How is this game after 2 months still unplayable and with visual features still broken, bugs?

+
Seriously people, how do you expect some global improvements in 2 months? That is obviously impossible, and speaking of past gen consoles, I doubt it will ever work in a decent way even with all patches.
As far as I know, refunds are allowed for every platform no matter of the time spent in game, so the best you can do is ask for refund and wait for a better times
I doubt the CE is refundable :/ I never buy these because they are so expensive, but i still regret not getting it for Witcher 3. And dumb as i am, thinking CDPR was genuine PRO gamers, i tried my luck with cyberpunk. Many regrets.

Because you have an old configuration, after 1.1 I have better performance (and no t-pose in the car), but I have an RTX and i can play with max settings with ray tracing in 1440p.

Stop hating please, with 4 gb of VRAM what do you aspect? simply the game runs how it have to run if you use those settings

Absolutely great and informative video. I did as he suggested a few weeks ago then tweaked up a few settigns. No issues at all. I think everyone should watch this.

The game definitely has issues. But you are comparing Hitman screenshots in a closed room with outdoor CP2077 screens with essentially unlimited draw distance and a billion structures to render. Look at some indoor shots of CP2077 on high settings and it's amazing. In fact so are the outdoor scenes (if you ignore the hideous LOD pop-ins).

Playing essentially the latest, most taxing game available on old hardware is always going to lead to tears. I have an i7-9700k clocked @ 5Ghz, RTX 3080, and 32GB of RAM, and the game is stunning. RT Ultra with DLSS Quality, and turning off huge frame hogs like screen space reflections (not really needed with RT anyway). It only drops to 60fps in city center in the middle of the day with huge numbers of NPCs & vehicles, 90% of my time is 70-80fps with a 55fps 1% low.

I don't know because I stopped playing. Completed all content I could find, and even with nearly 200 hours of gametime I am disappointed I have no motivation to play currently. Maybe I'm so used to offline games, but even Fallout 4 I continued to play longer than 1 month......

Cyberpunk illumination is more complex, rich and beautiful in higher settings than the one on hitman.

The problem of your screenshots is the undersampling of the renderer and the LOD of the stuff on screen, not your fault or anyone besides them. Its just an unpolished work, at least.

CDPR schedule appart, if you remember crysis, nobody could run it, but it became legendary because, over time, higher graphics settings became available to everyone. I think that is the way to go for good games.

as DavinF statet, the problem is there's nothing under the shell. Bugs and graphics can be patched later, but an empty shell is that: empty.

You comparing different games does not work.

You're showing games that are not rendering large open world's with a high density of buildings, people, cars, signs, with lighting and shadowing taking place on all of these objects at the same time. All these objects, are also using a very high fidelity texturing unlike some of the games you have mentioned.

There's also no way to tell, if your PC setup is optimized properly.
Just a video card, does not instantly mean you can play every game without problems.
What kind of hard drive you have? What is the speed and quality of your memory chips?
And what is the refresh rate of your monitor? Even your video card can be listed here because they are not all made the same some are cheap some quality, when it comes to the memory they use.

And how old is your CPU, and what is its speed? What operating system updates do you have? And has your bios ever been updated?

Computers are not plug in and play like consoles, they are machines that need to be maintained and their components optimized to work together.

Anyone that makes a post claiming the game runs like crap,
should look at their own PC first. And consider the things I mentioned above.

No game breaking bugs, no graphic problems, no crash to desktops.
100 plus hours.

R-11 Alienware computer fully loaded.
And the new Alienware 27 inch 240Hz monitor, with a Alienware RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard. Along with a Alienware gaming mouse, and Alienware headphones. If you would like to see my computer you can look under {show your rig} in the general category.

they were too quick. Their chief wanted the game to go out when the game team said the game wasn't ready. so the chief is the one to blame for being too quick, put a blind eye on the game team, money greed and stressed the game team to rush things out. in fact the images you are currently seeing in Cyberpunk2077 is something else as the UI and stuffs wasn't supposed to look like that and this. so lots of things wasn't even finished.

What pc do u have?
I am talking about pcs at and slightly above minim req and sometimes even at recommended.

Q: Why should i believe u? Just saying so does not make it so. Sorry. No offense.
Empty claims without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

I can too say i am an immortal vampire or that i have 1 billion dollars. Do u just believe me?

