunk. Raining is bugged. The drops are weird. It's like it's drawed. It's falling to slow.

9.What'up with the water? It looks awful.

10. Clothing selection and customization of appearance is a joke comparing with Saint Row.

11.The shooting is clunky. Rage 2 humiliates this game and its a mediocre game.

12.The looter shooter mechanics are boring. You change your items more often then you blink. Loot its meaningless. And you look ridiculous. Like a clown.

13.The rpg elements are either weak or non-existent(customization, open world activities-minigames, the dialogue choices are sparse, not nearly as diverse as options in Fallout: New Vegas ). (cough changing the game to action adventure)

14. Driving is bad. Had to use a mod to be able to drive ok.

If it comes to technical issues my main complaint (I own GTX 1080) is really bad implementation of SSR: all the surfaces look very grainy. It completely ruins my visual impressions sometimes. I keep SSR on because the game looks much worse (flat) without it.

This is a very well known problem for many players and I have no idea why it is still present. Perhaps it will not be fixed at all. :(

And I also have the problem that is clearly visible in the last shot - although the game is installed on some fast SSD the high quality textures on not-so-distant cars are loading way too late and I am able to notice it (especially if I turn around very quickly).
Yeah whats up with texture not loading. It looks so bad.
The SSR its clearly broken.
The game looks also blurry. My eyes bother me.

The game is a beta version. As said, it need a year (at least) more of development.

While I get the disappointment and frustration, complaining one after the other with a thread every three days won't speed up the development process.
I haven't posted nothing in a month. What are u talking about?

Last edited:
"Unplayable"

Looks at 325 hours in, not one crash and still loving it. LOL!
What pc do u have?
I am talking about pcs at and slightly above minim req and sometimes even at recommended.

Q: Why should i believe u? Just saying so does not make it so. Sorry. No offense.
Empty claims without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

I can too say i am an immortal vampire or that i have 1 billion dollars. Do u just believe me?

You need to run at least 2K resolution for this game to look nice because of the awful antialiasing implementation and you need max settings as well. Anything less makes everything look like playdough in a dimly lit room. And looks is all this game has going for it so if your computer isn't on the high-end might as well refund it.

You need to run at least 2K resolution for this game to look nice because of the awful antialiasing implementation and you need max settings as well. Anything less makes everything look like playdough in a dimly lit room. And looks is all this game has going for it so if your computer isn't on the high-end might as well refund it.
I bought physical box physically from store. I go to store to return it?

Top Bottom