How is this game after 2 months still unplayable and with visual features still broken, bugs?

+
I have asked myself these questions and after taking some time to step back I believe I've figured it out. Much of the gaming world was confused when Adam Badowski spoke of the game getting 9's and 10's because it was as if we were experiencing multiple realities.

9's and 10's.png

Knowing all the issues from having played the game since launch and hearing that an extremely flawed and early access game got 9's and 10's leads the gamer to one of two things, either A.) the game is amazing (contrary to personal hands on experience) or B.) the game is disaster and at the very least multiple renowned gaming outlets are completely fraudulent.

For me it's obviously B and I think I've figured something else out, I think I know why those several renowned gaming outlets and Badowski gave the game 9's and 10's. In the same way, I don't think Adam Badowski was being disingenuous and refusing to acknowledge the obvious when he mentioned the game getting 9's and 10's rather I believe that they (Badowski and the renowned gaming outlets) knew the game was a disaster and were using the appropriate measuring scale to rate the game.

The Richter Scale
download.jpg
1.gif

When using the same ratings scale as the renowned gaming outlets and Adam Badowski it all makes complete sense.

Now Adam Kicinski said, that hackers attack will slow the delivery of future content, so don't expect any patches or DLC soon, folks :howdy:

Interview

I don't understand how I can have such low fps and crashes, bugs, textures not loading after 2 months of patches, fixes applied, which were supposed to fix issues relating performance and bugs. It's been 2 months since release. :facepalm:
Q: Is anyone else still having major issues on PC? Or is it just me?

Yeah right, tons of issues, utterly unplayable. Here's one screenshot from my side:

1613001739380.png

I don't understand how I can have such low fps and crashes, bugs, textures not loading after 2 months of patches, fixes applied, which were supposed to fix issues relating performance and bugs. It's been 2 months since release. :facepalm:

Q: Has CDPR turn like EA, Activision, Bethesda now?:shrug:

I can run games like Crysis Remaster 2020 (Raytracing HIGH) and Hitman 3 2021 (SSR HIGH-which is not broken like in cyberpunk) at HIGH Settings, resolution ~ 4k/4k with 23-38/43 FPS but I cannot run this joke of a game at 1080p low, SSR OFF, crowd density low at somewhat playable FPS(20-30).
Also games like Metro Exodus 2020, The Outer Worlds 2019, Death Stranding 2020, Doom Eternal 2020, Red Dead Redemption 2 2020 all run HIGH Settings, resolution ~ 4k with 20-30/35/47 FPS.

How can Hitman 3 look so good, clear, detailed, reflection are superb but this joke so hidious. It's like I need glasses. Its like a game from ps3 era.
Hitman 3 images 1080p:
View attachment 11172518
View attachment 11172521
View attachment 11172524

Cyberpunk 2077 images 1080p:
View attachment 11172533
View attachment 11172527
View attachment 11172530

View attachment 11172536

Read your spec, unfortunately for you the min-max specs that they advertised are all over the place. I would suggest to drop it to medium quality and setting on off a couple of effects. Set crowd density to low just to be sure ( you won't lose much, just some zombies here and there ).
Game works for some, can't even start for someone else, no matter how expensive and powerful the rig is. If you are still getting problems don't worry much, the game is that unstable and is not your fault.

WOW!
I played 150 hours up to level 50 with street cred 50 maxed equipment and finished the endgame don't fear the reaper.
I would love to keep playing with my same character, but I have no more things to do in my world except buy cars and I will not be doing that. :rolleyes:

I am curious what have you been doing for the extra 444 hours?!!!

I guess you played multiple characters and did several different endings huh? That is just not my thing. I may just go driving around the badlands I guess, I hope there are things out in the desert (no map marker) I have not found yet.

They've not been bugfixing for 2 months straight, a significant number of weeks after launch were holidays that the devs spent at home with their families to recover from last year's crunch. That's also one of the main reasons why 1.1 was not as comprehensive of a patch as many people (myself included) had hoped.

I am running the game with gtx 970! 4gb
I get around 60 FPS most of the time. My guess it has to do with how the game memory is being accessed. I have tools like Priority Master (and other system controls like mem leak tools, Sys timer tools and such that made my older games run MUCH better) that sets the game to Windows 7 high Priority.