I have no need to make things up.

My #1 is keeping a very clean PC. I don't even install GeForce Experience.

My #2 is I image my clean Windows installs, and then re-image every so often. I push all installs and 'My Folders' to other hard drives so I do zero damage when I easily re-image my C drive in less than 5 minutes.

#3 is my build when I build a PC. Your machine will only be as good as it's worst significant component, be it motherboard, CPU, GPU, RAM amount, PSU, and anymore whether you use an SSD or not.

Because of these things I have been able to run every flogged new release well enough to enjoy it. Arkham Knight and AC Unity, for two examples. Your PC becomes more and more like a highway getting more and more traffic on it over time. You may delete something but the registry doesn't forget. My conclusion for this game is the dirtier your system is, or underpowered, will directly relate to this game struggling because they got really ambitious with how many different sub-routines are going on. It's why even people on PS4 may not be able to run it at all or can quite enjoyably. System age and dead cars stranded on the road, blocking the flow of traffic.

If you've ever re-imaged an old build or just re-installed windows on an old build you've seen how much faster everything pops. That's what I'm talking about. That same slowed down machine is the same one you're trying to run this game on.

*Hardware* - Nothing fancy, Just solid.
1080ti
i7-6700
32gb RAM (overkill, I know)
4 SSDs with an HDD for bulk storage and everything non-gaming.
ASRock Z170 Extreme4 motherboard
1200 Watt - Corsair AX1200i (again, overkill, but after popping a PSU during a game once I go high)
Windows 10

EDIT: Running at 3440 x 1440 on a ASUS 35” 21"9 (ROG Strix XG35VQ)

Last edited:
Cyberpunk illumination is more complex, rich and beautiful in higher settings than the one on hitman.

The problem of your screenshots is the undersampling of the renderer and the LOD of the stuff on screen, not your fault or anyone besides them. Its just an unpolished work, at least.

CDPR schedule appart, if you remember crysis, nobody could run it, but it became legendary because, over time, higher graphics settings became available to everyone. I think that is the way to go for good games.

as DavinF statet, the problem is there's nothing under the shell. Bugs and graphics can be patched later, but an empty shell is that: empty.
They lied about sys req.
If the minimum graphic would be rtx 2060 I for example would not bought the game and not complain.

I hope that all of you with game-breaking issues get what you need soon. I have had about 3-4 crashes since launch but only AFTER I downloaded the hot fixes. Otherwise, I also haven't had any issues and my video card is so old that I cannot do any ray tracing etc,...I look forward to the time that all (or most anyway) bugs are truly fixed and hopefully some stuff added in (IF they decide to do it) that deals with character creation, being able to change hairstyles while in game and all that woohoo stuff. So I am just holding tight and STILL haven't put this game off to the side since it came out. I still can use all High/Ultra/Psycho settings and run it. So not too shabby. I look forward to the day I will be able to upgrade my video card to see the real inner beauty of this game. Oh. Here's a slightly snicker-worthy (if that) uuhh glitch? I have had this happen where a corpse's arm will be really outstretched like this one. Or half an arm wiggling in place in an upright position. I'm the type of person who will give the creators a chance and usually will stick with their game(s) (provided I can get into the story...if something doesn't grab me almost right off from the start, I won't play but maybe try again later) through everything bugs and all. So far, not un-playable. Thankfully! Oh and I have gotten myself stuck in cars while on my bike. Soooo 2 months and it is still not that bad for me. *wondering if I'm counting chickens....*

photomode_10022021_112510.png

I am running the game with gtx 970! 4gb
I get around 60 FPS most of the time. My guess it has to do with how the game memory is being accessed. I have tools like Priority Master (and other system controls like mem leak tools, Sys timer tools and such that made my older games run MUCH better) that sets the game to Windows 7 high Priority.

But it turns out these make this game run BADLY with lots of glitches! Turn those "helpers" OFF let the OLD win 7 systems run as they would have 10 years ago and the game runs great!