But it turns out these make this game run BADLY with lots of glitches! Turn those "helpers" OFF let the OLD win 7 systems run as they would have 10 years ago and the game runs great!

My settings:
Texture Quality: HIGH
Film Grain: OFF
Chromatic Aberration: OFF
Depth of Field: OFF
Lens Flare: OFF
Motion Blur: OFF
Contact Shadows: ON
Improved Facial Lighting Geometry: ON
Anisotropy: 4x
Local Shadow Mesh Quality: HIGH
Local Shadow Quality: medium
Cascaded Shadows Range: LOW
Cascaded Shadows Resolution: MED
Distant Shadows Resolution: HIGH
Volumetric Fog Resolution: LOW
Volumetric Cloud Quality: OFF
Max Dynamic Decals: HIGH
Screen Space Reflections Quality: OFF
Subsurface Scattering Quality: HIGH
Ambient Occlusion: LOW
Color Precision: MED
Mirror Quality: low
Level of Detail (LOD): LOW

And it looks fine AND no game stopping bugs except for the dam mirrors:

photomode_24012021_175024.png
I'm running with 2gb 650 gtx i7 3820 3.6ghz 16 gb ram Windows 7 64 bit No crashes 50 hours game time. I've been patching the game from the beginning.
All settings on low,only crowd density on high resolution 1280x720.
So many cry babies on steam forums on the game's performance make me laugh.
I'm way below the game min sys req and i can play the game and you don't see me complaining.

Obviously, but it depends on that stores return policy. If it has one. You should call them and ask so you don't have to go there for nothing.
I called. Unfortunately cannot return it.
I'm stuck with game.
And to think i bought even the Xbox One Cyberpunk Limited Edition.
Pff.
Post automatically merged:

The game definitely has issues. But you are comparing Hitman screenshots in a closed room with outdoor CP2077 screens with essentially unlimited draw distance and a billion structures to render. Look at some indoor shots of CP2077 on high settings and it's amazing. In fact so are the outdoor scenes (if you ignore the hideous LOD pop-ins).

Playing essentially the latest, most taxing game available on old hardware is always going to lead to tears. I have an i7-9700k clocked @ 5Ghz, RTX 3080, and 32GB of RAM, and the game is stunning. RT Ultra with DLSS Quality, and turning off huge frame hogs like screen space reflections (not really needed with RT anyway). It only drops to 60fps in city center in the middle of the day with huge numbers of NPCs & vehicles, 90% of my time is 70-80fps with a 55fps 1% low.
I dont care for irrelevant, illogical excuses. Hitman 3, Metro Exodus, Doom Eternal, RDR2 look better at lower resolutions(1080p) and settings(low-medium).
If they advertised the game correctly through the sys req I would have not bought the game.
But because of greed they said u could run the game on 1080p low 30fps on Gtx 780 and i5 3570k and 8gb ram, HDD in order to make more sales.
Here I made a screenshot indoors:
cyberpunk 2077 inside1.png

metro exodus inside.png

hitman inside.png

hitman inside NPC.png

Still looks awful compared with Hitman 3.
I think the game looks good only on rtx cards which use ray tracing and u dont need SSR. Also DLSS 2.0 make the blurryness of TAA less pregnant. Plus u can run at ultra.
I bet they made game beautiful mostly only on rtx cards in order for people to upgrade. The game being made în colaboration with Nvidia.
Thats seems the only explaination why it looks so bad on low settings on lower resolution 1080p.
The table sys req for cyberpunk 2077 says u need gtx 1060 and ryzen 3200g for 1080p ultra-> recomended
The table sys req for metro exodus says u need rtx 2060 and I7 4770k->recomended.
The table sys req for hitman 3 says u need gtx 1070 and ryzen 1600 - >recomended.

I can run Cyberpunk 2077 at 1080p medium-low 23 fps in a coridor.
I can run Metro Exodus at 1080p medium-low at 140fps in a coridor.
I can run Hitman 3 at 1080p medium-low at 139 fps in a coridor. 100 fps in a semi-open room with NPCs.
It clearly they lied about performance. The greed was running rampant. The other companies they portrait the performance of their game correctly and fair.Their greed was probably in check.

You comparing different games does not work.

You're showing games that are not rendering large open world's with a high density of buildings, people, cars, signs, with lighting and shadowing taking place on all of these objects at the same time. All these objects, are also using a very high fidelity texturing unlike some of the games you have mentioned.

There's also no way to tell, if your PC setup is optimized properly.
Just a video card, does not instantly mean you can play every game without problems.
What kind of hard drive you have? What is the speed and quality of your memory chips?
And what is the refresh rate of your monitor? Even your video card can be listed here because they are not all made the same some are cheap some quality, when it comes to the memory they use.

And how old is your CPU, and what is its speed? What operating system updates do you have? And has your bios ever been updated?

Computers are not plug in and play like consoles, they are machines that need to be maintained and their components optimized to work together.

Anyone that makes a post claiming the game runs like crap,
should look at their own PC first. And consider the things I mentioned above.

No game breaking bugs, no graphic problems, no crash to desktops.
100 plus hours.

R-11 Alienware computer fully loaded.
And the new Alienware 27 inch 240Hz monitor, with a Alienware RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard. Along with a Alienware gaming mouse, and Alienware headphones. If you would like to see my computer you can look under {show your rig} in the general category.
I dont care for irrelevant, illogical excuses. Hitman 3, Metro Exodus, Doom Eternal, RDR2 look better at lower resolutions(1080p) and settings(low-medium).
If they advertised the game correctly through the sys req I would have not bought the game.
But because of greed they said u could run the game on 1080p low 30fps on Gtx 780 and i5 3570k and 8gb ram, HDD in order to make more sales.
Here I made a screenshot indoors:

metro exodus inside.png

hitman inside.png

hitman inside NPC.png

Still looks awful compared with Hitman 3.
I think the game looks good only on rtx cards which use ray tracing and u dont need SSR. Also DLSS 2.0 make the blurryness of TAA less pregnant. Plus u can run at ultra.
I bet they made game beautiful mostly only on rtx cards in order for people to upgrade. The game being made în colaboration with Nvidia.
Thats seems the only explaination why it looks so bad on low settings on lower resolution 1080p.
The table sys req for cyberpunk 2077 says u need gtx 1060 and ryzen 3200g for 1080p ultra-> recomended
The table sys req for metro exodus says u need rtx 2060 and I7 4770k->recomended.
The table sys req for hitman 3 says u need gtx 1070 and ryzen 1600 - >recomended.

I can run Cyberpunk 2077 at 1080p medium-low 23 fps in a coridor.
I can run Hitman 3 at 1080p medium-low at 139 fps in a coridor. 100 fps in a semi-open room with NPCs.
It clearly they lied about performance. The greed was running rampant. The other companies they portrait the performance of their game correctly and fair.Their greed was probably in check.

I have lastest windows update. Windows 10 i reinstalled recently.
Latest graphics driver.
Last patch to the game.
Power plan is on High Performance.
Game Mode off.
Advanced System Settings is on Performance.
Antivirus disable.
Last bios on my Asus PRIME B350-PLUS->bios 5602.
I have Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO White 16GB DDR4 3200 MHz CL 16.
I have a Seasonic 550w 80% Bronze M12II EVO .
I have Samsung UE50NU7472 4k 60hz TV and Samsung 40J5100 1080p 60hz TV. Played the game on Samsung 40J5100.
Overclocked the RX 580 GPU to 1436MHZ.
Used ConfigOverhaulCyberpunk.
lates.png

I will keep repeating myself... I'm on base PS4 mainly and I have virtually no issues that are game breaking of. any. kind.
The extend of my experience ever since 1.1 is a car dropping from the ceiling once in a blue moon.

[Edit] To stay on topic, while I have only a few hours in, I've not come across any issues with game performance on PC either
Saying so does not make it.
People who say the game runs fine never show anything.
Its telling.

You don't seem to be getting what people are saying so I'll make it real simple.

Your hardware wasn't even cutting edge 4 years ago. That would be an i7 and a GTX 1080ti.