My settings:
Texture Quality: HIGH
Film Grain: OFF
Chromatic Aberration: OFF
Depth of Field: OFF
Lens Flare: OFF
Motion Blur: OFF
Contact Shadows: ON
Improved Facial Lighting Geometry: ON
Anisotropy: 4x
Local Shadow Mesh Quality: HIGH
Local Shadow Quality: medium
Cascaded Shadows Range: LOW
Cascaded Shadows Resolution: MED
Distant Shadows Resolution: HIGH
Volumetric Fog Resolution: LOW
Volumetric Cloud Quality: OFF
Max Dynamic Decals: HIGH
Screen Space Reflections Quality: OFF
Subsurface Scattering Quality: HIGH
Ambient Occlusion: LOW
Color Precision: MED
Mirror Quality: low
Level of Detail (LOD): LOW

And it looks fine AND no game stopping bugs except for the dam mirrors:

photomode_24012021_175024.png

and speaking of past gen consoles, I doubt it will ever work in a decent way even with all patches.
I will keep repeating myself... I'm on base PS4 mainly and I have virtually no issues that are game breaking of. any. kind.
The extend of my experience ever since 1.1 is a car dropping from the ceiling once in a blue moon.

[Edit] To stay on topic, while I have only a few hours in, I've not come across any issues with game performance on PC either

Last edited:
I will keep repeating myself... I'm on base PS4 mainly and I have virtually no issues that are game breaking of. any. kind.
The extend of my experience ever since 1.11 is a car dropping from the ceiling once in a blue moon.
I'm on Xbox One X, so not exactly first generation but middle one. I started playing with game version day 1. and finished my first playthrough with 1.06. There were crashes, but with 1.06 those happened very rarely. I had 100% completion for areas but for Pacifica. After 1.1 patch one NCPD mission near stadium appeared on map and after completing that achievement for 100% completion achievement for Pacifica unlocked.

What I have been reading from these forums, severe issues like certain phone call and like that, have all been issues across all platforms.

Are u telling me you consider God of War 2018, Last of games and rest bad games. Have u even play them?
Please expand.

1. It is a fact the game launched in a bad state bugs, glitches and errors(flatline error-many could not launch the game, save game bug, animation glitches - t posing, facial asychronities, clipping, genitals clipping through clothing ,textures not loading, texture popping, flickering, frequent crashes, performance going down with gameplay time, bugged implementation of SSR making the game grainy, left joystick moves on its own on ps4, during cutscenes assets on characters would load considerably late, NPCs look like abstract paintings, car on crashes would get stuck in the car it crashed into, blurry image, falling into the map and so one). 70% of this bugs, glitches have encountered myself and have not played that much.

2. Its an objective fact they hyped the game as being and I quote: “We believe that having a world you can interact with and which reacts to your presence is a key part of a good open-world experience,” Tost said. “Dynamic environments ultimately serve to fulfill that promise exactly: they help to enhance your immersion, the game world to become more alive and believable, and — what’s especially important when it comes to Cyberpunk 2077 — add a whole different level of weight and grit. Combat becomes that much more vicious too, enhancing the feeling of a world shrouded in violence and danger. Given all that, let me just say that we’re working hard on making sure that our environments look just as good when they’re untouched as when they’re getting blown up, without sacrificing the performance.”
https://gamingbolt.com/cyberpunk-20...etting-freedom-of-choice-side-quests-and-more

Yet the AI(Npc’s roaming the world, police System) is moronic, brain dead, either barely or badly reacting.
Police officers spawn at your location like they’ve been teleported Star Trek style, then when your're finished, just run a few blocks away and they'll vanish back to their Enterprise, that quick and easy.

You could shoot at a trashcan and a dozen NPCs will all simultaneously go into a crouch position in sync right in front of you. They all give you the same generic witty/sassy comment when you try to talk to anyone and they all walk aimlessly on a predetermined path.

Barely brushing your shoulder against a police officer while waking and suddenly everyone was on your ass for no logical reason.

You stand on the road, blocking all cars in the lane, and none of the NPC is going to do nothing about it. All of them will just stare at you. None will try and drive around, run you over etc. For example if you stand in front of a line of cars GTA, they’ll wait about 5 seconds before individually running you over.

You can steal any object you find in the world without anyone reacting to it.

GTA San Andreas, Gothic had better AI. RDR2 in terms of AI humiliates this game.

Q: A world you can interact too?! You can’t even sit down.