Your videocard has 4MB of RAM. They recommend 6!
Recommended gets you "high" settings @ 1080p at most likely locked 30fps.
Most would assume this to be perfectly playable.
So, you should be playing this at medium to low settings, and if I were you. I would be going to texture options
at the main menu before continue your campaign and set it to medium or even low. You don't have enough VRAM to
be playing this on high or having any setting at high. You're 2GB short.
You dont seem to be getting i was playing at 1080p low/off, crow density low.
My pc plays fine games like RDR2, Death Stranding, Metro Exodus, Hitman 3, Doom Eternal, Crysis Remaster at ~4k resolution medium-high settings at 23-30/40 FPS.
So spare me the VRAM its not enough.
Videos made by me on my pc. Enjoy:

Yeah right, tons of issues, utterly unplayable. Here's one screenshot from my side:

View attachment 11173382
Number of hours does not demonstrate anything.
Non-sequitur.
It only proves how many hours u played.
You might have played at 720p at 30 FPS.
What pc do u have?

Read your spec, unfortunately for you the min-max specs that they advertised are all over the place. I would suggest to drop it to medium quality and setting on off a couple of effects. Set crowd density to low just to be sure ( you won't lose much, just some zombies here and there ).
Game works for some, can't even start for someone else, no matter how expensive and powerful the rig is. If you are still getting problems don't worry much, the game is that unstable and is not your fault.

Please watch this video which u didnt watch(was in my first post):

Its on 1080p low/off, crowd density low.
Syst spec for Metro exodus and Hitman 3 are fair.

I can run Cyberpunk 2077 at 1080p medium-low 23 fps in a coridor. SSR off.
I can run Hitman 3 at 1080p medium-low at 139 fps in a coridor. 100 fps in a closed room with NPC and reflections. SSR low.

hitman inside.png

metro exodus inside.png

I'm running with 2gb 650 gtx i7 3820 3.6ghz 16 gb ram Windows 7 64 bit No crashes 50 hours game time. I've been patching the game from the beginning.
All settings on low,only crowd density on high resolution 1280x720.
So many cry babies on steam forums on the game's performance make me laugh.
I'm way below the game min sys req and i can play the game and you don't see me complaining.
Saying so does not make it.
People who say the game runs fine never show anything.
Its telling.
I could as well told the game is running well (not specify the 14 fps outdoor, 20 indoors) and lie that it did not crash once and have not encountered bugs.
Would that have proved anything?
No.
Empty claims are just that.

Last edited:
No one cares. Your PC is old and dated, Cyberpunk is a next gen game. THE END.

i7 9700K, 16GBRAM, RTX 2070 Super, SSD 130+hrs smooth as a babies' butt.

Last edited:
Q: How is this nex gen ?:)))

Driving its bad, AI is bad. Shooting, interaction, physics, customization, loot is mediocre/non-existent.
In matter of RPG elements, story, choice many games do it better.

CROPW.png

Q: Why is next gen ? Explain.

Metro Exodus and Hitman 3 are running 7 times better.

Q: Its the graphics 7 times better, its the game 7 times more intensive in coridors?

Q: What is next gen in this pic above? Show me?
metro exodus inside.png

hitman inside.png

Crysis 3 was next gen. looks better then Cyberpunk.
crysis32.png

Attachments

• cyberpunk 2077 inside1.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 37
Last edited:

Q: Has CDPR turn like EA, Activision, Bethesda now?:shrug:

I can run games like Crysis Remaster 2020 (Raytracing HIGH) and Hitman 3 2021 (SSR HIGH-which is not broken like in cyberpunk) at HIGH Settings, resolution ~ 4k/4k with 23-38/43 FPS but I cannot run this joke of a game at 1080p low, SSR OFF, crowd density low at somewhat playable FPS(20-30).
Also games like Metro Exodus 2020, The Outer Worlds 2019, Death Stranding 2020, Doom Eternal 2020, Red Dead Redemption 2 2020 all run HIGH Settings, resolution ~ 4k with 20-30/35/47 FPS.

How can Hitman 3 look so good, clear, detailed, reflection are superb but this joke so hidious. It's like I need glasses. Its like a game from ps3 era.
Hitman 3 images 1080p:
View attachment 11172518
View attachment 11172521
View attachment 11172524

Cyberpunk 2077 images 1080p:
View attachment 11172533
View attachment 11172527
View attachment 11172530

View attachment 11172536

Alright this looks way too bad! This ain't it chief. I am pretty certain you are doing something wrong, I have a 3 year old Laptop with GTX 1050 and a mediocre CPU, I get atleast 30 FPS with lower medium settings with medium textures and high crowd density, no cap.

But yeah, I agree that the game looks pretty bad most of the time but yeah, apparently 7 years of development weren't enough for this... maybe they took it slow? faced problems we don't know? lesser dev workforce? idk but the current situation is that the game is definitely unfinished and shouldn't have been released. Obviously games these days have bugs at launch and that is 100% understandable coming from an indie game dev(myself). Games and their mechanics have gotten complex, game engines have their own fine tunings, etc etc. But this game? oh boy, It ain't got that many "unique" game mechanics, infact lacks a lot of prerequisite features which are already in other games, so its definitely not wrong to say that this game has wayy too many bugs even for an unfinished and rushed game. I don't know what CDPR was thinking. I don't completely blame the devs personally but I do think they were also being lazy/underpaid/rushed/etc. But what happened is happened, ATLEAST now, they need to learn from their mistakes. I guess they are because I head that they opened the game for modders. But all these irrational and immature haters like these idiots who caused a data breach, etc just slow their process of improving the game. But oh well, I'm anyway waiting atleast 6 more months before I play the game again.

i7 9700K, 16GBRAM, RTX 2070 Super, SSD 130+hrs smooth as a babies' butt.

And then there are absolutely ignorant people like this. SO the spectrum of players is just too wide and we are all just pulling the game down from improvement.

I guess you don't understand. Open world games are always more demanding
on CPU and VRAM as well as RAM because the asset count is extremely high.

CP streams in the world. This is why low end PC's or consoles have a lot of weird
errors where NPC's pop out of existence/getting into cars before the animation plays out.
It's a sign of the PC/console straining to run the game engine. It's basically at it's
limit and the engine is stressing the hardware to far causing it to break in numerous ways.

If you have a higher end PC like me, which is built to handle CP, you get a smooth experience
with very little bugs and weird graphical issues like disappearing NPCs or missing animations.

There's a reason why you never saw such a dense environment on last gen ever attempted
aside CDPR. No one else was crazy enough lol.

Also, check out Linus Tech explaining PC system specs. It'll teach you a lot about how to read
these specifications and how best to move forward in the future.

Alright this looks way too bad! This ain't it chief. I am pretty certain you are doing something wrong, I have a 3 year old Laptop with GTX 1050 and a mediocre CPU, I get atleast 30 FPS with lower medium settings with medium textures and high crowd density, no cap.

But yeah, I agree that the game looks pretty bad most of the time but yeah, apparently 7 years of development weren't enough for this... maybe they took it slow? faced problems we don't know? lesser dev workforce? idk but the current situation is that the game is definitely unfinished and shouldn't have been released. Obviously games these days have bugs at launch and that is 100% understandable coming from an indie game dev(myself). Games and their mechanics have gotten complex, game engines have their own fine tunings, etc etc. But this game? oh boy, It ain't got that many "unique" game mechanics, infact lacks a lot of prerequisite features which are already in other games, so its definitely not wrong to say that this game has wayy too many bugs even for an unfinished and rushed game. I don't know what CDPR was thinking. I don't completely blame the devs personally but I do think they were also being lazy/underpaid/rushed/etc. But what happened is happened, ATLEAST now, they need to learn from their mistakes. I guess they are because I head that they opened the game for modders. But all these irrational and immature haters like these idiots who caused a data breach, etc just slow their process of improving the game. But oh well, I'm anyway waiting atleast 6 more months before I play the game again.

And then there are absolutely ignorant people like this. SO the spectrum of players is just too wide and we are all just pulling the game down from improvement.
Learn what the word ignorant means next time you use it. I only responded this way after he refused to listen to a logical response to his predicament.