You can’t customize, change your appearance later in the game, can’t customize your car, you can’t pickpocket NPCs, no games you can’t do much of anything.

3. It is an objective fact that CD Project Red handed out only PC copies(they did not issue any review codes for console) for review and disallowing reviewers from using any of their own gameplay footage. (one example YonYea:
)
DreamcastGuy story is very telling too.
4. It is an objective fact that CD Project Red themselves admitted they tried to hide the gameplay on base consoles from gamers: "First of all," reads the statement, "we would like to start by apologizing to you for not showing the game on base last-gen consoles before it premiered and, in consequence, not allowing you to make a more informed decision about your purchase.”

5. It is an objective fact that the Ps4 gameplay trailer does not contain Ps4 gameplay footage but pc gameplay footage.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rViiAA3qs50

6. It is an objective fact that my pc, my brother pc(and many older pcs) and consoles run at subpar framerate(10-20, 20-30 FPS) even through was advertised it would run playable framerate through syst req table and statements.
“Do you think the current-gen consoles can pull off that kind of NPC count and that level of fidelity as seen in the demo?
Looking at the games released at the beginning of this generation and comparing them to some of the absolutely amazing looking recent titles, we can see quite an astonishing difference. Devs are a resourceful bunch — we figure out new and better ways of using and optimizing tools we work with all the time“

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4WaCu1CQ0o
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5pHpQqhmR4

7. Imagine Crysis 3 with Raytracing.
Would embarrass this game.
The presentation, visually without raytracing its bad.

8.The weather is a joke in Cyberpunk. Raining is bugged. The drops are weird. It's like it's drawed. It's falling to slow.

9.What'up with the water? It looks awful.

10. Clothing selection and customization of appearance is a joke comparing with Saint Row.

11.The shooting is clunky. Rage 2 humiliates this game and its a mediocre game.

12.The looter shooter mechanics are boring. You change your items more often then you blink. Loot its meaningless. And you look ridiculous. Like a clown.

13.The rpg elements are either weak or non-existent(customization, open world activities-minigames, the dialogue choices are sparse, not nearly as diverse as options in Fallout: New Vegas ). (cough changing the game to action adventure)

14. Driving is bad. Had to use a mod to be able to drive ok.
Post automatically merged:

Yeah whats up with texture not loading. It looks so bad.
The SSR its clearly broken.
The game looks also blurry. My eyes bother me.
Post automatically merged:

I haven't posted nothing in a month. What are u talking about?

I was so mad because because all those things you mentioned, so mad at myself that I preordered for the first time in my life and that I cannot refund my retail copy... I stopped playing after 15 hours and removed the game from my PC. I already feel better...

I was so mad because because all those things you mentioned, so mad at myself that I preordered for the first time in my life and that I cannot refund my retail copy... I stopped playing after 15 hours and removed the game from my PC. I already feel better...

LOL, your avatar says it all.

Had no issues at 1440p with a 1070, looked much better than the video you provided, everything on high with reflections off, but I haven't touched the game in a while and have no idea what 1.12 is like.

What was your performance like before 1.12?

Off topic, but can your 580 seriously run Hitman 3 and Metro at 4k 30fps? That's genuinely impressive, I'd honestly expect a 4GB card to close to desktop at that rez.

P.S comparing Cyberpunk to other games is difficult because of the way it streams assets and absurd size of the world/assets on screen. Closest comparison would probably be Spider-Man but that's exclusive to a fixed hardware machine and has some of the worst non-proximity LOD I've ever seen.

God of War, TLOU2, even Crysis 3 and RDR2 are bad comparisons due to linear design and/or limited visual scope, regardless of graphical fidelity.

Cyberpunk definitely has some ways to go in terms of optimization though.

You don't seem to be getting what people are saying so I'll make it real simple.

Your hardware wasn't even cutting edge 4 years ago. That would be an i7 and a GTX 1080ti.

Your videocard has 4MB of RAM. They recommend 6!
Recommended gets you "high" settings @ 1080p at most likely locked 30fps.
Most would assume this to be perfectly playable.
So, you should be playing this at medium to low settings, and if I were you. I would be going to texture options
at the main menu before continue your campaign and set it to medium or even low. You don't have enough VRAM to
be playing this on high or having any setting at high. You're 2GB short.

Top Bottom