I guess you don't understand. Open world games are always more demanding
on CPU and VRAM as well as RAM because the asset count is extremely high.

CP streams in the world. This is why low end PC's or consoles have a lot of weird
errors where NPC's pop out of existence/getting into cars before the animation plays out.
It's a sign of the PC/console straining to run the game engine. It's basically at it's
limit and the engine is stressing the hardware to far causing it to break in numerous ways.

If you have a higher end PC like me, which is built to handle CP, you get a smooth experience
with very little bugs and weird graphical issues like disappearing NPCs or missing animations.

There's a reason why you never saw such a dense environment on last gen ever attempted
aside CDPR. No one else was crazy enough lol.

Also, check out Linus Tech explaining PC system specs. It'll teach you a lot about how to read
these specifications and how best to move forward in the future.

Learn what the word ignorant means next time you use it. I only responded this way after he refused to listen to a logical response to his predicament.
Sir i compared coridors.
Did u bother to look at my posts?

metro exodus inside.png

hitman inside.png

hitman inside NPC.png

Hitman with a room semi-open and reflections runs better the Cyberpunk with only one NPC and just a coridor.
Please explain.

Q: 30 FPS where? Inside ? Outside in intense areas?
Q: What resolution?
Q: What CPU?
Q: Can u please show a screenshot or a video?

etter performance (and n
Comparing PC gaming performance between games which use different engines, different coding types/structures, file structures and formats, and were coded by different groups of people who were meeting different quality and time requirements; is kind of like saying my Toyota runs great so why doesn't my Ford.

I get where you are coming from and I totally understand how you got this into perspective and I used to argue with this a few years ago too. The problem is, this is a developer's approach, you need to understand that the consumer gives absolute 0 craps about this. You see a general consumer would compare a toyota and a ford or even a lexus. Ofcourse not a car enthusiast or someone who knows the in and outs of cars but I'm talking about a general consumer. Comparison between products is moreover a consumer's right? no not the right word, more like freedom to compare. In the end what they care about, how the product serves its purpose and does it fulfil what it promised.

And the OP is right here in comparing these games, because in the end he cares about his money he paid for this game which is more or less equivalent to the other games he compared with. SO he is totally in the right when he asks why this game does not function like the others as it was promised to do so.

And as a game dev myself I know this is a frustrating take, not understanding what goes on behind the scenes per say but yeah he isn't wrong at all was my point as he is a consumer and does not need to know what goes on behind the scenes. Its like abstraction and encapsulation all over again xD

See those are good to you. it is all subjective and individual. I have had very little issues with 2077 since release day. As have millions of other players. See to me, God of War, Ratchet and Clank, Spider Man, Days Gone. I have zero interest in and think they look awful in artwork, style and rehased boring game design that offers nothing new. They aren't for me. But I certainly don't crap on other peoples likes and complain just becuse a game im not happy with or like doesn't suit me. it simply solves nothign and is not going to change the pace or way that CDPR works on the game.

As far as I understood the OP has performance issues, and game mechanic issues, not art styles and stuff. Which of course as you say are subjective.

Last edited:
I may just go driving around the badlands I guess, I hope there are things out in the desert (no map marker) I have not found yet.

Highly doubt they added anything cool or easter egg like which is undiscovered yet, considering the state of the game now.

Ignorant : (informal) discourteous or rude. (formal) lacking knowledge or awareness in general; uneducated or unsophisticated.

Proves my point of using it I hope? or I could expand if you want.

This is what the game looks like on a high end PC, I can get maybe 30 FPS at 1440p with these settings.
In videos things looks better and at night. Make one screenshot during day and show me.
I am not impressed. Crysis 3 4k with raytracing would humiliate this game.
So the game looks good on a 3000$ GPU with 24 GB VRAM and raytracing, DLSS quality, psycho settings, which bypass somewhat the problems wtih TAA and SSR, texture not loading.
But for the majority who have GTX 1060/GTX 1070 gpus the game looks bad blurry, grainy, texture not loading. Not very impressive.
Hitman 3 and Metro Exodus look good even on 1080 low .
Crysis 3 4k pics:

Show me Cyberpunk 2077 4k screenshots made by u.

Last edited:
Top Bottom